Guys, what do you think of JV?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

cruwinas
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,531

Guys, what do you think of JV? 

Post#1 » by cruwinas » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:28 am

What's up guys?

Since Dwight Powell went down with a very nasty Achilles tendon tear - Mavs have a big problem with the bigs. Meanwhile JV plays in Memphis, first year on a new, very team friendly contract. I have to admit, that I didn't have a chance to watch a lot of Mavs games, but I followed JV since he was a teenager.
My question to you is: could JV be a good fit with the Mavs? Because under right circumstances some trade could be cooked up, beneficial to all participating parties.
Let me know, what do you think.

:wave: :wave: :wave:
:crazy:
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Re: Guys, what do you think of JV? 

Post#2 » by Apz » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:53 am

Got WCS, dont think we need 2 tbh. Imo, if we getting a 2nd center I would have kept that kid we waived tbh and schooled him like with powell. Sad is that I so wanted us to grab a big in the draft....was it Gafford that still was on the board when we had our pick? Well, we will see how this turns out
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#3 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:46 am

I'd love JV, but what do the Mavs have that the Grizz would want?
I wish they had signed JV during the offseason, but they got Delon Wright instead, lol.
cruwinas
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,531

Post#4 » by cruwinas » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:31 am

HairyGOATee wrote:I'd love JV, but what do the Mavs have that the Grizz would want?
I wish they had signed JV during the offseason, but they got Delon Wright instead, lol.

I just see JV for the Memphis as temporary fit. Maybe I'm wrong. Basically, Grizzlies could give away JV if they could get through the trade (not necessary just between two clubs, other parties could get involved) a young, inexpensive BIG (JJJ is very good, but he still is a more PF than C), or a cheap, inexpensive vet big or first round pick.
Memphis is not there yet, they can be patient and rearrange their cards.
Personally i think that JV would fit well with the Mavs. Mavs already are tall and long. JV's biggest misfortune that he has trouble guarding small guys away from the basket. But guess what? Last season when both Delon Wright and JV played briefly together for Memphis, and even prior to that if JV and Delon were together on the floor in Toronto - it was not a problem for JV. Delon is long, tall and quick, they together were hedging hard, defending PNR or PNP or drives to the bucket well. Your team is very tall, very long though not very 'physical". insert JV - and he would contribute. On both ends of the floor.
I think Mavs can get JV if they decided that they need him. My concern is: will he be a good fit?
:crazy:
MC_901
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#5 » by MC_901 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:10 am

cruwinas wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:I'd love JV, but what do the Mavs have that the Grizz would want?

I just see JV for the Memphis as temporary fit. Maybe I'm wrong. Basically, Grizzlies could give away JV if they could get through the trade (not necessary just between two clubs, other parties could get involved) a young, inexpensive BIG (JJJ is very good, but he still is a more PF than C), or a cheap, inexpensive vet big or first round pick.
Memphis is not there yet, they can be patient and rearrange their cards.
Personally i think that JV would fit well with the Mavs. Mavs already are tall and long. JV's biggest misfortune that he has trouble guarding small guys away from the basket. But guess what? Last season when both Delon Wright and JV played briefly together for Memphis, and even prior to that if JV and Delon were together on the floor in Toronto - it was not a problem for JV. Delon is long, tall and quick, they together were hedging hard, defending PNR or PNP or drives to the bucket well. Your team is very tall, very long though not very 'physical". insert JV - and he would contribute. On both ends of the floor.
I think Mavs can get JV if they decided that they need him. My concern is: will he be a good fit?

Our young team making the playoffs would be absolutely amazing so that is what we are striving for so JV isn't going anywhere.

Return to Dallas Mavericks