ImageImageImage

Is Luka slowing down?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,591

Is Luka slowing down? 

Post#1 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:23 am

I've seen highlights and stats recently, but it seems his efficiency has been going downhill.
Is he tired? Defenses are playing him differently? Just a shooting slump?

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using RealGM mobile app
Слава Украине!
LukaMagic
Senior
And1: 679

Re: Is Luka slowing down? 

Post#2 » by LukaMagic » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:50 am

Yes and lets make a thread about it! 20 yo kid is having a "bad" stretch - who would have thought, eh?
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#3 » by agentofatlas » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:19 am

He's still pretty good on drives and points in the paint but his FTs have fallen of a cliff recently and tanking his efficiency.
wolfram
Junior
And1: 314

Post#4 » by wolfram » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:31 am

Standard mental and physical fatigue for him in January. He will need a few years to get over it. Take summers more seriously. Get a grip mentally. He is young. Been discussed here a lot.
MC_901
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#5 » by MC_901 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:01 pm

It's funny..Ja Morant had two below standard games in a row and people here in Memphis went nuts and then in his last game he basically took over another 4th quarter in a Grizzlies win and all is right in the universe again. I think the Grizzles, Mavs, and Pelicans have great futures ahead of them....gonna be a fun division. Also gonna be fun to watch the Spurs take their medicine and eventually be really bad if they want to be good again.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,632

Post#6 » by oldshoolballer » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:24 pm

Luka looks tired out there at times it's affecting his game.He's got to get in better condition looks like carrying a little too much fat.He also looks out of rhythm in the second and fourth quarter.Coach may want to reduce some minutes and maybe try a different sub pattern.He usually plays the whole first quarter then comes in halfway in the second quarter.Maybe pull him out after 8 minutes in the first quarter and put him back in at the 8 minute mark in the second.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#7 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:28 pm

LukaMagic wrote:Yes and lets make a thread about it! 20 yo kid is having a "bad" stretch - who would have thought, eh?

I agree somewhat with this sentiment, but folks like to play both sides of this coin with Luka.

If he struggles, it's awww poor baby, he's only a little kid. He's not even old enough to buy a beer, yet.

When he plays well, it's ZOMG!!! This guy is doing things that grow men haven't ever done before & he's only 20!!! He's superman!!!

People need to pick a side & stay consistent with it.
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#8 » by BlueSan » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:44 pm

82 games marathon

8 games is not even 10% of it. Better worse games... also a lot of it has to do with what is happening with the team in general and how other guys are helping Luka be Luka, he is still doing a lot of the things on his own and that is not ok
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,632

Post#9 » by oldshoolballer » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:46 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
LukaMagic wrote:Yes and lets make a thread about it! 20 yo kid is having a "bad" stretch - who would have thought, eh?

I agree somewhat with this sentiment, but folks like to play both sides of this coin with Luka.

If he struggles, it's awww poor baby, he's only a little kid. He's not even old enough to buy a beer, yet.

When he plays well, it's ZOMG!!! This guy is doing things that grow men haven't ever done before & he's only 20!!! He's superman!!!

People need to pick a side & stay consistent with it.

I agree with this Luka at 20 years old is doing things we have never seen before for a guy his age. He makes mistakes at times he makes bad decisions at times but a lot people are missing all the good things he does.This kid has turned this franchise around in a year.Luka is the most fun I've had watching basketball since MJ.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#10 » by Little Digger » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:03 pm

82 games is ridiculous..everybody’s so greedy..owners and players..Make it a 50 game season and they’d still have enough money to suppport their great great great grandchildren
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
LukaMagic
Senior
And1: 679

Post#11 » by LukaMagic » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:11 pm

Little Digger wrote:82 games is ridiculous..everybody’s so greedy..owners and players..Make it a 50 game season and they’d still have enough money to suppport their great great great grandchildren

Well.. We as fans are greedy as well. I want to watch as many nba games as possible.
The Sparest
Bench Warmer
And1: 446

Post#12 » by The Sparest » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:16 am

MC_901 wrote:Also gonna be fun to watch the Spurs take their medicine and eventually be really bad if they want to be good again.

Good luck with that. I've been waiting 30 years now.
AKA: Sparey Spareman

Return to Dallas Mavericks