ImageImageImage

RS 19/20 - Dallas at Indiana 7:00 PM

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Re: RS 19/20 - Dallas at Indiana 7:00 PM 

Post#41 » by Pinkyring » Tue Feb 4, 2020 8:46 pm

Dont think anyone views luka as ball hog or selfish but he is ball dominate and what comes with that is, he is directly responsible for everybodys success verses when he's out, the ball moves more. That isn't to say we are better without luka it just simply means we become less predictable and get better looks as a result. It's obvious kp is a rythm player, and plays better the more times he touches it, doesnt mean he shoots more just his involvement in the offense, when luka is playing, kp cant get that rhythm because luka is pound pound pound pass shoot.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,661

Post#42 » by oldshoolballer » Tue Feb 4, 2020 8:47 pm

leolozon wrote:It’s so weird, because KP just seems to be hitting more without Luka. Yeah, they should use him more as the screener as we all thought they would, but he’s still hitting shots that he isn’t when Luka is on the floor. It’s completely false that he gets NO opportunity with Luka, but the coach has to find a way to get them going at the same time.
Then sky is the limit.

Spot on.We have to see this type of production from KP with Luka.If that happens the Mavs are title contenders.It's still early Kp has shown me he's more than capable of scoring 25 ppg.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#43 » by DJ_3_Ball » Tue Feb 4, 2020 8:57 pm

fuller4379 wrote:Big road win against a tough Pacers team without our all star. KP had his best game as a Maverick. THJ also played big yesterday.

Yeah this one was big. Makes up for the HOU loss.

Nothing is going to be "easy", but the next 5 games, taking us into the ASB, it's conceivable to see the Mavs win all 5. 7-0 heading into ASB would be nice & would render Luka's injury meaningless, from a scheduling standpoint.

This is the softer part of the schedule & the road game @ Indy was the tough one here. Would be real nice to see the Mavs take care of business over these next 5. They should be favored in all of them.
Paija
Junior
And1: 305

Post#44 » by Paija » Tue Feb 4, 2020 9:12 pm

Lately I do not watch the games live because then the next day I am very tired because of the time difference. I have adopted the following rule - if I wake up and see that Mavs have lost - great, I will have more time for work, because I will not have to spend 2-3 hours watching game and reading comments. If they somehow got the win - again great, because then I watch, and get positive emotions from the game itself and also comments. So in any case I try to get positive emotions out of Mavs game :) Being ex-Knicks fan will do that to you.
This game was very good, KP was in a groove, other teammates contributed. I even did not notice how Hardaway got his many points. Liked DFS. As I knew the score, I was not REALLY surprised but still it was good how they executed in Q4. Like a pros :)
I was watching with Pacers commentary and one thing I noticed was - they said that Mavs are fast playing team, which is not true at all! It is possible that Pacers are even slower, but if I was paid to broadcast games I would at least study the opponents a bit.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,986

Post#45 » by Apz » Wed Feb 5, 2020 12:15 am

Any news on barea btw? Just a twisted ankle?

Return to Dallas Mavericks