ImageImageImage

RS 19/20 - Mavs @ Hornets Sat 7PM ET

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Re: RS 19/20 - Mavs @ Hornets Sat 7PM ET 

Post#21 » by aggerrard » Sun Feb 9, 2020 1:52 am

Apz wrote:Hmm, Lee is pretty decent. This summer, what kind of contract u Think he would accept?

The minimum for sure.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#22 » by Apz » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:07 am

Could be Worth if he still accepts that bench role he got. Not everyone can sit like 5 games and then just jump in and perform
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#23 » by fuller4379 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:10 am

The Hornets make Curry and WCS look like all stars.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#24 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:14 am

Apz wrote:Could be Worth if he still accepts that bench role he got. Not everyone can sit like 5 games and then just jump in and perform

Almost no players can do that, but under Carlisle it's expected.
bran muffin
Starter
And1: 3,441

Post#25 » by bran muffin » Sun Feb 9, 2020 2:17 am

The Law of Inverted Results and Expectations:

• The Mavericks shall lose when they're supposed to win by 10
  • The Mavericks shall win when they're supposed to lose by 20
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#26 » by fuller4379 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:22 am

bran muffin wrote:The Law of Inverted Results and Expectations:

Home 14-13
Road 17-8
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#27 » by ozwizard8 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 8:50 am

fuller4379 wrote:
bran muffin wrote:The Law of Inverted Results and Expectations:

Home 14-13
Road 17-8

Its hard to explain.
One thing is that I think players like to upset the opponent crowd. And maybe having the opposite feeling in home games. Like when opponent makes couple 3pt shots, letting down the fans maybe they feel more pressure on them.
It can improve as the team gains more experience and confidence. I hope this team can advance one round in playoff or at least play 6-7 game series. That experience would help a lot for many of our starters and role players.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#28 » by Michaellam1987 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 1:42 pm

It is not about we are at home or in the road. We are too relying on the 3pts shooting, once we are not shooting well, we have no chance to bit mid-tier teams coz we are not good defensively,
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,089

Post#29 » by Dirk » Sun Feb 9, 2020 3:44 pm

aggerrard wrote:Must win!

Solid. Badly needed. All is forgiven. I guess hah. Hopefully no more late game collapses, breakdowns, mental mistakes that cost games when you were in position to win. How Carlisle can have a team give up a game winning layup one night and then have a bunch of role guys outplay the other team throughout is mind-boggling, but no Mavs fan can complain --- yet to have a 3 game losing streak, they've managed to crawl back up from their worst moments well..

Ironically, they were down big at home vs these Hornets and eventually lost that game. Remember, the last Luka game was that embarrassing blowout to the Suns. So to see them go 2-0 without Luka/KP. 3-3 without Luka is quite decent.

Looking at these games and comparing them with December, the defense isn't the same (not a fan of a couple of starting units that they used), while on offense a couple of guys showed interesting things that will be curious to monitor when the full lineup is back.

Michaellam1987 wrote:It is not about we are at home or in the road. We are too relying on the 3pts shooting, once we are not shooting well, we have no chance to bit mid-tier teams coz we are not good defensively,

While there are plausible explanations, I think the home vs road thing is overblown.

The Mavs were literally robbed of 2 wins (vs Kings, game winning fts not given to Luka / vs Lakers, they tie with a blatant foul). Then you have 2 or 3 other games... like vs Blazers, vs these very Hornets (admitted by the nba in the 2 min report).... Basically, the Mavs have been unfortunate with the refs at home all year, while on the road it has been pretty fair. So, if the home record was say 17-10, you'd probably not hear about it as much as you do now.
60/21/10
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#30 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sun Feb 9, 2020 9:45 pm

Dirk wrote:... yet to have a 3 game losing streak, they've managed to crawl back up from their worst moments well...

... Remember, the last Luka game was that embarrassing blowout to the Suns. So to see them go 2-0 without Luka/KP. 3-3 without Luka is quite decent.

Looking at these games and comparing them with December, the defense isn't the same (not a fan of a couple of starting units that they used), while on offense a couple of guys showed interesting things that will be curious to monitor when the full lineup is back...

While I agree with some of the optimism in this post, this is overall a pretty trash way to look at things. I said a few weeks ago that things could be okay, even with some of the rough losses (vs DEN, vs CHA, @ OKC) because after the Clippers game on Jan 21st, the schedule gets very favorable for the next 2 months. In particular leading up to the All Star break. Then we lose vs PHX (blowout) @ HOU (blowout), vs MEM (blowout), @ WAS (**** disgraceful)... Man we lose to the Wizards in a game where JJ Barea plays 0 min, KP only plays 21 minutes (so what he has 5 fouls, he didn't have 6. Get his ass back out on the court & get the W!)

Post Clippers game this team is 5-5 during what's suppose to be a light part of the schedule. 5-5 isn't good enough. We slipped from 5th to 7th, and we're barreling into 8th place with losses vs WAS... and from there it's will we make the playoffs?

And just 10 games ago, the path to 2nd in the West was visible. It was doable.

"3-3 without Luka is quite decent" Not vs the competition we've had. It's bull.

I'm tired of hearing both sides of the coin about this bench. One minute it's Wow these guys are so good they can win a game @ DEN on their own. They can win in MIL. They can win in PHI. They're good enough to contend this year. The next minute when they don't play well it's Hey so what they got their ass kicked by the Wizards. They're .500 and that's pretty good. If you're good enough to beat DEN, beat MIL, beat PHI and have people talk about the bench is good enough to contend this year, then going .500 while you play the likes of the Wizards is NOT okay. It's not.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#31 » by Michaellam1987 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:55 am

Mavs is too inconsistent since FY2020, no matter the Mavs is facing weak or strong team, it comes to me that our free flow offense disappear when the game is tight in the last minutes, full of careless turnovers, low percentage FG, on the other hand, our defense is consistently bad, no matter it is in the paint or the 3 points line, it become more serious when our 3 pts are not following, it did impact on the confidence of players, especially DFS/Kleber (our 2 best defender) which make our defense even worse,
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,041

Post#32 » by daoneandonly » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:48 pm

Didnt even realize they had a Saturday game, that joke of a performance vs the Wizards had me check out. To think, I was going to go to that game cause I always wanted to see a Mavs game live and in person, glad I didnt waste my time & money.

Return to Dallas Mavericks