ImageImageImage

Cuban: "Mavs Almost Made 2 Really Big Trades Before NBA Deadline"

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Re: Cuban: "Mavs Almost Made 2 Really Big Trades Before NBA Deadline" 

Post#41 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:14 pm

Roddy B for 3 wrote:I heard elsewhere about Dallas almost getting Danny Green. So, Gallo and Danny & Green would be my guess.

Who knows how close that actually was to happening.

That would have been good. Maybe the Mavs can draft some decent players this year, but I also feel like they will just trade the picks away on draft night, lol.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,010

Post#42 » by Mr B » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:09 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:
You cannot compare Randle and Drummond directly, Randle does have some range and offensive versatility with some nice offensive move in the low post. Of course, I am not saying we should trade for Randle no matter what happen, I am just saying if the chance is there with low value assets request from us only, as some rumors that NYK want to trade away Randle to clear more cap space, we should indeed consider to do it. Randle’s contract is not that bad, we will have our non-taxpayer MLE (around 10m) anyway with or without his contact on book for the 2020 offseason. Randle is only 25 and still have some potential. I believe his efficiency will go up in a proper environment, his only 4m guaranteed money in 2021 give us some more flexibility as well. Dallas won’t be able to trade for Drummond as we don’t have enough expiring contracts to match his salary. Finally, if you ask me as a mav fan, I will be lot more excited if the mavs trade for 25 years old Randle and pay his 18m instead of trade for Danny Green and his 15m contract.

I agree, there are definitely some differences between Randle and Drummond. Also don’t get me wrong, I have been hoping for a couple of years that the Mavs would trade for Randle or hoped that they would sign him when he was free. Personally I think he’d be a great fit next to KP. They just don’t want him though. The Mavs have made it pretty clear that they have zero interest in Randle. I think a player like Gallo or even Aaron Gordon are the type of player they are looking to add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are Gallo and Gordon on defense though?

Neither are strong on defense. I really think they are looking to solve that defensive issue in 2021 free agency. Whether that be Giannis or Gobert. Obviously they are trying to add a defensive wing (MKG) but ultimately they want a big that can dominate defensively and who will be a good compliment to KP. You’re right though, neither Gallo or Gordon fit that defensive mold. Neither would be lane cloggers either though. I don’t see them adding anyone that would force them to dip into the 2021 cap space though.

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,010

Post#43 » by Mr B » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:11 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:I heard elsewhere about Dallas almost getting Danny Green. So, Gallo and Danny & Green would be my guess.

That would have been good. Maybe the Mavs can draft some decent players this year, but I also feel like they will just trade the picks away on draft night, lol.

Well they can’t technically trade the pick but they can draft someone and trade the player. If that happens though we won’t see that go down until they are actually on the clock for their pick.

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Re: Cuban: 

Post#44 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:16 am

Mr B wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:
Mr B wrote:
I agree, there are definitely some differences between Randle and Drummond. Also don’t get me wrong, I have been hoping for a couple of years that the Mavs would trade for Randle or hoped that they would sign him when he was free. Personally I think he’d be a great fit next to KP. They just don’t want him though. The Mavs have made it pretty clear that they have zero interest in Randle. I think a player like Gallo or even Aaron Gordon are the type of player they are looking to add.

Neither are strong on defense. I really think they are looking to solve that defensive issue in 2021 free agency. Whether that be Giannis or Gobert. Obviously they are trying to add a defensive wing (MKG) but ultimately they want a big that can dominate defensively and who will be a good compliment to KP. You’re right though, neither Gallo or Gordon fit that defensive mold. Neither would be lane cloggers either though. I don’t see them adding anyone that would force them to dip into the 2021 cap space though.

Getting a 3D wing for the MLE this offseason would be a nice boost though. Crowder would be a nice get for sure.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#45 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:19 am

Mr B wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:

Well they can’t technically trade the pick but they can draft someone and trade the player. If that happens though we won’t see that go down until they are actually on the clock for their pick.

Yeah, that's fair.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#46 » by Michaellam1987 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:36 am

Mr B wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Gallo is obviously a below average defender, don't have quick feet and not particular strong, however, he really has a all-round offensive versatility, post-up, mid range, 3pts, etc. the main problem is his health and his age and he is looking for the last big and long enough contract in the coming offseason, in which I don't think Dallas should offer (e.g. something like 3 years 60m+), Gordon is quite the opposite, he is the above average defender, but lessor on his offensive game, not great on shooting, but he is quite good in finding open guys, he is still young and until contract for 2 more years (17m each year), I would prefer Gordon over Gallo, but we don't really have assets to do the trade with ORL
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#47 » by arkuo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:49 pm

I believe Cuban will go after a 3&D guy still and if given the chance, will still court Danny Green for the 3rd time.

The SF position is a position that is dominant in the NBA today with Lebron, Kawhi, Giannis and PG13 there at some point. The team lacks offensive production in that SF spot for a while now. And for a position that is hotly contested, I believe we need to have DFS and his 6 pts per game come off the bench. And we need to get more out of that position, including defense of course.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by HairyGOATee » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:12 am

arkuo wrote:I believe Cuban will go after a 3&D guy still and if given the chance, will still court Danny Green for the 3rd time.

The SF position is a position that is dominant in the NBA today with Lebron, Kawhi, Giannis and PG13 there at some point. The team lacks offensive production in that SF spot for a while now. And for a position that is hotly contested, I believe we need to have DFS and his 6 pts per game come off the bench. And we need to get more out of that position, including defense of course.

Crowder for the MLE in the offseason, and then see if they can trade for Capela or something like that.
DickMotta4Prez
Senior
And1: 57

Post#49 » by DickMotta4Prez » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:09 pm

Anything from Fish, take with a grain of salt.
Giannis is very unlikely to leave MIL. If he does, the chances of him landing with GSW are far better than him signing here.
Swinging a good deal in the offseason for AG or Myles Turner is the likely move, then signing a 3&D guy for the MLE.
boogiezen wrote:
So, stop pretending you know about basketball.

Return to Dallas Mavericks