ImageImageImage

Which team you would rather DAL to play with in playoff?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 340

Which team you would rather DAL to play with in playoff? 

Post#1 » by Michaellam1987 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:30 pm

After the all star break, we have around 1/3 games remaining before playoff. Based on current standing and barring no significant injuries, the top 8 team of western conference is based determined, LAL seems likely to get the first seed, while DEN/LAC/UTAH/HOU are fighting for the home court advantage, with OKC/DAL/MEM getting 6-8 seeds.

Given the existing DAL team and need to play in the road for the first round of playoff, which opponents you would rather to play with? Our 13th playoff bound roster should be:

Luka/Brunson/JJB
THJ/Curry/
DFS/Wright/(MKG or Lee)
Maxi/Jackson
KP/WCS/Boban

Obviously, I would prefer OKC & MEM and avoid LAL, but they are all unlikely to be first round opponent for DAL, so the likely choice would be among the teams fighting home court advantage. Who will you choose?
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,795

Re: Which team you would rather DAL to play with in playoff? 

Post#2 » by dirkforpres » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:18 pm

Usually the rotation is trimmed down to 8 or 9 in the playoffs, and by April I think Wright is our best option to start at guard.

Wright-Curry-Doncic-DFS-KP with Brunson, WCS, Kleber, and Hardaway is a good 9 man rotation.

A lot of it will depend on matchups though, obviously. I’m hoping we get up to a 4/5 seed to play Houston round 1, just so KP can feast against a shorter defender.. Plus Luka always roasts them when he plays
FIRE JASON KIDD
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,981

Post#3 » by daoneandonly » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:29 pm

dirkforpres wrote:Usually the rotation is trimmed down to 8 or 9 in the playoffs, and by April I think Wright is our best option to start at guard.

Wright-Curry-Doncic-DFS-KP with Brunson, WCS, Kleber, and Hardaway is a good 9 man rotation.

A lot of it will depend on matchups though, obviously. I’m hoping we get up to a 4/5 seed to play Houston round 1, just so KP can feast against a shorter defender.. Plus Luka always roasts them when he plays

I see your vantage point, but I think the team is set on starting THJ with Luka. he really is a different player when he starts alongside Doncic.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,981

Post#4 » by daoneandonly » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:30 pm

Obviously not the Clippers, they'd run right through us. I wouldnt want to face the Lakers either, despite us really beating them twice. Any of the others I'd be fine with really.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#5 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:22 am

HOU ainec
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 340

Post#6 » by Michaellam1987 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:34 am

DEN and UTAH overall team defense are very good and can limit DAL's offense most of the time, Jokic and Gobert will have monster game against DAL; LAC obviously has the one of the best perimeter defense and can throw multiple defenders to Doncic, HOU become the best possible opponent, but Westbrook/Harden combo are too much for DAL handle given our poor perimeter defense
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#7 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:56 pm

I guess Houston, but after that I'll go with the Nuggets
Lowtech801
Senior
And1: 177

Post#8 » by Lowtech801 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:59 pm

Honestly anyone besides the 2 LA teams. Not saying I think we would beat the others but I think we could make a series out of 'em.

Return to Dallas Mavericks