RS 19/20 - Mavs at Wolves Sund 3:30 PM

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,843

Re: RS 19/20 - Mavs at Wolves Sund 3:30 PM 

Post#21 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 10:57 pm

leolozon wrote:The Wolves are so bad...

Great game by KP and Seth. Seth is slowly becoming officially the 3rd best player on that team.

Now let’s hope Luka can play tomorrow and it was just preventive rest.

Tim is still better but it's good to have 2 stars and 3 good players now (THJ, Seth and Maxi).
Paija
Junior
And1: 305

Post#22 » by Paija » Sun Mar 1, 2020 11:05 pm

KP played so many minutes that i am sure he will be sitting out tomorrow. Good game.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 832

Post#23 » by Teffer10 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 11:10 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:

Great game by KP and Seth. Seth is slowly becoming officially the 3rd best player on that team.

Tim is still better but it's good to have 2 stars and 3 good players now (THJ, Seth and Maxi).

I'm beginning to think DFS needs to be included in that group now.
Mavs are a solid team when everyone is healthy and now it appears players are starting to understand and are getting comfortable in their individual roles.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 11:13 pm

Pinkyring wrote:Justin jackson is not an NBA player

Fun fact: Justin Jackson is currently an NBA player. :lol:
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 11:15 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:

I'm beginning to think DFS needs to be included in that group now.
Mavs are a solid team when everyone is healthy and now it appears players are starting to understand and are getting comfortable in their individual roles.

Fair enough. It's after those 6 where I currently see a drop in quality. Delon is the clear 7th guy... but then it gets tough. The more I see of JJ for example the less I think he's compatible to play the point on this team. Jackson has tanked, MKG hasn't shown much yet, Boban is a beast but too situational, etc.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#26 » by fuller4379 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 11:34 pm

Signing Curry to four year / $28 million is looking like a smart move.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,796

Post#27 » by dirkforpres » Sun Mar 1, 2020 11:44 pm

fuller4379 wrote:Signing Curry to four year / $28 million is looking like a smart move.

Him and Dwight are the best bargain bin contracts in the league
FIRE JASON KIDD
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#28 » by fuller4379 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 1:23 am

dirkforpres wrote:
fuller4379 wrote:Signing Curry to four year / $28 million is looking like a smart move.

At least we got something out of the Rondo trade fiasco. Powell was looking good prior to the torn Achilles.

Carlisle seems to do a good job getting the most out of bargain bin reclamation projects. Hopefully, we get production out of WCS when he returns. I wish he didn’t make McBuckets look so good in his short stint in Dallas. I would love to have him draining threes off the Mavs bench.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,796

Post#29 » by dirkforpres » Mon Mar 2, 2020 5:41 am

fuller4379 wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

At least we got something out of the Rondo trade fiasco. Powell was looking good prior to the torn Achilles.

Carlisle seems to do a good job getting the most out of bargain bin reclamation projects. Hopefully, we get production out of WCS when he returns. I wish he didn’t make McBuckets look so good in his short stint in Dallas. I would love to have him draining threes off the Mavs bench.

I meant Howard, not Powell.
FIRE JASON KIDD
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#30 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon Mar 2, 2020 5:52 am

I'm glad we got the win.

We're essentially locked into the top 7 of the West. I think we'd be doing ourselves a favor to climb into the 5th seed tho. I think the Clippers are going to start ramping up their lineups now. Meaning, I doubt they slide out of the top 3 of the West. Would really like to position ourselves not to have to face the Clippers in the 1st round of the playoffs.

5th seed is still very doable. Although, after tomorrow night's game with the Bulls, the schedule goes back to the difficult setting for pretty much the rest of the season. This is that part of the schedule were playing .500 from here on out isn't a bad thing. I don't think .500 will get us the 5th seed tho. We're gonna have to steal a few games here & there and not drop any games to teams we shouldn't lose to.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#31 » by arkuo » Mon Mar 2, 2020 2:16 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:I'm glad we got the win.

We're essentially locked into the top 7 of the West. I think we'd be doing ourselves a favor to climb into the 5th seed tho. I think the Clippers are going to start ramping up their lineups now. Meaning, I doubt they slide out of the top 3 of the West. Would really like to position ourselves not to have to face the Clippers in the 1st round of the playoffs.

5th seed is still very doable. Although, after tomorrow night's game with the Bulls, the schedule goes back to the difficult setting for pretty much the rest of the season. This is that part of the schedule were playing .500 from here on out isn't a bad thing. I don't think .500 will get us the 5th seed tho. We're gonna have to steal a few games here & there and not drop any games to teams we shouldn't lose to.

If the playoffs ended today, we would face the Nuggets if Im not mistaken. And I personally prefer them than if we finish 6th and face the Clippers?

5th gets us Houston, I think.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#32 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon Mar 2, 2020 7:26 pm

arkuo wrote:
DJ_3_Ball wrote:I'm glad we got the win.

If the playoffs ended today, we would face the Nuggets if Im not mistaken. And I personally prefer them than if we finish 6th and face the Clippers?

5th gets us Houston, I think.

You think Denver will finish ahead of the Clippers? What I meant by Clippers are going to start to ramp up their lineups is, I expect them to start playing PG-13 & Kawhi together regularly and more minutes as they start to work towards post-season form. That puts them in 2nd place, imo.

But, maybe Denver does get hot or for some reason the Clippers finish 3rd. I'd like to be in the 5th seed to avoid the Clippers all together because I do not see the Clippers falling to 4th. I'm just fine with HOU. I think Carlisle can out coach D'Antoni and develop schemes they're not ready for. If Harden doesn't play well, then HOU loses. Harden has to play well for HOU to have a chance. We have a size advantage over them & that's a beautiful matchup for us in the first round imo. That's exactly what I want.

Return to Dallas Mavericks