ImageImageImage

2020 Offseason Strategy Thread

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

arkuo
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,499
And1: 603
Joined: Jun 16, 2004

Re: 2020 Offseason Strategy Thread 

Post#81 » by arkuo » Sun May 24, 2020 11:44 am

swaggerbox wrote:i am not so much optimistic on the 2021 free agency. other than giannis there is no one realitiscally worthy of saving the max space for. the draft and the trade front is the only path i think that the mavs are fairly good at. so collect the most assets that you can get. if $15/yr is the price tag for the best shooter on the planet then go get him and not settle for anything less. there are lots of avenues if you want create max space.



The chances of Giannis signing here are really slim as Milwaukee is in a far better position than Dallas. And in the East he can experience the same cake walk to the finals like Lebron before. I think Cuban realized this and that's why we cut his brother from the roster anyway. I'd focus on other complementary pieces to Luka and KP now.
arkuo
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,499
And1: 603
Joined: Jun 16, 2004

Re: 2020 Offseason Strategy Thread 

Post#82 » by arkuo » Sun May 24, 2020 1:02 pm

You know what would piss Pat Riley off?

While he is tied down with a max for Jimmy Butler, and I'm assuming he maxes out Bam Adebayo as well. He will be waiting to offer Giannis another max too. We can swoop in and sign Duncan Robinson and Kendrick Nunn from under his nose. Both those players are RFA. Both are really good shooters. Both fit around Luka and KP. And Riley cant keep them all in Miami. He has a little over a week to match so he has to pick his battles.
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 40,815
And1: 2,608
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: 2020 Offseason Strategy Thread 

Post#83 » by HMFFL » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:56 am

T.J. Warren went off in Saturday’s win over Philadelphia, as he scored a career-high 53 points (20-of-29 FGs, 4-of-4 FTs) with four rebounds, three assists, two blocks and nine 3-pointers in 40 minutes. 



Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
swaggerbox
Ballboy
Posts: 23
And1: 2
Joined: Jul 21, 2006

Re: 2020 Offseason Strategy Thread 

Post#84 » by swaggerbox » Sun Aug 2, 2020 7:18 am

sucks right? we could have had warren but we didnt have enough assets on hand to entice the Suns deal with us rather than the Pacers. We made an offer but the Pacers' offer was better.
ejs78
Pro Prospect
Posts: 756
And1: 159
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: 2020 Offseason Strategy Thread 

Post#85 » by ejs78 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:59 pm

We need help on the defensive end. Warren isn't going to solve that problem.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,092
And1: 600
Joined: Apr 02, 2006
 

Re: 2020 Offseason Strategy Thread 

Post#86 » by Captain_Obvious » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:15 pm

I hope Drummond and Powell/Wright/picks is somehow possible.

Crowder for the MLE would be perfect.
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 40,815
And1: 2,608
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: 2020 Offseason Strategy Thread 

Post#87 » by HMFFL » Tue Aug 4, 2020 5:02 am

StatMuse: TJ Warren had 34-11-4-3-4 with 0 turnovers today. He is the only player to put up those numbers in a game without turning the ball over in the last 35 seasons. pic.twitter.com/4BU7oPjFmC

 

– via Twitter statmuse



Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Bluelabel24
Sophomore
Posts: 139
And1: 27
Joined: Feb 03, 2019
   

Re: 2020 Offseason Strategy Thread 

Post#88 » by Bluelabel24 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 9:15 am

1. i hope we get Crowder.. we badly need a good defender and a tough guy on this team.
2. luka should lose some lbs in the offseason. He looks chunky is this restart.
imo his best playing shape was at euroleague where he was around 218-225
The-Power
Head Coach
Posts: 6,134
And1: 5,276
Joined: Jan 03, 2014
Location: Germany
   

Re: 2020 Offseason Strategy Thread 

Post#89 » by The-Power » Tue Aug 4, 2020 9:56 am

Bluelabel24 wrote:2. luka should lose some lbs in the offseason. He looks chunky is this restart.
imo his best playing shape was at euroleague where he was around 218-225

He looks pretty quick and currently gets to the paint at will in no small part due to his physical profile, including his strength. You have to be really careful not to mess with that for no good reason. His biggest issue right now is his shot anyway.
Bluelabel24
Sophomore
Posts: 139
And1: 27
Joined: Feb 03, 2019
   

Re: 2020 Offseason Strategy Thread 

Post#90 » by Bluelabel24 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 1:16 pm

The-Power wrote:
Bluelabel24 wrote:2. luka should lose some lbs in the offseason. He looks chunky is this restart.
imo his best playing shape was at euroleague where he was around 218-225

He looks pretty quick and currently gets to the paint at will in no small part due to his physical profile, including his strength. You have to be really careful not to mess with that for no good reason. His biggest issue right now is his shot anyway.

his physique right now looks like he could burn some fat and possibly get stronger, quicker and less likely to suffer from injuries.
thats just my guess though, im not an expert on the field or have any experience with physical training(md,phd). maybe someone here who has can share insights.
ejs78
Pro Prospect
Posts: 756
And1: 159
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: 2020 Offseason Strategy Thread 

Post#91 » by ejs78 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 1:42 pm

This team just needs to bring in as many 3 & D players as they can through the draft and FA.



Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Pointguard01
RealGM
Posts: 12,784
And1: 208
Joined: Jun 07, 2004

Re: 2020 Offseason Strategy Thread 

Post#92 » by Pointguard01 » Fri Aug 7, 2020 11:12 am

ejs78 wrote:This team just needs to bring in as many 3 & D players as they can through the draft and FA.



Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


Targets in 2021:
1. Otto Porter
2. Josh Richardson
3. OJ Anunoby (RFA)

If Jrue Holiday doesn’t work out (he is easily Option A for this team), these are prime targets for me. Probably over Gordon Hayward and Victor Olidipo (pending his play next season due to his recent injury).
Bluelabel24
Sophomore
Posts: 139
And1: 27
Joined: Feb 03, 2019
   

Re: 2020 Offseason Strategy Thread 

Post#93 » by Bluelabel24 » Fri Aug 7, 2020 11:45 am

Pointguard01 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:This team just needs to bring in as many 3 & D players as they can through the draft and FA.



Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


Targets in 2021:
1. Otto Porter
2. Josh Richardson
3. OJ Anunoby (RFA)

If Jrue Holiday doesn’t work out (he is easily Option A for this team), these are prime targets for me. Probably over Gordon Hayward and Victor Olidipo (pending his play next season due to his recent injury).

would be extremely happy with OG Anunoby.. a big fan since his college days. can the raps match offers for him or not?

my low risk targets would be
Jae Crowder
Isaiah Hartenstein
Harry Giles( been playing well, a physical guy who sets great screens)

this team badly needs a tough guy. we got 0 tough guys and a ton of finesse guys. we made zubac(whos careerPPG is 7pts) look like an all star.
User avatar
Pointguard01
RealGM
Posts: 12,784
And1: 208
Joined: Jun 07, 2004

Re: 2020 Offseason Strategy Thread 

Post#94 » by Pointguard01 » Yesterday 11:10 am

Raptors could match OG. We’d have to overlay and make them think twice. Probably not worth it.


Jae, to me, isn’t a good enough defender. He’s solid but not good enough to be your best perimeter defender and that’s what we need. Agree we need some tough, physical players. Jrue would be so clutch.
Bluelabel24
Sophomore
Posts: 139
And1: 27
Joined: Feb 03, 2019
   

Re: 2020 Offseason Strategy Thread 

Post#95 » by Bluelabel24 » Yesterday 2:21 pm

Pointguard01 wrote:Raptors could match OG. We’d have to overlay and make them think twice. Probably not worth it.


Jae, to me, isn’t a good enough defender. He’s solid but not good enough to be your best perimeter defender and that’s what we need. Agree we need some tough, physical players. Jrue would be so clutch.

thats the tough part though.. i mean everyone would prefer not to overpay anyone but to acquire someone who can be a game changer it has become a need the past few years.
Sometimes the question has been. who'd you rather overpay. and i think OG is among the top names in that category. he is 2yrs younger than KP, solid rebounder, among the league best perimeter defensive players and shot 40% from 3 this year. but again this is completely subjective, thats just my opinion.

Return to Dallas Mavericks