ImageImageImage

Why Do Some People Want To Trade Away Delon Wright So Badly?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Re: Why Do Some People Want To Trade Away Delon Wright So Badly? 

Post#21 » by HMFFL » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:12 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:
HMFFL wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:
He actually earns a hair under $9.5 million and his deal decreases in annual value over the next two seasons.
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/dallas-mavericks/delon-wright-17848/
Rotoworld.com has his salary similar but where is Hoopshype.com getting their numbers from?

Rotoworld:
2019-20: $9,473,684
2020-21: $9,000,000
2021-22: $8,526,316

Hoopshype:
$10,259,375
$11,080,125
$11,080,125
$11,080,125

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Yeah, thats weird.

As for Lou Williams (re: your other post), the dude is going to be 34 soon. I'd rather keep Delon for the timeline that this current team is on and try to find another target. Nothing against Lou, just that I don't think that's an ideal swap, especially since the Mavs already have Curry.

Delon in a package for Aaron Gordon? Sure, I can handle that. But I also wouldn't be opposed to keeping him and just adding other pieces around the current core.
I mentioned Lou Williams as an example of a good signing where the player produces at a high level and is paid below his value. I believe he signed the extension because he wanted stability since he bounced around to different teams for so long. I have no expectations that he will ever become a Man so that wasn't the point of me mentioning him.

I agree, Delon can be a pieces that we keep, but he's expendable like we both said. We need him to raise his level of play within the next two years and if he doesn't do that we move on.

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Re: Why Do Some People Want To Trade Away Delon Wright So Badly? 

Post#22 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:07 am

HMFFL wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:
HMFFL wrote:Rotoworld.com has his salary similar but where is Hoopshype.com getting their numbers from?

Rotoworld:
2019-20: $9,473,684
2020-21: $9,000,000
2021-22: $8,526,316

Hoopshype:
$10,259,375
$11,080,125
$11,080,125
$11,080,125

Yeah, thats weird.

As for Lou Williams (re: your other post), the dude is going to be 34 soon. I'd rather keep Delon for the timeline that this current team is on and try to find another target. Nothing against Lou, just that I don't think that's an ideal swap, especially since the Mavs already have Curry.

Delon in a package for Aaron Gordon? Sure, I can handle that. But I also wouldn't be opposed to keeping him and just adding other pieces around the current core.
I mentioned Lou Williams as an example of a good signing where the player produces at a high level and is paid below his value. I believe he signed the extension because he wanted stability since he bounced around to different teams for so long. I have no expectations that he will ever become a Man so that wasn't the point of me mentioning him.

I agree, Delon can be a pieces that we keep, but he's expendable like we both said. We need him to raise his level of play within the next two years and if he doesn't do that we move on.

I gotcha. My bad. Maybe Delon turns it around, which he had been doing before the season was suspended. He has some likable qualities for sure. Just needs more confidence I guess and specifically, more confidence in his jump shot. People pick on his defense, but honestly, he's still one of the better defenders the team has. Solid rebounder, ball-handler, and passer, just needs to be more confident in his J.

Return to Dallas Mavericks