Mavericks reportedly interested in Jasiel Rivero

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Mavericks reportedly interested in Jasiel Rivero  

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:40 pm

The cuban forward averaged over 9 points and 5 rebounds in 18 minutes per game in Champions League

According to Chema de Lucas, the Dallas Mavericks are monitoring San Pablo Burgos’Jasiel Rivero.
The cuban forward averaged over 9 points and 5 rebounds in 18 minutes per game in Champions League, shooting 53% from the field, 37% from long range and 67% from the foul line.

https://sportando.basketball/en/mavericks-reportedly-interested-in-jasiel-rivero/

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Re: Mavericks reportedly interested in Jasiel Rivero 

Post#2 » by arkuo » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:44 pm

This kid looks similar to Bruno Caboclo. Shoots better from 3. If that's the direction that Carlisle is going, then we are in for a run and gun type of system. Luka running the point and being surrounded by 4 guys who can shoot the 3 or drive to the rim on cuts. Just a lot of motion, I would say.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#3 » by arkuo » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:46 pm

Here's video reference to the kid. He should come really cheap.

I guess there's no use spending $10M a year on Mo Harkless when you can get this kid for the bare minimum. Still a project though.

But that says Cuban is saving up his money for something bigger and not looking to hand out checks left and right.

dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Post#4 » by dirkforpres » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:24 pm

Seems like a lite version of Finney-Smith. Hes worth a look for at least a Summer Camp invite if nothing else
FIRE JASON KIDD
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#5 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:05 am

He will fill the role previously held by Ryan Broekhoff. A youngish foreign player that’s shown promise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
arkuo
General Manager

Post#6 » by arkuo » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:20 am

dirkforpres wrote:Seems like a lite version of Finney-Smith. Hes worth a look for at least a Summer Camp invite if nothing else

He's bigger. He takes the PF role IMO. Maxi's backup minutes maybe.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#7 » by arkuo » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:04 pm

He's like a John Collins to a lesser extent. Would also come way cheaper as Collins is said to be searching for a max deal.

Moves like Collins in the pick and roll which is pretty good with Luka around. That slots him at PF in the paint with KP roaming outside. Which is also a plus on fit.

Another thing to take note is Jasiel Rivero also speaks spanish. Same with Luka and KP. I'd like to believe some plays can be called in spanish for those three with the opposing team not knowing what they're running. Another plus.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#8 » by HairyGOATee » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:13 am

Probably won't make the team. But I wouldn't say this throws the Mavs out of consideration for a combo forward via the non-taxpayer MLE.

Bring back Broekhoff though. Plz Plz Plz Plz Plz

Return to Dallas Mavericks