Total votes: 10

dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,859

Re: NBA 2020 Playoffs | R1 G1 | Mavs vs Clippers, Monday 9PM ET 

Post#41 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:28 am

Pinkyring wrote:
HMFFL wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Please take Dorian and maxi out they can't guard or shoot worth a damn
Maxi is killing me.
Just stiff as hell and flat footed. He's damn near useless out there.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

He was awful, MKG was actually good he guarded very well yet didn't see a second half minute

Yeah i liked MKG and KP out there along with DFS, Luka and Curry... but I guess with KP being rigged out of the game...
But good to know we have quite succesful lineups for the next games.
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#42 » by Heezzi » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:58 am

Ni Da Ye wrote:Maxi was the reason Mavs were down by 16 in the 1st, and yet he was the reason Mavs lost this game. Also, refs were sucking dick tonight.

Luka's TOs where the reason. He had 7 in the first quarter. That's the difference in the game right there.
The Luka, THJ, DFS, Maxi, KP lineup is statistical +/- nightmare. I checked the stats before the restart and that lineup had at +/- of -14. I don't even know why Rick when with it.
deb
Senior
And1: 455

Post#43 » by deb » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:09 pm

Luka finished with 11 turnovers. That's the second worst number in the playoffs since 1984. The only guy to get more TOs in a playoff game was James Harden with 12 in 2015. Terrible showing, that's the game right there, regardless of ejections, fg%,...
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#44 » by HMFFL » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:41 pm

deb wrote:Luka finished with 11 turnovers. That's the second worst number in the playoffs since 1984. The only guy to get more TOs in a playoff game was James Harden with 12 in 2015. Terrible showing, that's the game right there, regardless of ejections, fg%,...
Plenty of positives with his game last night but turning the ball over eleven times is disappointing. The media doesn't advertise that and focuses on the points/doubleD.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#45 » by Darren » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:19 pm

The Mavs has competed hard for the most games. But pay the tuition fees when it comes to outcome. I'm kinda surprised RC actually tried out different lineup. Some works. Some doesn't. However, the clutch minutes execution leaves a lot to be desired. Hardaway and Kleber should not be the players to take clutch 3s. The Mavs falls to the trap Rivers prepared. Veteran takes big shots. Beverely's 3 actually makes the difference. Anyway, from game 2 onwards, 10 Mavs players are playoff-somewhat-tested veterans now. Hopefully, more positive will come out from game 2. Again, KP and Kleber do not complement each other well. But putting Kleber on Kawhi and George is not too bad. MKG really produces offensively. I think the Mavs could find minutes for Boban a little more. With Boban, there's no more offensive board.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 927

Post#46 » by Captain_Obvious » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:27 pm

A lot of lessons to take away from this game IMO. They may not win this series, but playing against great individual veteran defenders will help this team in the future tremendously. Clippers are so deep and have all kinds of weapons to throw at you.

Maxi made Kawhi earn his points 1on1 which is key this series. Really interested to see if he can play him even tougher. DFS really struggles to get any stops. Once Luka or Hardaway switch on George it is just game over :(. We can't hide them both, either one has to figure it out or we get more MKG, who killed it yesterday IMO.

We really need KP to figure out how to box out Zubac. Those second chances will kill us every time. It's really bad we couldn't pick up another big after losing Powell and WCS. Noah did not even make LAC active roster and he would get valuable minutes here. Gortat (wiki says retired :/) or someone like that certainly would help more than Cleveland...

So many things did not go our way yet the game was in striking distance. I was ready to go sleep after 5 minutes but they battled all night. Really sucked they had to toss KP like that.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,979

Post#47 » by Archx » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:37 pm

deb wrote:Luka finished with 11 turnovers. That's the second worst number in the playoffs since 1984. The only guy to get more TOs in a playoff game was James Harden with 12 in 2015. Terrible showing, that's the game right there, regardless of ejections, fg%,...

That's a bit unfair. Sure 11TO's hurt, but how many of those converted into LAC points? And some of those were actually fouls. I'm not dissapointed. Great learning experience, LAC jumped on him right from the start trying to be physical. Sure it worked but then he adjusted. He finished the game like a proper MVP.

People also need to understand the only other reliable scoring option was THJ who did some minor damage but other than that, when KP was thrown out, Mavs were a 1 man show. LAC had soooo many different options on offense and Mavs literally had only 1. I'm impressed that they were still able to stay close to them.

11TO obviously hurt, but you can only ask so much from a 21yo player who just started his NBA career and is literally carrying his team on his back.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,562

Post#48 » by Bob8 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:20 pm

Mavs were 14 up after his first 7 TO's. ;) But lets say he would have just 5 TO's and make normal 27 points with 21 shots. Would Mavs have won? Or you might be suggesting he should made 42 points with 77% TS, 9 assists and only 2 TO's for Mavs to have chance?

KP ejection was crucial of course. Lets say he wouldn't have scored even single point in second half, just 4 stops would have had made game winnable.

The way Mavs and Luka are playing, we will see a lot of TO's in every game.

Return to Dallas Mavericks