ImageImageImage

Trade Discussion 22/23

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Re: Trade Discussion 20/21 

Post#1321 » by arkuo » Tue May 11, 2021 12:10 pm

KhalilS wrote:Indiana already has a brilliant offensive center who is a sieve on defense, for 2/3 of what KP makes.

Bad teams do dumb things. That's the part to capitalize. If they're open to it then you pounce on it the same way Dallas sent out cokehead Josh Howard for Caron Butler, Deshawn Stevenson and Brendan Haywood. These things happen in the NBA, there cant be full parity around trades.

Their center is also barely 6'11 with T-Rex arms and plays inside. Cant hurt to gamble on a 7'3 who just wants to stand behind the 3 pt line and shoot 35 footers. I think it can work for them. Sabonis - Lavert - Porzingis - Brogdon.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,338

Post#1322 » by Mavrelous » Tue May 11, 2021 2:48 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/262535/Porzingis-Doesnt-Know-What-Cuban-Is-Talking-About-Concerning-Doncic-Dust-Ups

KP is itching to be traded, trade him and get it over with.
I'd trade him for Hield and Bagley, and go hunting for a decent big in the FA.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
taibumu
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#1323 » by taibumu » Tue May 11, 2021 4:11 pm

Here you are the full podcast of the interview and as well the résumé in Spanish.
https://www.gigantes.com/nba/porzingis-habla-de-todo/

Enviado desde mi Mi 10 mediante Tapatalk
DrPampiloni
Junior
And1: 363

Post#1324 » by DrPampiloni » Tue May 11, 2021 11:10 pm

KhalilS wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/262535/Porzingis-Doesnt-Know-What-Cuban-Is-Talking-About-Concerning-Doncic-Dust-Ups

Complains that KP is always injured.

Wants to trade him for Marvin Bagley.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#1325 » by Darren » Tue May 11, 2021 11:42 pm

Take it easy. It only means KP is not as close as a friend for Luka compared to Jokic.

But still, I'd rather have Westbrook to replace KP and J-Rich. Salary match. I expect Washington to have moderate interests given age and direction with the team.

Westbrook could provide another great playmaker and make it tough for teams to defend. The Mavs build a more uptempo team.

Cuban and Westbrook dislikes each other a lot. I wonder how things work out.

Still, Westbrook is an impact player on playoff floor.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#1326 » by Archx » Wed May 12, 2021 12:24 am

Darren wrote:Take it easy. It only means KP is not as close as a friend for Luka compared to Jokic.

But still, I'd rather have Westbrook to replace KP and J-Rich. Salary match. I expect Washington to have moderate interests given age and direction with the team.

Westbrook could provide another great playmaker and make it tough for teams to defend. The Mavs build a more uptempo team.

You would replace KP and Jrich with a guy who has horrible shot selection and horrible efficiency? Also, you think Russ would really be ok to come off the bench?
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#1327 » by arkuo » Wed May 12, 2021 4:34 am

Darren wrote:Take it easy. It only means KP is not as close as a friend for Luka compared to Jokic.

Dallas already has the Slovenian version of Russell Westbrook. Luka can fill the stat sheet with triple doubles all year but wont make an impact in game by just having step back 30 footers. Russ had great talent around him like KD, Harden and now Beal. The stats look great, but they're not in the win column. The same path can be given for Luka, but even less athletic as Westbrook. Russ at 35 may even be more athletic than a 25 year old Doncic. Same triple double numbers though.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#1328 » by fuller4379 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:29 am

arkuo wrote:

Dallas already has the Slovenian version of Russell Westbrook. Luka can fill the stat sheet with triple doubles all year but wont make an impact in game by just having step back 30 footers. Russ had great talent around him like KD, Harden and now Beal. The stats look great, but they're not in the win column. The same path can be given for Luka, but even less athletic as Westbrook. Russ at 35 may even be more athletic than a 25 year old Doncic. Same triple double numbers though.

Luka is not just empty stats. He is carrying this team to wins. They would be a last place team without him. If he had a player with him as good as KD, the Mavs would be in the championship hunt.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#1329 » by Mavrelous » Thu May 13, 2021 6:55 am

DrPampiloni wrote:
KhalilS wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/262535/Porzingis-Doesnt-Know-What-Cuban-Is-Talking-About-Concerning-Doncic-Dust-Ups

Complains that KP is always injured.

Wants to trade him for Marvin Bagley.

Bagley is an expiring contract, Hield and an excellent off the ball scorer, and great fit next to Luka, this will also allow directing all of the FA money towards a big.
There's another option, running it one more year with KP, I don't know what's better TBH, but KP doesn't have high value right now.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 567

Post#1330 » by ACMFFL » Thu May 13, 2021 7:42 am

arkuo wrote:

This is a terrible take. Luka impact is huge, without him Dallas would have been a lottery team, also Russ has never been so efficient as Luka.
Fun fact: at the same age of Doncic, Russ had just 5 TD, Luka 34.
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#1331 » by Darren » Thu May 13, 2021 8:01 am

arkuo wrote:

Westbrook is really impact player. The playing style is not great but still, with Westbrook, Washington wins more game than last season. Don't tell me that Washington is more talented team by any sense. And OKC actually nearly eliminated Golden States before KD cheats for ring. More importantly, Westbrook leads the team to near playoff status even if Harden's left and KD is out for a season. Westbrook is underappreciated. I know the contract is ugly. But for the production, it is easily more than KP and J-Rich combined. The Mavs actually gain more impactful talent. I suspect Westbrook is also significant upgrade as a defender at 1. J-Rich is plain out awful defender at 1. Both are not great outside shooter. Still, Westbrook hits over 30% from long-range. J-Rich is 10-20% at most. That's alarming call for a starter. With Westbrook on the floor, opponents have to have the luxury with 2-3 great wing defenders on a team. Not much team have that kind of luxury even on playoff floor.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#1332 » by Mike lorenzo » Thu May 13, 2021 9:26 am

Darren wrote:
arkuo wrote:

Westbrook is really impact player. The playing style is not great but still, with Westbrook, Washington wins more game than last season. Don't tell me that Washington is more talented team by any sense. And OKC actually nearly eliminated Golden States before KD cheats for ring. More importantly, Westbrook leads the team to near playoff status even if Harden's left and KD is out for a season. Westbrook is underappreciated. I know the contract is ugly. But for the production, it is easily more than KP and J-Rich combined. The Mavs actually gain more impactful talent. I suspect Westbrook is also significant upgrade as a defender at 1. J-Rich is plain out awful defender at 1. Both are not great outside shooter. Still, Westbrook hits over 30% from long-range. J-Rich is 10-20% at most. That's alarming call for a starter. With Westbrook on the floor, opponents have to have the luxury with 2-3 great wing defenders on a team. Not much team have that kind of luxury even on playoff floor.
the problem is the fit ... Russ is too dominant and that is his greatest virtue, he is everywhere, .. Luka and Westbrook are terrible off the ball, I feel that they overlap, they are too similar and I'm not sure they are complementary
1+1=11
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#1333 » by Archx » Thu May 13, 2021 10:32 am

arkuo wrote:

No, he's not any version of Russ. He's way closer to Harden or LBJ. Russ cares about stats way more than any player in NBA history and he plays like that. His net rtg is precisely 0, which is horrible if you look at this stat column. He also barely contributes to winning. In fact, his OWS is 0.3, he losses everything with his atrocious 50% TS.

Luka is the complete opposite of Russ.
taibumu
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#1334 » by taibumu » Fri May 14, 2021 1:52 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:
Darren wrote:
arkuo wrote:

the problem is the fit ... Russ is too dominant and that is his greatest virtue, he is everywhere, .. Luka and Westbrook are terrible off the ball, I feel that they overlap, they are too similar and I'm not sure they are complementary
That's is not true.
Give to Luka good and smart players in other positions and he will play great. He has other habilites out of the ball handle.
You can see what I'm talking about checking some Real Madrid matches when he was there.

Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#1335 » by Mike lorenzo » Fri May 14, 2021 2:41 pm

taibumu wrote:
Mike lorenzo wrote:
Darren wrote:
That's is not true.
Give to Luka good and smart players in other positions and he will play great. He has other habilites out of the ball handle.
You can see what I'm talking about checking some Real Madrid matches when he was there.

I am Spanish, it is possible that I have seen every minute of Luka in Spain (at least if it was televised) ... and was 17 years old ...
well maybe exaggerated with Terrible, but really Luka is quite average, out of the ball ...
it seems boring, I would even say he shoots better after dribbling than catching and shooting (could be wrong, just visual proof) Anyway Luka to evolve a lot,
I don't think he needs Pg by his side, in my opinion a PGeorge / Hayward guy or even DDR (offensively) would be his perfect fit
1+1=11
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#1336 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri May 14, 2021 3:32 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:
taibumu wrote:
Mike lorenzo wrote:the problem is the fit ... Russ is too dominant and that is his greatest virtue, he is everywhere, .. Luka and Westbrook are terrible off the ball, I feel that they overlap, they are too similar and I'm not sure they are complementary
That's is not true.

I am Spanish, it is possible that I have seen every minute of Luka in Spain (at least if it was televised) ... and was 17 years old ...
well maybe exaggerated with Terrible, but really Luka is quite average, out of the ball ...
it seems boring, I would even say he shoots better after dribbling than catching and shooting (could be wrong, just visual proof) Anyway Luka to evolve a lot,
I don't think he needs Pg by his side, in my opinion a PGeorge / Hayward guy or even DDR (offensively) would be his perfect fit

Agree.
Oscar9992
Analyst
And1: 2,927

Post#1337 » by Oscar9992 » Sun May 16, 2021 4:35 pm

Honestly I think that Mavs are overloaded at C position. There are 5 players who can play at C currently at Mavs: KP, Cauley-Stein, Powell, Kleber and Boban.

I think Mavs need to trade KP for a decent starting Wing Player, who can play SF/SG. Someone like Lavine, Levert or Middleton.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 845

Post#1338 » by Teffer10 » Sun May 16, 2021 5:07 pm

Oscar9992 wrote:Honestly I think that Mavs are overloaded at C position. There are 5 players who can play at C currently at Mavs: KP, Cauley-Stein, Powell, Kleber and Boban.

I think Mavs need to trade KP for a decent starting Wing Player, who can play SF/SG. Someone like Lavine, Levert or Middleton.

The problem is they have no true center among that bunch that isn't limited in one way or another other than maybe WCS.
KP - Injuries
Maxi - Not a true center
Powell - Not a true center
Boban - Limited minutes

I'm not against trading KP for a wing but we'd have to find a starting caliber center to replace him imo.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#1339 » by Mavrelous » Sun May 16, 2021 5:17 pm

Wait for the off season, there are team loaded with talent that may look to make big move, Blazers, Kings, Bucks, Heat, it'll all depend on their post season.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#1340 » by ejs78 » Sun May 16, 2021 5:47 pm

Id add the Pacers and Celtics to this list.
KhalilS wrote:Wait for the off season, there are team loaded with talent that may look to make big move, Blazers, Kings, Bucks, Heat, it'll all depend on their post season.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Dallas Mavericks