ImageImageImage

Trade Discussion 21/22

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

ejs78
Starter
Posts: 2,045
And1: 413
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2501 » by ejs78 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:30 pm

Mr B wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21
To add onto this

Read on Twitter
?t=XYCIja2cTQDH-RMhaFuMUg&s=19


Thought Carlisle didn't want any of his guys

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app

That would be be crazy if DFS fetches the Mavs Myles Turner. Brogdon has been somewhat of a disappointment in Indy. I wonder if the Pacers would be open to something revolving around DFS/Brunson for Brogdon/Turner?
Brogdon can't be traded this season due to when he signed his extension

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
KhalilS
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,784
And1: 2,262
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2502 » by KhalilS » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:59 pm

The most worryinh is the "financial squeeze", I hoe this is wrong, it's 2 years of tax, Cuban should bite the bullet.
Maverick41
Pro Prospect
Posts: 794
And1: 328
Joined: Dec 26, 2009
 

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2503 » by Maverick41 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:25 pm

Bummed to see Reddish get traded to the Knicks for so cheap. Really liked his potential fit here.
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 45,629
And1: 5,419
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2504 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:51 am

Maverick41 wrote:Bummed to see Reddish get traded to the Knicks for so cheap. Really liked his potential fit here.
It did seem like his value would be higher. However, he's due for an extension, he wanted to be traded, and his preferred team was more than likely the Knicks. Now, let's see if they eventually get Zion.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
LAL1947
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,552
And1: 793
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2505 » by LAL1947 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:37 am

GSW got absolutely stomped by the Bucks. They need a rim-protector badly and a back-up PG too, IMO. So I really think Nico Harrison should see if GSW is interested in getting win-now help with a trade that stacks the odds in their favor... while pulling out as many assets as possible to help Dallas for the future.

For example... Porzingis, Brunson, Bullock for Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga and Poole.

Porzingis is the best player in this deal and a massive upgrade at Center for GSW. Brunson is a quality back-up PG they do not have, since Poole, Lee, etc are SGs. Bullock covers most of what they lose in Wiggins. I don't really wanna give up Brunson here, cos I'd like to send him to NY to get the Dallas 2023 pick back... but GSW may not go for it without Brunson included.

Anyway, this deal would make GSW joint-favorites with the Nets IMO and set them up well for the next 2 seasons too... so why would Dallas do this? Because rather than spend the next 2 seasons mired in mediocrity, why not take a chance on seeing if the 3 young guys in this deal can help make the Mavericks contenders in the future.

GSW:
Curry, Brunson
Klay, Lee/Moody
Bullock, JTA/Iggy
Draymond, Bjelica/OPJ
Porzingis, Looney

Dallas:
Luka, Frank/Burke
THJ, Poole/Green
Wiggins, DFS
Kleber, Kuminga
Wiseman, Chris

Dallas can then search for a quality starting SG to replace THJ, and a center in case Wiseman flops.
KhalilS
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,784
And1: 2,262
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2506 » by KhalilS » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:02 am

LAL1947 wrote:GSW got absolutely stomped by the Bucks. They need a rim-protector badly and a back-up PG too, IMO. So I really think Nico Harrison should see if GSW is interested in getting win-now help with a trade that stacks the odds in their favor... while pulling out as many assets as possible to help Dallas for the future.

For example... Porzingis, Brunson, Bullock for Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga and Poole.

Porzingis is the best player in this deal and a massive upgrade at Center for GSW. Brunson is a quality back-up PG they do not have, since Poole, Lee, etc are SGs. Bullock covers most of what they lose in Wiggins. I don't really wanna give up Brunson here, cos I'd like to send him to NY to get the Dallas 2023 pick back... but GSW may not go for it without Brunson included.

Anyway, this deal would make GSW joint-favorites with the Nets IMO and set them up well for the next 2 seasons too... so why would Dallas do this? Because rather than spend the next 2 seasons mired in mediocrity, why not take a chance on seeing if the 3 young guys in this deal can help make the Mavericks contenders in the future.

GSW:
Curry, Brunson
Klay, Lee/Moody
Bullock, JTA/Iggy
Draymond, Bjelica/OPJ
Porzingis, Looney

Dallas:
Luka, Frank/Burke
THJ, Poole/Green
Wiggins, DFS
Kleber, Kuminga
Wiseman, Powell/Chris

For Dallas, I'd then turn my attention in the off-season to finding a starting SG.


It's a very interesting idea, but GSW have been dominating for all year, they are in a bit of slump, and Wiggins is having an all star year, I don't think they'd find this trade sutable, that's before factoring in KP's injury history.
41Dirk41
Rookie
Posts: 1,070
And1: 226
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2507 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:17 am

Boucher available, a little bit headcase but better than Powell, Maxi, Boban, Brown and Chriss for sure.
Mark Cuban On The Mavs' Free Agency Moves: 'I Think We've Improved Our Team Considerably.'
ejs78
Starter
Posts: 2,045
And1: 413
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2508 » by ejs78 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=mpU4l1yGtKYOG9hHX2_REg&s=19

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
LAL1947
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,552
And1: 793
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2509 » by LAL1947 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:37 pm

KhalilS wrote:It's a very interesting idea, but GSW have been dominating for all year, they are in a bit of slump, and Wiggins is having an all star year, I don't think they'd find this trade sutable, that's before factoring in KP's injury history.

You're right, GSW has looked good... but the only thing that matters is if they can beat their main contenders (the Nets and Bucks IMO) in the finals. The Nets and Bucks have not been at full strength with injuries, Covid, etc... but should get to full strength by the time the playoffs roll around. I think the Bucks game was a preview of what will happen to GSW in the finals, it wasn't even close (although the Bucks were missing Jrue and GSW was missing Draymond). The Nets also flexed hard against Chicago the other day. GSW may very well come out of the West but they need more to take on the two East teams. They'd get that boost with the Dallas trio, especially Porzingis. He'd offer them so much more than they've ever had at Center. Can you imagine how he'd feast with the spacing Curry/Klay/Bullock provide? Then they'd have better depth too, with Brunson leading the 2nd unit. It'll be up to Nico to make them see the same vision and sell it to them. Scratch their back by helping them win now, if they'll scratch yours by helping the Mavs build for the future. GSW only have a 2-3 year window to win with Curry, Klay, Dray... so I think it would be smart for them to go all out.
User avatar
Absinthe
Senior
Posts: 569
And1: 261
Joined: Jul 07, 2014

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2510 » by Absinthe » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:44 am

LAL1947 wrote:GSW got absolutely stomped by the Bucks. They need a rim-protector badly and a back-up PG too, IMO. So I really think Nico Harrison should see if GSW is interested in getting win-now help with a trade that stacks the odds in their favor... while pulling out as many assets as possible to help Dallas for the future.

For example... Porzingis, Brunson, Bullock for Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga and Poole.

Porzingis is the best player in this deal and a massive upgrade at Center for GSW. Brunson is a quality back-up PG they do not have, since Poole, Lee, etc are SGs. Bullock covers most of what they lose in Wiggins. I don't really wanna give up Brunson here, cos I'd like to send him to NY to get the Dallas 2023 pick back... but GSW may not go for it without Brunson included.

Anyway, this deal would make GSW joint-favorites with the Nets IMO and set them up well for the next 2 seasons too... so why would Dallas do this? Because rather than spend the next 2 seasons mired in mediocrity, why not take a chance on seeing if the 3 young guys in this deal can help make the Mavericks contenders in the future.

GSW:
Curry, Brunson
Klay, Lee/Moody
Bullock, JTA/Iggy
Draymond, Bjelica/OPJ
Porzingis, Looney

Dallas:
Luka, Frank/Burke
THJ, Poole/Green
Wiggins, DFS
Kleber, Kuminga
Wiseman, Chris

Dallas can then search for a quality starting SG to replace THJ, and a center in case Wiseman flops.


They’re getting Wiseman back and Golden State will be a very popular buy out team. They’re not giving up assets because they don’t need to.
User avatar
Absinthe
Senior
Posts: 569
And1: 261
Joined: Jul 07, 2014

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2511 » by Absinthe » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:52 am

Rick is salty because he wanted to draft Donovan Mitchell and was vetoed. To be fair, he was completely right.

Ideally, the Mavs get Turner. Or Sabonis. Collins and Schroeder I do not want. I also don’t want Simmons. Simmons will never be a truly elite player. He can’t shoot and if he hasn’t learned by now he never will. But he’s paid like he’s an elite player.

I honestly have no idea what Philly is doing. Are they content with paying him and just letting his contract run out without getting nothing in return?
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 9,178
And1: 2,272
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2512 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:17 pm

Absinthe wrote:Rick is salty because he wanted to draft Donovan Mitchell and was vetoed. To be fair, he was completely right.

Ideally, the Mavs get Turner. Or Sabonis. Collins and Schroeder I do not want. I also don’t want Simmons. Simmons will never be a truly elite player. He can’t shoot and if he hasn’t learned by now he never will. But he’s paid like he’s an elite player.

I honestly have no idea what Philly is doing. Are they content with paying him and just letting his contract run out without getting nothing in return?

I agree that I’m not in on trading for Simmons but to be fair there is still time for Simmons to learn how to shoot. Kidd was a terrible 3-pt shooter until he was well into his career.
ejs78
Starter
Posts: 2,045
And1: 413
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2513 » by ejs78 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:03 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=IjQX9UJx8OUL-COzhhx-WQ&s=19

Would hope its a 3 way deal if it happened. Want nothing that the Knicks have.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
KhalilS
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,784
And1: 2,262
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2514 » by KhalilS » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:10 pm

Man, on the trade board we offered Powell/Brunson for Walker/Mavs 1st back, Knicks fans laughed in our face.
Archx
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,712
And1: 4,083
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2515 » by Archx » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:24 pm

KhalilS wrote:Man, on the trade board we offered Powell/Brunson for Walker/Mavs 1st back, Knicks fans laughed in our face.


I haven't seen more ridiculous fan base than the Knicks in any sport... not even in Europe. Them and Philly fans are on another level of stupidity, so it makes sense. No wonder star players largely avoid them.

But to the point, i hope Mavs know that there are other teams that they can make trades with. The Dallas Knicks meme is slowly becoming more than reality :banghead:
But Brunson should be off limits, i think he's more important to the team than KP. Mavs would have lost everything when Luka was out if it wasn't for Brunson. Like i said before, if they trade him and not get a star level in return, it's going to be Curry scenario all over again.
Mike lorenzo
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,841
And1: 385
Joined: May 09, 2020
 

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2516 » by Mike lorenzo » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:40 pm

Yeah, I think the Knicks are going to reorganize and get younger. With Reddish/Barrett on the Wings...it's no wonder they want Jalen to run the show, he's growing by leaps and bounds and they seem to have strong ties... I think a Randle/Brunson trade makes a lot of sense... maybe we have to wait for the off-season, so it's easier to match Bullock/Jalen(ST) salaries for Randle/Kemba or something like that... Eliminate Randle's salary (within 2 years I think Zion reaches the FA) and has expressed his desire to play in NY
1+1=11
fuller4379
Analyst
Posts: 3,608
And1: 1,031
Joined: May 05, 2014

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2517 » by fuller4379 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:08 am

Archx wrote:
I haven't seen more ridiculous fan base than the Knicks in any sport... not even in Europe. Them and Philly fans are on another level of stupidity, so it makes sense. No wonder star players largely avoid them.


I remember around 2016 when the Knicks fans thought they should get someone in the top 10 for old, broken down Carmelo Anthony.
User avatar
Absinthe
Senior
Posts: 569
And1: 261
Joined: Jul 07, 2014

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2518 » by Absinthe » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:58 am

ejs78 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=IjQX9UJx8OUL-COzhhx-WQ&s=19

Would hope its a 3 way deal if it happened. Want nothing that the Knicks have.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app


The only way I would trade Brunson to NY is if they took KP back. I’m not joking.
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 9,178
And1: 2,272
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2519 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:21 am

Could the Mavs get Toppin in a deal with the Knicks? Also any chance the Mavs would ask for Rose instead of Kemba? I know the Mavs have never really shown any interest in Rose but Kidd might have different thoughts than the prior coach.
LAL1947
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,552
And1: 793
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#2520 » by LAL1947 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:20 am

How about the Dallas 2023 pick back, Immanuel Quickley and Jericho Sims for Jalen Brunson?

Luka.......... Frank/Burke
THJ........... Quickley/Green
DFS........... Bullock/Brown
Porzingis.... Kleber/??
Powell........ Chriss/Sims

Having Chriss and Sims in store allows the Mavs to trade/waive Bobi and Moses now, as well as Powell in the off-season. Quickley seems similar in style to Collin Sexton in how he plays, although he's not as good of a scorer as Sexton. Even so, the Mavs could use someone like that off the bench when THJ and Bullock are having off nights.

Something else I'm wondering about... could the Mavs try to include the Spurs in a 3-team trade for Devin Vassell, with NY/Dallas sending some assets to the Spurs? Vassell is not a star player but his archetype as a 3&D Wing would fit very well alongside Luka + Porzingis + the type of 4/5 needed next to Porzingis. It looks like the 4/5 options the Mav have access to aren't scorers... so the SG and SF needs to be better on offense. Vassell can make his own shot to some extent, has a good three point shot, defends the perimeter, can play either SG or SF. It looks like Pop has realized he can't play Vassell at the 3 and Keldon at the 4 or the Spurs become under-sized, and has settled on Keldon as the starting 3 for now... so it might make Vassell more expendable than he was a coupla months ago. I think the Mavs could also include any combo of Reggie Bullock, Sterling Brown, Josh Green, McLaughlin, Moses Brown, or SRPs to facilitate the trade.

Return to Dallas Mavericks