ImageImageImage

Trade Discussion 22/23

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 711

Re: Trade Discussion 20/21 

Post#1241 » by Mike lorenzo » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:24 am

KhalilS wrote:What do you guys think of Schroeder? He's a bad shooter, but other than that fits perfect next to Luka, secordary handler, can penetrate, and good man defender against quick guards, I don't see the Lakers hard capping themselves for him, and S&T him for JRich is a possibilty

I reject an offer of more than 20 million, several years ... I would not touch that
1+1=11
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,037

Post#1242 » by Mavrelous » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:40 am

He won't get it, he'll get 60-70/4, he and his agent overpayed their hand.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#1243 » by fuller4379 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:22 am

The reality check for people complaining about Josh Green. At this point no one picked behind him is contributing much either.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2020.html
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#1244 » by Mavrelous » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:40 am

Look one line below
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,984

Post#1245 » by daoneandonly » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:04 pm

fuller4379 wrote:The reality check for people complaining about Josh Green. At this point no one picked behind him is contributing much either.

What reality check are you referring to? Saddique Bey and Desmond Bane have been much better than Green.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,796

Post#1246 » by dirkforpres » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:46 pm

fuller4379 wrote:The reality check for people complaining about Josh Green. At this point no one picked behind him is contributing much either.

Let’s see... Of the R1 selections Green has the 3rd fewest points, 3rd fewest minutes, and contributed waaaaaaay less than Pritchard, S Bey, Achiuwa, Maxey, Hampton, or Quickley.

Donnie blew the draft big time not selecting literally anyone else or just trading the pick entirely.... a long line of 1st round failures selected by this moron, but Green is worse than Maurice Ager or Dominique Jones
FIRE JASON KIDD
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,984

Post#1247 » by daoneandonly » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:50 pm

dirkforpres wrote:

Let’s see... Of the R1 selections Green has the 3rd fewest points, 3rd fewest minutes, and contributed waaaaaaay less than Pritchard, S Bey, Achiuwa, Maxey, Hampton, or Quickley.

Donnie blew the draft big time not selecting literally anyone else or just trading the pick entirely.... a long line of 1st round failures selected by this moron, but Green is worse than Maurice Ager or Dominique Jones

Yea I just mentioned Bey and Bane cause they play the same position as Green essentially, but Achiuwa and Maxey are far better also.
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#1248 » by Absinthe » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:17 am

KhalilS wrote:What do you guys think of Schroeder? He's a bad shooter, but other than that fits perfect next to Luka, secordary handler, can penetrate, and good man defender against quick guards, I don't see the Lakers hard capping themselves for him, and S&T him for JRich is a possibilty

Hard pass. The Mavs will get similar production out of the THJ/Brunson combo and for much cheaper. The Mavs need a big who is a screen and roller with three point range. Think of an upgraded Dwight Powell with better defense. I don’t know who that player is but that’s what they need. They need a lob guy who can defend and rebound. You would think that as tall as Porzingis is he would be catching four to five lobs a game but that’s not the case. He hasn’t figured out that when defenses collapse on Luka all he has to do is dart to the rim. It is maddening.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#1249 » by ejs78 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:21 am

That guy played tonight against Dallas and he's a FA minus the 3s.
Absinthe wrote:

Hard pass. The Mavs will get similar production out of the THJ/Brunson combo and for much cheaper. The Mavs need a big who is a screen and roller with three point range. Think of an upgraded Dwight Powell with better defense. I don’t know who that player is but that’s what they need. They need a lob guy who can defend and rebound. You would think that as tall as Porzingis is he would be catching four to five lobs a game but that’s not the case. He hasn’t figured out that when defenses collapse on Luka all he has to do is dart to the rim. It is maddening.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#1250 » by Mike lorenzo » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:03 am

dirkforpres wrote:

McDaniels, Tillman ... difficult to defend Donnie's pick ... Blazers, get Covington, .. Houston, Wood and Nuggets get Gordon, with a pick in our range ....
1+1=11
Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Post#1251 » by Bluelabel24 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:28 am

IF the mavs decide to entertain offers for KP. Thats a big IF, what are your acceptable trade scenarios for KP??. really hard to gauge his value right now. would you settle for a proven but aging former all star or a young unproven with potential?
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#1252 » by Mike lorenzo » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:41 am

Bluelabel24 wrote:IF the mavs decide to entertain offers for KP. Thats a big IF, what are your acceptable trade scenarios for KP??. really hard to gauge his value right now. would you settle for a proven but aging former all star or a young unproven with potential?

Difficult ... wait, increase your value, a little ... Teams I think fit in well.
NOP ... Lonzo (ST) / Adams
Hornets..Hayward?
Raptors? .. Lowry (ST) / Boucher
Thunder? .. Horford / Picks
Wizards ... Bertans / Bryant or Avdija + Pick ?? ... Bulls..Vuc / T.Young ..
Spurs...¿?
1+1=11
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#1253 » by Mavrelous » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:47 am

I've been in the Adams camp all season, but Adams+Ball is a bad deal, Lonzo Ball hasn't shown any indication of being a good player, he's a 3&D player.
I'd much rather get a scorer like CJ instead.
Adams + Bledsoe + Hayes + picks is better.
Hayes is a good prospect, Bledsoe is a good expiring, next year option you can choose whether to utilize or not, and you can get picks.
KP/Hayward swap suggested on the Trade board is good, Hayward is a veteran who knows how to play.
Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Post#1254 » by Bluelabel24 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:39 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:
Bluelabel24 wrote:IF the mavs decide to entertain offers for KP. Thats a big IF, what are your acceptable trade scenarios for KP??. really hard to gauge his value right now. would you settle for a proven but aging former all star or a young unproven with potential?

Difficult ... wait, increase your value, a little ... Teams I think fit in well.
NOP ... Lonzo (ST) / Adams
Hornets..Hayward?
Raptors? .. Lowry (ST) / Boucher
Thunder? .. Horford / Picks
Wizards ... Bertans / Bryant or Avdija + Pick ?? ... Bulls..Vuc / T.Young ..
Spurs...¿?

personally like the Nop Wiz scenarios..

another 2 ive seen on the net are
Kristaps Porzingis for Kemba Walker, Payton Pritchard, Robert Williams, a future first-round pick, a future second-round pick.
(highly unlikely imo, might be a bit too much for KP).

KP jGreen for Gary Harris, Jonathan Isaac, Chuma Okeke and 2nd rnd maybe.
i think this is a much less haul but more realistic compared to others, given that all three(KP,Isaac,Okeke suffered ACL injuries in the past)
really like isaac and okeke's game. Both are defensive minded guys but dont have that allstar factor in them.
Okeke looks like he could be same mold of a PJ Tucker, tough defensive guy, and Isaac is a top tier defender and rebounder.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#1255 » by Bob8 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:54 pm

Watching our guards, it's funny to see how much better than all of then Mike James is playing. I wonder, why Mavs with all Euro connections never get someone from Europe, who is actually top player there. He can score and he can create, no one except Luka is able to do that.
Speadge
Junior
And1: 294

Post#1256 » by Speadge » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:58 pm

Bob8 wrote: I wonder, why Mavs with all that Euro connection never get someone from Europe, who is actually top player there. He can score and he can create, no one except Luka is able to do that.

How do you imagine to do that? This one would still need to become eligible for draft available to other teams who pick before Mavs, right?
Bob8
General Manager

Post#1257 » by Bob8 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:00 pm

Speadge wrote:
Bob8 wrote: I wonder, why Mavs with all that Euro connection never get someone from Europe, who is actually top player there. He can score and he can create, no one except Luka is able to do that.

How do you imagine to do that? This one would still need to go through draft available to other teams who pick before Mavs, right?

He was undrafted in 2012, so I don't understand what are you talking about?
Speadge
Junior

Post#1258 » by Speadge » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:10 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Speadge wrote:

How do you imagine to do that? This one would still need to go through draft available to other teams who pick before Mavs, right?

It seems like you don't know how draft works. Being undrafted and signed as free agent doesn't mean that he skipped the draft. He was available in the draft but no team selected him.
Euro player can't just come to the NBA directly as a free agent skipping the draft. He still need need to become eligible for draft available to other teams.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#1259 » by Bob8 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:16 pm

Speadge wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Speadge wrote:How do you imagine to do that? This one would still need to go through draft available to other teams who pick before Mavs, right?

It seems like you don't know how draft work. Being undrafted and signed as free agent doesn't mean that he skipped the draft. He was available in draft but no team selected him.

I know that Nets gave him 10 days contract and will probably gave him some kind of contract to play in playoffs. Mavs couldn't do that?
Speadge
Junior

Post#1260 » by Speadge » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:20 pm

You missed the point. Do I need to repat it? To play in the NBA, you must have been available in the draft once. Dallas can't just pick some random player in Europe and sign him as a free agent. This player needs to be available to other teams through the draft first. If no team select him, he can become free agent as undrafted player.
You can't enter the NBA skipping the draft. Do you get it now?

Return to Dallas Mavericks