Trade Discussion 22/23

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 847

Re: Trade Discussion 20/21 

Post#1481 » by Teffer10 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:31 pm

JJP wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:For Dallas to lose the cap space in the salary difference between these two I would want 16 and potentially Robert Williams as well in return. I think Wiggins is a better target than Kemba at this point.

Wiggins may be someone they actually look seriously at since salaries are comparable.

The front office is still enamored with someone who can "spread the floor," so they very likely would need to have another big man coming in from another trade to make the team offense the way it's designed.

Wiggins is intriguing because he has the talent to be a more consistent #3 option than THJ has been.
I'm not sure he has the passion to be a #2 though and it would most likely have to be a KP for AW deal.
I don't know if GSW would do a THJ (S&T) for AW or if something surrounding Maxi/JRich for AW would cut it but I think a Luka/KP/Wiggins trio with a decent supporting cast could compete.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#1482 » by Mike lorenzo » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:11 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
JJP wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:For Dallas to lose the cap space in the salary difference between these two I would want 16 and potentially Robert Williams as well in return. I think Wiggins is a better target than Kemba at this point.

Wiggins may be someone they actually look seriously at since salaries are comparable.

The front office is still enamored with someone who can "spread the floor," so they very likely would need to have another big man coming in from another trade to make the team offense the way it's designed.

Wiggins is intriguing because he has the talent to be a more consistent #3 option than THJ has been.
I'm not sure he has the passion to be a #2 though and it would most likely have to be a KP for AW deal.
I don't know if GSW would do a THJ (S&T) for AW or if something surrounding Maxi/JRich for AW would cut it but I think a Luka/KP/Wiggins trio with a decent supporting cast could compete.
a trio of Curry (on fire) / Green / Wiggins ... I don't qualify Playoff ... I think we can do better
1+1=11
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#1483 » by JD45 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:38 pm

If JRich ops out, the Mavs could have enough cap space for Wiggins into the TPE. Or maybe just JRich for Wiggins if he opts in.

Wiggins would really be same role as THJ, just younger and bigger.

They could also look at Wiggins as better scoring threat than DFS and trade DFS/Powell and TPE for Wiggins. Not a slam dunk improvement, but I think it helps a little.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,011

Post#1484 » by Mr B » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:42 pm

What is everyone’s opinion on Malik Beasley. Any interest in trying to trade for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#1485 » by Mike lorenzo » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:12 pm

JD45 wrote:If JRich ops out, the Mavs could have enough cap space for Wiggins into the TPE. Or maybe just JRich for Wiggins if he opts in.

They could also look at Wiggins as better scoring threat than DFS and trade DFS/Powell and TPE for Wiggins. Not a slam dunk improvement, but I think it helps a little.
His salary is huge ... if it was expiring, maybe. . But the next 2 years with Wiggins / KP earning a combined 64 million (plus Luka extension) kills us ... DFS in his contract, is much more valuable than Wiggins ... high lottery, for eating Wiggins ... and they were sending a terrible contract
1+1=11
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#1486 » by Mike lorenzo » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:16 pm

Mr B wrote:What is everyone’s opinion on Malik Beasley. Any interest in trying to trade for him?

had a great year, but I think we have other more urgent needs, we need two-way players, ... I would be looking at .. Dort Smarth Covington K. Anderson ...
1+1=11
JD45
General Manager

Post#1487 » by JD45 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:17 am

Mike lorenzo wrote:
JD45 wrote:If JRich ops out, the Mavs could have enough cap space for Wiggins into the TPE. Or maybe just JRich for Wiggins if he opts in.

His salary is huge ... if it was expiring, maybe. . But the next 2 years with Wiggins / KP earning a combined 64 million (plus Luka extension) kills us ... DFS in his contract, is much more valuable than Wiggins ... high lottery, for eating Wiggins ... and they were sending a terrible contract

Wiggins is overpaid, but I don't think its a "terrible" contract anymore. He has been a 20+ point scorer in the past, but with poor efficiency and 3 pt shot. This past year he had slowed his scoring down to 18.6 pts, but with 38% from 3pt and 56.8% true shooting. He is still just 26, so could have a little more improvement ahead of him, especially 3 pt shooting. I think he would easily get $20 mil per year in free agency. So, sure $30 mil per year is too much, but I think the Mavs are going to have to take a bad contract back to boost talent. If not Wiggins, probably someone similarly overpaid.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,000

Post#1488 » by HMFFL » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:00 am

Golden State would need to include a great deal for us to take on Wiggins. I realize many of the Mavs family are down on KP, but Wiggins doesn't provide many positives at 33 million per season. We certainly don't have many assets on our team so some of you want to use one of our only pieces of value for Wiggins? It doesn't make sense.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
JJP
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#1489 » by JJP » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:10 pm

HMFFL wrote:Golden State would need to include a great deal for us to take on Wiggins. I realize many of the Mavs family are down on KP, but Wiggins doesn't provide many positives at 33 million per season. We certainly don't have many assets on our team so some of you want to use one of our only pieces of value for Wiggins? It doesn't make sense.
Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

KP only has "value" on paper. At least right now.

He is damaged goods, and his future is predicated on being significantly better in Dallas. That may happen, but I would argue that it's no better than acquiring Wiggins as a wing in a trade for KP... and then acquiring a better center.

In order for us to trade KP, some GM is going to have to love him. I suspect there aren't that many willing to roll the dice on him now. In which case Wiggins likely isn't much of a possibility... but at least a trade that makes sense salary-wise.
JD45
General Manager

Post#1490 » by JD45 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:06 pm

I think the KP bad playoff run has moved the narrative way beyond reality.

Has there ever been a player younger than 30, averaging at least 20 points per game and with a PER of at least 20 that hasn't gotten a max deal in free agency?

In looking at the league stats, I can only see around 20 players with 20+ ppg and 20+ PER. And few of those are as young as KP. The guy has many flaws and a serious hole in his game with wing defenders. And his defense is a real concern. But 20/20 guys are very difficult to get. They get paid in the NBA.

If he was a free agent this year, he gets the max. And within the first hour of free agency.

Frederic Bastiat
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,367

Post#1491 » by Mavrelous » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:22 pm

Yeah, it's gotten as bad as trading him for broken down Kevin Love now.
RC really killed his value in the 1st round, makes me think they're not even thinking of trading him.
KP's main problem is defense, and it's clear from the numbers, this year is the only year in his career where he was negative impact on court (in RS, in playoff I think he still was positive), the offense will come, he's too good and with too many weapons to not be utilized properly.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
JJP
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#1492 » by JJP » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:34 pm

JD45 wrote:I think the KP bad playoff run has moved the narrative way beyond reality.

Well the narrative is that he's been injured a lot, has played poorly especially on defense, hasn't connected with Luca, and hasn't adjusted to the Mavericks system. It's a pretty well-defined narrative without much argument.

So the Mavs will probably try to keep him and make every effort to get him to mesh properly... but if you're the Mavericks, you need to be open to other options now, because making Luca a better ball player means KP has to really step it up.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,809

Post#1493 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:55 pm

If a KP trade means give away him then i prefer keep him at least another year, Mavs aren't 1 year of free agency away from contending...the lasts 2 off season killed us, don't make bad moves please.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#1494 » by arkuo » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:03 pm

Im not for taking Wiggins or Oubre just to get rid of KP. That's two steps backward. Might as well keep him.

If you offer Jarrett Allen $25M per, I think that's just enough to get it done. He's not far from a Rudy Gobert and is only 22 or 23 years of age. You can give him a 5 year max and he'd still be in his prime when the deal wraps up. Crazy. Allen does things that KP won't. And vice versa. KP would need to play the KD role with Allen in the middle. KD just hangs in the perimeter shooting face up jumpers. Which I think plays to his strengths. Luka should get Luka numbers with a legitimate rim runner and shot blocker. I think it fixes a lot of things despite being a big contract. I mean, Harrison Barnes was offered $24M per what, 6 years ago? Noel was offererd $17M.
JD45
General Manager

Post#1495 » by JD45 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:49 pm

I am all for signing any player rocking a giant fro. I wish KP would get one.

Going to be difficult to give Allen a contract Cleveland won't match. But would be a good combo with KP.

Frederic Bastiat
Hogified05
Rookie
And1: 498

Post#1496 » by Hogified05 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:06 am

I have absolutely no idea how you could do it but Bradley Beal is tailor made to play with Luka.
The hero Orlando deserves is out there somewhere, Dwight was not the one we needed. So we will hunt for him...
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1497 » by Mr B » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:00 am

arkuo wrote:Im not for taking Wiggins or Oubre just to get rid of KP. That's two steps backward. Might as well keep him.

If you offer Jarrett Allen $25M per, I think that's just enough to get it done. He's not far from a Rudy Gobert and is only 22 or 23 years of age. You can give him a 5 year max and he'd still be in his prime when the deal wraps up. Crazy. Allen does things that KP won't. And vice versa. KP would need to play the KD role with Allen in the middle. KD just hangs in the perimeter shooting face up jumpers. Which I think plays to his strengths. Luka should get Luka numbers with a legitimate rim runner and shot blocker. I think it fixes a lot of things despite being a big contract. I mean, Harrison Barnes was offered $24M per what, 6 years ago? Noel was offererd $17M.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

JD45
General Manager

Post#1498 » by JD45 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:06 am

Mr B wrote:
arkuo wrote:Im not for taking Wiggins or Oubre just to get rid of KP. That's two steps backward. Might as well keep him.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

90% chance the source of this rumor is Allen's agent.

Frederic Bastiat
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#1499 » by ejs78 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:22 am

Mr B wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

RFA is a dangerous game

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1500 » by Mr B » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:18 am

ejs78 wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

RFA is a dangerous game

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

All of the free agent bigs we would want are RFA’s right? Jarrett Allen, John Collins, and Richaun Holmes are all restricted right?

Return to Dallas Mavericks