Mr B wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RFA is a dangerous game

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

All of the free agent bigs we would want are RFA’s right? Jarrett Allen, John Collins, and Richaun Holmes are all restricted right?

Holmes is UFA. He can leave Sactown anytime.

Allen and Collins are RFA.

Holmes should cost half of what it would probably take to get Allen. The defensive potential should also be half.

Collins should he matched by ATL by all means.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,421

Re: Trade Discussion 20/21 

Post#1502 » by Mavrelous » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:28 am

I think ATL will match Collins, but they will have to make some decisions on who to keep later on, they have many players coming up for extension the coming 2 years.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,039

Post#1503 » by Mr B » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:00 am

arkuo wrote:
Mr B wrote:
ejs78 wrote:RFA is a dangerous game

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

All of the free agent bigs we would want are RFA’s right? Jarrett Allen, John Collins, and Richaun Holmes are all restricted right?

Holmes should cost half of what it would probably take to get Allen. The defensive potential should also be half.

Holmes would definitely be the most attainable then. I read that he’s likely to get $20M-$25M per.

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#1504 » by arkuo » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:59 am

Mr B wrote:
arkuo wrote:
Mr B wrote:All of the free agent bigs we would want are RFA’s right? Jarrett Allen, John Collins, and Richaun Holmes are all restricted right?

Holmes would definitely be the most attainable then. I read that he’s likely to get $20M-$25M per.

That's right. Which goes back to my point earlier of adding a few more $$$ to the $20 to $25M and you get a Jarrett Allen. Which is an upgrade over Holmes.

Of course the other side of the coin is assuming Cleveland backs off whatever Cuban offers. IMO Allen is the best case scenario if the Mavs are looking for a rim protector and defensive big not named Rudy Gobert.
Bnice5
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#1505 » by Bnice5 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:02 am

Here is a thought… what if Mavs and Cavs agree to a sign and trade around Allen coming to Dallas (say 4 years 24M AAV)…

Penalty for Cavs allowing this being a swap of KP for Kevin Love…

Mavs take the chance that Love still has something in the tank and that Allen is the rim protecting/rolling big that can pair with Luka long term
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,421

Post#1506 » by Mavrelous » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:26 am

2020 KP is a better player than JAFRO, but yeah I'd do it, not sure about the Cavs, they traded a 1st for JAFRO's bird right, they are planning to sign him.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
arkuo
General Manager

Post#1507 » by arkuo » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:36 am

The more I think of it, the more I feel Cuban will keep KP for the 2021 season.

Sending him out now will be like Pat Riley sending Bam and Butler out because they both laid eggs in a first round sweep. Bam is even worse than KP, having a max contract with zero offensive moves. He is very limited offensively which is why they got swept in the first round. Maxed out one trick ponies get exposed in the playoffs.

That being said, 3 of the 5 starting spots should all be open for upgrades. With only Luka and KP as stayovers. Mavs fans tend to overrate both DFS and Brunson as the next coming of Bruce Bowen and Deron WIlliams. I agree they have good value contracts as they are paid the minimum, but you get what you pay for in production as well. Are we trying to save Cuban some money or are we trying to win? These guys are vastly overrated and limited come playoff time.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#1508 » by JD45 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:28 pm

arkuo wrote:The more I think of it, the more I feel Cuban will keep KP for the 2021 season.

Sending him out now will be like Pat Riley sending Bam and Butler out because they both laid eggs in a first round sweep. Bam is even worse than KP, having a max contract with zero offensive moves. He is very limited offensively which is why they got swept in the first round. Maxed out one trick ponies get exposed in the playoffs.

That being said, 3 of the 5 starting spots should all be open for upgrades. With only Luka and KP as stayovers. Mavs fans tend to overrate both DFS and Brunson as the next coming of Bruce Bowen and Deron WIlliams. I agree they have good value contracts as they are paid the minimum, but you get what you pay for in production as well. Are we trying to save Cuban some money or are we trying to win? These guys are vastly overrated and limited come playoff time.

I think KP will have a lot more trade interest around the league than on the RealGM Trade board. But its pretty unlikely it will be more than he is worth to the Mavs. And you will be proven right and KP stays with the Mavs. I also agree DFS and Brunson are most likely trade chips. They could go out for an overpaid, but solid starter to give a little upgrade.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
JJP
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#1509 » by JJP » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:06 pm

Given the leak that KP was on the trading block last season - true or not - I'm guessing the Mavs will be very careful about approaching anyone about a KP trade. They may just choose to wait and see if anyone else is interested... and keep him if they sense there's little solid interest.
Bnice5
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#1510 » by Bnice5 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:55 pm

JJP wrote:Given the leak that KP was on the trading block last season - true or not - I'm guessing the Mavs will be very careful about approaching anyone about a KP trade. They may just choose to wait and see if anyone else is interested... and keep him if they sense there's little solid interest.

I think the KP camp will generate some trade rumors and noise directly themselves... At the end of the day, the Mavs have to be willing to listen and consider making a change as KP has had two years here and I can't see the chemistry getting considerably better from here. I also would love to be able to turn his contract into a large expiring contract that could be used in a sign and trade for Beal or Lavine next summer. If i were the Mavs I would do anything i could to get my first round pick back from NYC in 23 so that all first rounders could be on the table next summer to get one of those two guys.
JD45
General Manager

Post#1511 » by JD45 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:55 pm

JJP wrote:Given the leak that KP was on the trading block last season - true or not - I'm guessing the Mavs will be very careful about approaching anyone about a KP trade. They may just choose to wait and see if anyone else is interested... and keep him if they sense there's little solid interest.

They can't go out and shop him without risking long term relationship damage as well as getting crap back. But I doubt there is any GM in the NBA who doesn't think KP is available. If anyone wants him, they will contact the Mavs. Or the Mavs could start the conversation by asking about a player they are interested in and see if the other team responds with a KP request.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
JJP
Pro Prospect

Post#1512 » by JJP » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:47 am

JD45 wrote:

They can't go out and shop him without risking long term relationship damage as well as getting crap back. But I doubt there is any GM in the NBA who doesn't think KP is available. If anyone wants him, they will contact the Mavs. Or the Mavs could start the conversation by asking about a player they are interested in and see if the other team responds with a KP request.

I think that's exactly right. Spot on.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#1513 » by HMFFL » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:31 pm

Boston Celtics trading Kemba Walker, 2021 first-rounder to Oklahoma City Thunder

The Boston Celtics are trading Kemba Walker and their 2021 first-round pick to the Oklahoma City Thunder for a package that includes Al Horford, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Along with Walker and the No. 16 overall pick in 2021, the Celtics are also sending a 2025 second-round pick to the Thunder in exchange for Horford, Moses Brown and a 2023 second-rounder, sources said.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31659124/boston-celtics-trading-kemba-walker-2021-first-rounder-oklahoma-city-thunder-sources-say

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
arkuo
General Manager

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1514 » by arkuo » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:36 pm

This most likely puts the KP for Kemba trade to rest.

My bet is Cuban keeps KP at least for the year. Too much boat rocking going on as it is. New GM and new head coach takes the driver seat in terms of priority.
JJP
Pro Prospect

Post#1515 » by JJP » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:01 pm

arkuo wrote:This most likely puts the KP for Kemba trade to rest.

My bet is Cuban keeps KP at least for the year. Too much boat rocking going on as it is. New GM and new head coach takes the driver seat in terms of priority.

Until there's a new GM and coach, we really don't know any player preferences - or any ultimate strategy to acquire players. Anything goes right now.

I think what we do know is that there are new metrics being used league-wide, and the new GM better be acquainted with how this team was built and where to go from here.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Post#1516 » by dirkforpres » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:16 pm

arkuo wrote:This most likely puts the KP for Kemba trade to rest.

I’m fine keeping KP another year and seeing if a new coach utilizes him more effectively than Carlisle did.

Everyone else other than Luka and DFS should be getting their bags packed though.
FIRE JASON KIDD
h4rrison
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,102

Post#1517 » by h4rrison » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:48 pm

KP for Adams bledsoe
JD45
General Manager

Post#1518 » by JD45 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:00 pm

I think most likely scenario is KP plays another year in Dallas.

His value seems pretty low right now. At his age, his chance to bounce back next year to previous form is a lot greater than what they could get in a trade becoming a star.

If a KP trade did happen, I think it would be with GSW. Some variant of Wiggins/Wiseman for KP+filler is likely what was discussed at the trade deadline. Would fit the timeline for each team and I could see GSW taking a chance on KP given their timeline.

Other than that, I can't think of a realistic trade that would be better than the Mavs trying to make KP work.

Frederic Bastiat
JD45
General Manager

Post#1519 » by JD45 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:01 pm

h4rrison wrote:KP for Adams bledsoe

Think about that lineup against the Clippers. KP was relegated to being a decoy, but I don't think Adams and Bledoe even get off the bench.

Frederic Bastiat
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,039

Post#1520 » by Mr B » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:28 pm

JD45 wrote:I think most likely scenario is KP plays another year in Dallas.

His value seems pretty low right now. At his age, his chance to bounce back next year to previous form is a lot greater than what they could get in a trade becoming a star.

If a KP trade did happen, I think it would be with GSW. Some variant of Wiggins/Wiseman for KP+filler is likely what was discussed at the trade deadline. Would fit the timeline for each team and I could see GSW taking a chance on KP given their timeline.

Other than that, I can't think of a realistic trade that would be better than the Mavs trying to make KP work.

That’s what I think happens too. Whoever the new GM hires as his coach will likely want to work with KP to see if they can get him more involved and put him in better positions to be successful. Also the GM may see it as a negative trade to move KP while his stock is so low. Also after the 2021-22 season KP would actually become an asset because he will be a HUGE expiring contract in 2023. The Mavs could then trade him in his final year or just take the cap space to go after a free agent in a year with a deep free agent class. Jokic expires in 2023 too by the way.

Return to Dallas Mavericks