ImageImageImage

Trade Discussion 21/22

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

SOUNDCHASER
Rookie
Posts: 1,222
And1: 176
Joined: Feb 11, 2013

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1761 » by SOUNDCHASER » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:09 pm

You have to send back THJ if you take on either Heild or CJ. Neither is worth taking on if you ask me. I would rather take on Dame.

The main thing to look for is a SF. Neither offer us any size to play at the 3.

Now if Luka is a 3 on defense who also plays the 1 on offense then we could benefit from a guy who compliments his game some.

Not sure such a creature exists. CJ and Heild do not do it. I think adding a SF who can defend well is the most critical add we can go after to improve the teams chances.
gottamakeit
Senior
Posts: 530
And1: 328
Joined: Jan 08, 2012

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1762 » by gottamakeit » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:22 am

SOUNDCHASER wrote:You have to send back THJ if you take on either Heild or CJ. Neither is worth taking on if you ask me. I would rather take on Dame.

The main thing to look for is a SF. Neither offer us any size to play at the 3.

Now if Luka is a 3 on defense who also plays the 1 on offense then we could benefit from a guy who compliments his game some.

Not sure such a creature exists. CJ and Heild do not do it. I think adding a SF who can defend well is the most critical add we can go after to improve the teams chances.


Solid point. I'd add that this SF would need to be able to defend, shoot the 3, and have at least some dribble penetration ability.
Someone like a jerami grant or a gordon hayward
LAL1947
Pro Prospect
Posts: 825
And1: 373
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1763 » by LAL1947 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:18 am

SOUNDCHASER wrote:I think adding a SF who can defend well is the most critical add we can go after to improve the teams chances.

This trade was mentioned in the trades forum: WCS swap with Detroit for Josh Jackson.

I like the idea since the Mavs could do a lot worse at that price, if looking for an SF for the bench. He's 6'8", 24 years old, not too skinny or too heavy, has decent athleticism, can be a plus defender... except he's not very good at shooting from distance. His shooting action is good and he can put the ball on the floor when plays break down... but he really should concentrate on improving his 3-PT shooting.

1-5: Luka, THJ, Bullock, DFS, Porzingis.
6-10: Dragic, Sterling, Jackson, Kleber, Powell.

41Dirk41
Junior
Posts: 475
And1: 117
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1764 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:34 am

JJ is a bonehead but has size and talent, i will make a try...
DJ_3_Ball wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:DDR to Bulls... Ball-LaVine-DDR-X-Vucevic...not bad.

There's nothing on Twitter about this. Nothing on ESPN. Apparently, 41Dirk41 just knows more than the rest of us.
41Dirk41 has an opinion = the word of God :roll:

DDR Finalizing S&T With Bulls
41Dirk41
Junior
Posts: 475
And1: 117
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1765 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:44 am

gottamakeit wrote:
SOUNDCHASER wrote:You have to send back THJ if you take on either Heild or CJ. Neither is worth taking on if you ask me. I would rather take on Dame.

The main thing to look for is a SF. Neither offer us any size to play at the 3.

Now if Luka is a 3 on defense who also plays the 1 on offense then we could benefit from a guy who compliments his game some.

Not sure such a creature exists. CJ and Heild do not do it. I think adding a SF who can defend well is the most critical add we can go after to improve the teams chances.


Solid point. I'd add that this SF would need to be able to defend, shoot the 3, and have at least some dribble penetration ability.
Someone like a jerami grant or a gordon hayward


Jerami Grant is the perfect fit for our team, i would trade all of our players (not named Luka and KP) for him.
But i don't think he is on the market.
DJ_3_Ball wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:DDR to Bulls... Ball-LaVine-DDR-X-Vucevic...not bad.

There's nothing on Twitter about this. Nothing on ESPN. Apparently, 41Dirk41 just knows more than the rest of us.
41Dirk41 has an opinion = the word of God :roll:

DDR Finalizing S&T With Bulls
LAL1947
Pro Prospect
Posts: 825
And1: 373
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1766 » by LAL1947 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:05 am

41Dirk41 wrote:JJ is a bonehead but has size and talent, i will make a try...

Not not much else interesting on the SF market. Only other potential option I've read about is Dillon Brooks.

There's another trade suggestion swapping Jonas, Satoransky and Temple for Porzingis. That one doesn't seem very interesting but maybe I'm expecting too much from trading Porz and ignoring how it can free cap-space for next summer? If NOP added Trey Murphy III, then it might be more interesting, because he looks like a good SF rookie.
SOUNDCHASER
Rookie
Posts: 1,222
And1: 176
Joined: Feb 11, 2013

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1767 » by SOUNDCHASER » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:08 pm

KP is here long term if he turns his game on again. We need to figure out what it would take to get Wall now that he is available. Houston needs youth. We have a lot of rookies and sophmores and we would not need Brunson if we had Wall so might as well throw all that in the deal. I would offer WCS, Powell, Brunson, All the picks and young guys. If needed I would even add THJ and lastly DFS if needed but I say lastly because I want more size at SF and someone who has PF skills that can hit 3's well.
Apz
Starter
Posts: 2,184
And1: 586
Joined: Jan 18, 2019
   

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1768 » by Apz » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:57 pm

SOUNDCHASER wrote:KP is here long term if he turns his game on again. We need to figure out what it would take to get Wall now that he is available. Houston needs youth. We have a lot of rookies and sophmores and we would not need Brunson if we had Wall so might as well throw all that in the deal. I would offer WCS, Powell, Brunson, All the picks and young guys. If needed I would even add THJ and lastly DFS if needed but I say lastly because I want more size at SF and someone who has PF skills that can hit 3's well.


Are u insane? Sorry, i know we arent allowed to tell the truth but seriously?

Wall on vet min, sure i can buy that. Paying to take on wall on 44m/year when we got luka as starting at pg? No way, houston would have to send 3 guarenteed top 10 picks for me to even think about it. He is on a very bad contract, injuries, plays same position as our superstar and on top of that u think we should pay to take it on?
41Dirk41
Junior
Posts: 475
And1: 117
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1769 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:19 pm

Wall salary isn't a problem, we don't have cap space after Luka will sign the supermax.
Time for pursuing FA is gone.

A trade for Wall could be good but it's difficult, we have a lot of scrubs for create a big package... obviously not picks.
DJ_3_Ball wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:DDR to Bulls... Ball-LaVine-DDR-X-Vucevic...not bad.

There's nothing on Twitter about this. Nothing on ESPN. Apparently, 41Dirk41 just knows more than the rest of us.
41Dirk41 has an opinion = the word of God :roll:

DDR Finalizing S&T With Bulls
41Dirk41
Junior
Posts: 475
And1: 117
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1770 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:25 pm

No trade for Wall until next summer. Problemi solved.
DJ_3_Ball wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:DDR to Bulls... Ball-LaVine-DDR-X-Vucevic...not bad.

There's nothing on Twitter about this. Nothing on ESPN. Apparently, 41Dirk41 just knows more than the rest of us.
41Dirk41 has an opinion = the word of God :roll:

DDR Finalizing S&T With Bulls
Maverick41
Junior
Posts: 408
And1: 123
Joined: Dec 26, 2009
 

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1771 » by Maverick41 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:37 pm

LAL1947 wrote:This trade was mentioned in the trades forum: WCS swap with Detroit for Josh Jackson.


I would happy with that trade if that was possible. Yes, Josh is not the smartest guy and will likely be labeled as a bust considering some of the players that were drafted after him but he still has potential. The Mavs need an injection of talent particularly since we'll be operating over the cap for a while now. I'm hoping we take some chances on some young players like him, especially if it only costs very little.
LAL1947
Pro Prospect
Posts: 825
And1: 373
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1772 » by LAL1947 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:56 am

Maverick41 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:This trade was mentioned in the trades forum: WCS swap with Detroit for Josh Jackson.


I would happy with that trade if that was possible. Yes, Josh is not the smartest guy and will likely be labeled as a bust considering some of the players that were drafted after him but he still has potential. The Mavs need an injection of talent particularly since we'll be operating over the cap for a while now. I'm hoping we take some chances on some young players like him, especially if it only costs very little.

I think this too. Take a chance with young players who have some talent/upside, and also fit a need of the team's (in this case, as a big wing). For the #6-10 rotation spots on the roster, hard to find better value @ $4.5m. Anfernee, Sekou and Sims are a few others. Guess we can say they're trying to do similar with Ntilikina too.

These kind of signings shouldn't be kept until later though. What matters is getting these guys in early, so they can start getting reps with the development guys and with Luka/the team.
Apz
Starter
Posts: 2,184
And1: 586
Joined: Jan 18, 2019
   

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1773 » by Apz » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:37 am

So Frank is only 22 still? Can that be correct? Thats like 3 years younger then brunson.

Wish draft age were like 23. Not have guys that havent learned to play the game play in the pro leagues
41Dirk41
Junior
Posts: 475
And1: 117
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1774 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:07 am

Apz wrote:So Frank is only 22 still? Can that be correct? Thats like 3 years younger then brunson.

Wish draft age were like 23. Not have guys that havent learned to play the game play in the pro leagues


Yes, correct. He is one year young than DSJ.

He could be a light version of Dejunte Murray.
DJ_3_Ball wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:DDR to Bulls... Ball-LaVine-DDR-X-Vucevic...not bad.

There's nothing on Twitter about this. Nothing on ESPN. Apparently, 41Dirk41 just knows more than the rest of us.
41Dirk41 has an opinion = the word of God :roll:

DDR Finalizing S&T With Bulls
Bob8
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,595
And1: 1,851
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1775 » by Bob8 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:04 am

Apz wrote:So Frank is only 22 still? Can that be correct? Thats like 3 years younger then brunson.

Wish draft age were like 23. Not have guys that havent learned to play the game play in the pro leagues


He cannot be corrected in good Pg, because he simply is not that, but he can become solid 3&D player with some playmaking ability, because of his great length.
leolozon
Head Coach
Posts: 6,232
And1: 5,806
Joined: Nov 08, 2009

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1776 » by leolozon » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:15 pm

Apz wrote:So Frank is only 22 still? Can that be correct? Thats like 3 years younger then brunson.

Wish draft age were like 23. Not have guys that havent learned to play the game play in the pro leagues


So you wish Luka wasn't drafted yet?

18-19 is fine. If a guy can't play, then just don't play him.
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 8,534
And1: 2,095
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1777 » by Mr B » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:20 pm

Apz wrote:So Frank is only 22 still? Can that be correct? Thats like 3 years younger then brunson.

Wish draft age were like 23. Not have guys that havent learned to play the game play in the pro leagues

Brunson played all 4 years at Villanova. Frank was 19 I believe when he entered the draft.
Bob8
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,595
And1: 1,851
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1778 » by Bob8 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:31 pm

Mr B wrote:
Apz wrote:So Frank is only 22 still? Can that be correct? Thats like 3 years younger then brunson.

Wish draft age were like 23. Not have guys that havent learned to play the game play in the pro leagues

Brunson played all 4 years at Villanova. Frank was 19 I believe when he entered the draft.


18, he's only 7 months older than Luka.
41Dirk41
Junior
Posts: 475
And1: 117
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1779 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:41 pm

Rockets open to trade Gordon....
DJ_3_Ball wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:DDR to Bulls... Ball-LaVine-DDR-X-Vucevic...not bad.

There's nothing on Twitter about this. Nothing on ESPN. Apparently, 41Dirk41 just knows more than the rest of us.
41Dirk41 has an opinion = the word of God :roll:

DDR Finalizing S&T With Bulls
KhalilS
Veteran
Posts: 2,679
And1: 1,572
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1780 » by KhalilS » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:44 pm

I'd send Powell + Burke + Moses Brown for him in heartbeat.

Return to Dallas Mavericks