Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1861 » by LAL1947 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:54 pm

jpengland wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:If it's true, the Mavs should accept quickly. Since NY wants the trade too... it's win-win for both. The Mavs really need trade assets. This returns a FRP, adds 2 SRPs and a project... a very good return for Brunson. If Dallas can also get Jericho Sims through this trade instead of Knox or one of the 2nds (send them Moses in return if needed), that would be great!

Agree.

I like that package for Brunson, with Rick gone i hope we could trade him without problems.

Hi Luka, yeah we are going to trade one of your best teammates for a guy who should be in the G League and a likely 20ish pick two years from now.

... and we'll then use the FRP, SRPs and player along with other players/picks to try and trade for Jonathan Isaac, Jerami Grant, Jaden McDaniels, or Christian Wood, etc instead.

You gotta complete your sentences! Hehe. :P
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#1862 » by Darren » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:24 pm

The Suns is unwilling to pay Ayton the supermax. Could Mavs find a way to grab the new generation big?
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,399

Post#1863 » by gottamakeit » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:13 pm

The bulls with so many playmakers in Lonzo, Lavine, DeRozan, Caruso, and Coby White. I think the odd man out is White.
The bulls are pretty thin upfront. a Kleber for Coby White makes sense for both teams. It'll use up 3 Mil of the trade exception.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,426

Post#1864 » by Mavrelous » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:26 pm

I would try to make it WCS/Burke/2nd for White, Mavs are also very thin at the 4.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,399

Post#1865 » by gottamakeit » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:38 pm

KhalilS wrote:I would try to make it WCS/Burke/2nd for White, Mavs are also very thin at the 4.

With the 4 spot on the Mavs, i was thinking we had it reasonably locked down with Zingus, DFS, and Bullock for spot minutes. But you're right we need at least one "true" 4.

On your trade idea, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat, but are the bulls finding value in this trade?
Burke wouldn't play for them. WCS could earn rotational minutes but not as many/valuable as Coby.
I think WCS/Trey/Josh Green has a better shot of getting done. Green maybe having upside in their eyes.

Btw, if Eugene Omoruyi makes the roster, do you see him more as 3,4, or 5? (i see him in the mold of a PJ Tucker)
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,426

Post#1866 » by Mavrelous » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:51 pm

Omoruyi is a 4 for me, a poor mans Draymond, Coby has been largely a bust compared to his draft position, and the Bulls have very short rotation, WCS is a very good big off the bench, and Burke is good for 10th-11th player, I think the value is fair, I'm also willing to do WCS + Green for Coby White.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
mxr2000
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#1867 » by mxr2000 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:09 am

I would trade burke Boban and Terry for a veteran big that can play some D and can run the court and play pick and eoll, that will help us keep M Brown
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 849

Post#1868 » by Teffer10 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:23 pm

KhalilS wrote:Omoruyi is a 4 for me, a poor mans Draymond, Coby has been largely a bust compared to his draft position, and the Bulls have very short rotation, WCS is a very good big off the bench, and Burke is good for 10th-11th player, I think the value is fair, I'm also willing to do WCS + Green for Coby White.

I'd really like to see what Omoruyi can do for us this season before we go fishing for a PF.
He's about the only player on this team with strength and has some skills to go with it.
If he can do the things he did in PS during the regular season, he might just be our 2021 off-season prize and could fill a void for us.
This team could use a blue-collar garbage man and Omoruyi looks like he has the potential to become a decent one.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#1869 » by DJ_3_Ball » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:24 am

Wow! Marvin Bagley III was a healthy DNP-CD tonight for the Kings. His agent publicly rips the Kings calling it a "case study in mismanagement"

What could the Mavs offer? Is it worth it? Does Bagley even fit here? He's basically Dwight Powell, if he took less shots, but also a better rebounder and somewhat better rim protector. At 22, possibly Bagley develops a 3pt shot. Especially if he found an organization that believed in him just a little.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#1870 » by Apz » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:55 pm

Bigger chance green gets his 3p working, which makes him more valuable. Powell and a bunch of seconds, but kings shouldnt consider that
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#1871 » by Absinthe » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:55 am

Should the Mavs pursue Kyrie? Would you rather have Kyrie for most of the regular season over Porzingis for potentially none of it given his injury history?
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,040

Post#1872 » by Mr B » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:00 am

Absinthe wrote:Should the Mavs pursue Kyrie? Would you rather have Kyrie for most of the regular season over Porzingis for potentially none of it given his injury history?

Right now, absolutely not. His divaness has a chance to have a negative impact on the locker room. Also we’re only 2 games into the season. If we get to 10 games and beyond and they’re still playing bad they you HAVE to consider it.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#1873 » by leolozon » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:01 am

Rubio had a great game. He was basically dumped to Cleveland. He's a really useful player and probably easy to get at the trade deadline. I would rather have Rubio than Dragic.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#1874 » by leolozon » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:04 am

DJ_3_Ball wrote:Wow! Marvin Bagley III was a healthy DNP-CD tonight for the Kings. His agent publicly rips the Kings calling it a "case study in mismanagement"

What could the Mavs offer? Is it worth it? Does Bagley even fit here? He's basically Dwight Powell, if he took less shots, but also a better rebounder and somewhat better rim protector. At 22, possibly Bagley develops a 3pt shot. Especially if he found an organization that believed in him just a little.

No way. He's atrocious on defense. He's a negative out there. Even if you bet that the offense can improve, I doubt that the defense will.
Mr B
RealGM

Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1875 » by Mr B » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:28 am

Marvin Bagley is like Jahlil Okafor with less offense.
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#1876 » by Absinthe » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:29 am

Mr B wrote:
Absinthe wrote:Should the Mavs pursue Kyrie? Would you rather have Kyrie for most of the regular season over Porzingis for potentially none of it given his injury history?

Right now, absolutely not. His divaness has a chance to have a negative impact on the locker room. Also we’re only 2 games into the season. If we get to 10 games and beyond and they’re still playing bad they you HAVE to consider it.

He clearly has behavioral issues but you’d be hard pressed to find a better PG in the league skills wise. I’m not sure what it would take to get him but it has to be considered.
Mr B
RealGM

Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1877 » by Mr B » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:01 am

Absinthe wrote:
Mr B wrote:

He clearly has behavioral issues but you’d be hard pressed to find a better PG in the league skills wise. I’m not sure what it would take to get him but it has to be considered.

As someone who was a huge fan of Kidd the player and someone who rejoiced when they traded for him in 2008 because he was always my favorite player (until Dirk). I find it odd that he hasn’t encouraged Luka to run and push the ball. Although it’s likely that Luka doesn’t like playing that way. Luka is more methodical in the way he plays. As much as I’ve always been against trading for Kyrie he would be a great change of pace player to play along with Luka. They could attack defenses in multiple ways.
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#1878 » by agentofatlas » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:07 am

Mr B wrote:
Absinthe wrote:
Mr B wrote:Right now, absolutely not. His divaness has a chance to have a negative impact on the locker room. Also we’re only 2 games into the season. If we get to 10 games and beyond and they’re still playing bad they you HAVE to consider it.

As someone who was a huge fan of Kidd the player and someone who rejoiced when they traded for him in 2008 because he was always my favorite player (until Dirk). I find it odd that he hasn’t encouraged Luka to run and push the ball. Although it’s likely that Luka doesn’t like playing that way. Luka is more methodical in the way he plays. As much as I’ve always been against trading for Kyrie he would be a great change of pace player to play along with Luka. They could attack defenses in multiple ways.

Yeah Luka has the same pace as Lebron and CP3. He likes that "playoffs" pace. Also he gets kinda sloppy in transition.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#1879 » by arkuo » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:14 am

Mr B wrote:
Absinthe wrote:
Mr B wrote:Right now, absolutely not. His divaness has a chance to have a negative impact on the locker room. Also we’re only 2 games into the season. If we get to 10 games and beyond and they’re still playing bad they you HAVE to consider it.

My guess is he's also trying manage Luka's stamina. Kidd back in the 90s was in better shape and maybe had better genes. If Luka runs and guns at 100% from tip off, he'd go 1 for 9 in the 4th.

I like the idea of having the other guys rough it up for the 1st quarter. Have KP or THJ get some points on the board first, then Luka is pretty fresh for the 2nd half. This is considering they're in control of the game though.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1880 » by Mr B » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:22 am

arkuo wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Absinthe wrote:

My guess is he's also trying manage Luka's stamina. Kidd back in the 90s was in better shape and maybe had better genes. If Luka runs and guns at 100% from tip off, he'd go 1 for 9 in the 4th.

I like the idea of having the other guys rough it up for the 1st quarter. Have KP or THJ get some points on the board first, then Luka is pretty fresh for the 2nd half. This is considering they're in control of the game though.

That wouldn’t be a bad idea. Let Luka be the closer which he should already be. I know it would be a little redundant to try to get Nash here but I’d love to see Luka and KP get proficient in the P&R.

Return to Dallas Mavericks