ImageImageImage

Trade Discussion 21/22

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 8,827
And1: 2,178
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1961 » by Mr B » Tue Nov 2, 2021 5:48 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:Do you mean they'll be traded for each other?

That's not happening IMO, unless Toronto adds quite a lot to Dragic, haha.
Lol not a 1 for 1

I think my trade was:

KP/Powell/Green

For

Siakam/Boucher/Dragic

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app


I don't think Toronto could accept...maybe with Brunson in the mix.

KP/Brunson/Powell

For

Dragic/Siakim/Boucher
mapka
Ballboy
Posts: 5
And1: 1
Joined: Sep 15, 2021
   

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1962 » by mapka » Tue Nov 2, 2021 11:17 am

Mike lorenzo wrote:
deb wrote:
Mike lorenzo wrote:I am not sure why I am disrespecting Luka ... You must not like football very much, you would know that Pep's Barcelona is considered one of the best teams in history ... both in titles achieved and in the beauty of his game with great excitations such as 5-0 and 2-6 against Real Madrid ... and football legends such as Messi or the base of the World and European champion team such as Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Busquets, Pedro, Puyol,Villa...
https://youtu.be/02s6-xx4me0
Sorry to divert the conversation


It's interesting how my thoughts on Barca and Spanish national team differ from yours. To me tiki taka barca domination is the most boring era of soccer ever and is the reason I stopped watching soccer altogether. It's 90% endless midfield boring masturbation, almost like an exhibition game, while the opponent watches said masturbation and can't really do anything. I can appreciate the greatness of what barca achieved and how good they were, but their games were boring as hell to me. It's even worse with Spain. They scored 8 goals in 7 games on their way to 2010 world cup. Unbearable, mindnumbingly boring, I really hated Spanish national team back then, never ever felt as strongly against any team in sports ever.


well, if you don't like the football of Iniesta, Xavi, Messi etc ... I definitely can't convince you of anything .. I am Spanish and played football all my life, and I am really surprised by his point of view ... in my eyes is the most beautiful (and dominant) football that I have seen, pure poetry ... football is not just goals ... the closest thing to Oliver / Benji that I saw


It's not Iniesta or Xavi, it's the "keeping the ball"> everything.
Pep made me stop watching Bayern games. He disassembled the most beautiful Bayern-team ever and cost them another CL-title.
He refused to let them play soccer.
KhalilS
Analyst
Posts: 3,190
And1: 1,950
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1963 » by KhalilS » Tue Nov 2, 2021 11:40 am

Mr B wrote:KP/Brunson/Powell

For

Dragic/Siakim/Boucher


At this stage KP and Powell are horrible contracts, KP got back after long rest to shoot horribly and then sit due to back issues, Powell was never a good defender, but now he's abysmal.
Brunson came back great, but he maybe can offset the negative to neutral (i.e Dragic + Boucher), no way it gives you Siakam.

At this stage I'd trade Powell + Burke + Josh Green + 2 2nd for Favors + Kenrich, at least this gives us some muscles for big physical centers.
taibumu
Ballboy
Posts: 36
And1: 11
Joined: May 04, 2019

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1964 » by taibumu » Tue Nov 2, 2021 12:13 pm

mapka wrote:
Mike lorenzo wrote:
deb wrote:
It's interesting how my thoughts on Barca and Spanish national team differ from yours. To me tiki taka barca domination is the most boring era of soccer ever and is the reason I stopped watching soccer altogether. It's 90% endless midfield boring masturbation, almost like an exhibition game, while the opponent watches said masturbation and can't really do anything. I can appreciate the greatness of what barca achieved and how good they were, but their games were boring as hell to me. It's even worse with Spain. They scored 8 goals in 7 games on their way to 2010 world cup. Unbearable, mindnumbingly boring, I really hated Spanish national team back then, never ever felt as strongly against any team in sports ever.


well, if you don't like the football of Iniesta, Xavi, Messi etc ... I definitely can't convince you of anything .. I am Spanish and played football all my life, and I am really surprised by his point of view ... in my eyes is the most beautiful (and dominant) football that I have seen, pure poetry ... football is not just goals ... the closest thing to Oliver / Benji that I saw


It's not Iniesta or Xavi, it's the "keeping the ball"> everything.
Pep made me stop watching Bayern games. He disassembled the most beautiful Bayern-team ever and cost them another CL-title.
He refused to let them play soccer.
I prefer direct style asswell.
Talking about boring, present NBA is more boring even than this kind of football style. If you see Euroleague regular season there is a huge difference in intensity and group effort, that the reason why some players return to Europe.

Enviado desde mi Mi 10 mediante Tapatalk
LAL1947
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,366
And1: 727
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1965 » by LAL1947 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 12:41 pm

Is there any way the Mavs could trade for Jaylen Brown? Wondering if a deal based around THJ, Brunson, Moses + 1 unprotected FRP might be enough to get the Celtics interested.

Luka/Frank/Burke, Bullock/Sterling, Jaylen/DFS, Porzingis/Kleber, new Center/WCS

A huge pro to getting someone from USA Basketball, like Jaylen, is he could help with future recruiting of players too.
Pinkyring
RealGM
Posts: 10,133
And1: 6,251
Joined: May 28, 2016

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1966 » by Pinkyring » Tue Nov 2, 2021 1:19 pm

arkuo wrote:We have to remember that this year is a contract year for DFS and Jalen Brunson. If Cuban decides to bring tjose two back at $15 to $18M each for 4 years, Doncic is screwed. The same cast for 8 years in a row? Get out.

Something's gotta give. If Nico Harrison is smart, he'll have to use this season to pump their value up and trade them at the deadline. Cant risk having Cuban overpay all his role players and forget that he cant sign superstars yet. You cant bring the carriage ahead of the horse. Build it the right way.

Nobody is giving them 18m thats absurd, dfs is in the 7-9m range and Brunson is 8-11m if we can keep Brunson around9 im ok with it I'd rather not retain dfs and just develop omarugyi
KhalilS
Analyst
Posts: 3,190
And1: 1,950
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1967 » by KhalilS » Tue Nov 2, 2021 1:41 pm

Brunson will get more than 11/yr, NY will pay the full MLE IMO, he'd get 60-70/5y years which is the 12-13 range, DFS should get 35-40/5, paying 50 mil (THJ, Brunson and DFS) for 3 of your top 6 players is totally fine, with Luka's max.
Current cap structure of the Mavs looks grim because of KP/Powell/Burke, 45 million/yr money that isn't getting you 15 even, these are replaced with 2 productive players things will look better.
fuller4379
Analyst
Posts: 3,498
And1: 998
Joined: May 05, 2014

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1968 » by fuller4379 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 2:24 pm

LAL1947 wrote:Is there any way the Mavs could trade for Jaylen Brown? Wondering if a deal based around THJ, Brunson, Moses + 1 unprotected FRP might be enough to get the Celtics interested.

Luka/Frank/Burke, Bullock/Sterling, Jaylen/DFS, Porzingis/Kleber, new Center/WCS

A huge pro to getting someone from USA Basketball, like Jaylen, is he could help with future recruiting of players too.


Not unless you send them Luka. You couldn't trade the rest of the team for Brown.
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 8,827
And1: 2,178
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1969 » by Mr B » Tue Nov 2, 2021 3:12 pm

KhalilS wrote:
Mr B wrote:KP/Brunson/Powell

For

Dragic/Siakim/Boucher


At this stage KP and Powell are horrible contracts, KP got back after long rest to shoot horribly and then sit due to back issues, Powell was never a good defender, but now he's abysmal.
Brunson came back great, but he maybe can offset the negative to neutral (i.e Dragic + Boucher), no way it gives you Siakam.

At this stage I'd trade Powell + Burke + Josh Green + 2 2nd for Favors + Kenrich, at least this gives us some muscles for big physical centers.

Siakim’s value is not exactly high either. I’m not even sure he still wants to play there. I’m not saying this is the perfect trade but I really don’t see the value as being that far off. Siakim has 1 more year on his contract than KP at about the same money. Maybe Dallas would have to include a draft pick. It the value is really not that far off.
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 8,827
And1: 2,178
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1970 » by Mr B » Tue Nov 2, 2021 3:13 pm

KhalilS wrote:Brunson will get more than 11/yr, NY will pay the full MLE IMO, he'd get 60-70/5y years which is the 12-13 range, DFS should get 35-40/5, paying 50 mil (THJ, Brunson and DFS) for 3 of your top 6 players is totally fine, with Luka's max.
Current cap structure of the Mavs looks grim because of KP/Powell/Burke, 45 million/yr money that isn't getting you 15 even, these are replaced with 2 productive players things will look better.

All of those contracts come off the books within 2 years though right?
41Dirk41
Pro Prospect
Posts: 809
And1: 182
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1971 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 3:14 pm

KhalilS wrote:Brunson will get more than 11/yr, NY will pay the full MLE IMO, he'd get 60-70/5y years which is the 12-13 range, DFS should get 35-40/5, paying 50 mil (THJ, Brunson and DFS) for 3 of your top 6 players is totally fine, with Luka's max.
Current cap structure of the Mavs looks grim because of KP/Powell/Burke, 45 million/yr money that isn't getting you 15 even, these are replaced with 2 productive players things will look better.


Trade both of them at the TDL.
KhalilS
Analyst
Posts: 3,190
And1: 1,950
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1972 » by KhalilS » Tue Nov 2, 2021 3:19 pm

Mr B wrote:
KhalilS wrote:Brunson will get more than 11/yr, NY will pay the full MLE IMO, he'd get 60-70/5y years which is the 12-13 range, DFS should get 35-40/5, paying 50 mil (THJ, Brunson and DFS) for 3 of your top 6 players is totally fine, with Luka's max.
Current cap structure of the Mavs looks grim because of KP/Powell/Burke, 45 million/yr money that isn't getting you 15 even, these are replaced with 2 productive players things will look better.

All of those contracts come off the books within 2 years though right?

Powell and Burke are expiring next year and could be traded (with Brown and boban who will also be expiring) for a good player, KP will take 1 more year.
LAL1947
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,366
And1: 727
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1973 » by LAL1947 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 2:08 am

Mike lorenzo wrote:I've been reading some notes on the Internet (on Knicks sites) and they talk about how Leon Rose seems to have a pretty strong bond with the Brunson family and I would love that Jalen was part of them ... They even proposed some commercial scenarios ... They seemed very interesting ... I like Jalen a lot, but I think that in Dallas it will be "wasted" .. it will only be a backup .. The offer was ...

Dallas 23 + 2 seconds + Knox for Brunson ..
taking into account, that Jalen expires and that it is a NY site ... not bad.
We would quickly have to go out in search of a replacement ... maybe not as good as Brunson (, but there are many backup guards that may be available) ..
Recovering our selection would give us a lot of flexibility and would put us in a very good commercial situation ...

I would just like to know what you think?

I remembered this post you made awhile back, and looked it up to see too. Apparently, Jalen Brunson's dad was Leon Rose's first client, so there was definitely interest in bringing Brunson to NY. Don't know what the Knicks will offer now, as they have Kemba and Rose. If the Mavs can get a bit of overpay out of NY for Brunson, they should do it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/no-knicks-dallas-mavs-jalen-brunson-contract-not-what-new-york-thinks/ar-AALubZC

This article linked above suggests a Mitchell Robinson for Brunson swap. With the benefit of hindsight, it's a pity the Mavs didn't explore this before Lauri Markkanen was traded... as they could have then tried replacing KP with Lauri too. The fit with Lauri/Kleber at PF and Robinson at Center would have been good IMO.
Apz
Starter
Posts: 2,477
And1: 684
Joined: Jan 18, 2019
   

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1974 » by Apz » Wed Nov 3, 2021 2:21 am

LAL1947 wrote:
Mike lorenzo wrote:I've been reading some notes on the Internet (on Knicks sites) and they talk about how Leon Rose seems to have a pretty strong bond with the Brunson family and I would love that Jalen was part of them ... They even proposed some commercial scenarios ... They seemed very interesting ... I like Jalen a lot, but I think that in Dallas it will be "wasted" .. it will only be a backup .. The offer was ...

Dallas 23 + 2 seconds + Knox for Brunson ..
taking into account, that Jalen expires and that it is a NY site ... not bad.
We would quickly have to go out in search of a replacement ... maybe not as good as Brunson (, but there are many backup guards that may be available) ..
Recovering our selection would give us a lot of flexibility and would put us in a very good commercial situation ...

I would just like to know what you think?

I remembered this post you made awhile back, and looked it up to see too. Apparently, Jalen's dad was Leon Rose's first client, so there was definitely interest in bringing Brunson to NY. Don't know what the Knicks will offer now, as they have Kemba and Rose at PG. If the Mavs can get a bit of overpay out of NY for Brunson, they should do it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/no-knicks-dallas-mavs-jalen-brunson-contract-not-what-new-york-thinks/ar-AALubZC

This article linked above suggests a Mitchell Robinson for Brunson swap. With the benefit of hindsight, it's a pity the Mavs didn't explore this before Lauri Markkanen was traded... as they could have tried replacing KP for Lauri too. The fit with Lauri/Kleber at PF and Robinson at Center would have been good IMO.


So getting another injury prone center and getting rid of 1 of few players that been good?
LAL1947
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,366
And1: 727
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1975 » by LAL1947 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 2:22 am

Apz wrote:So getting another injury prone center and getting rid of 1 of few players that been good?

That's a simplistic way of looking at what I wrote above, no? Anyway, you gonna win many rings with a 5'11"-6'0" Brunson as your 2nd-3rd most skilled player on the ball? Good luck with that.
Apz
Starter
Posts: 2,477
And1: 684
Joined: Jan 18, 2019
   

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1976 » by Apz » Wed Nov 3, 2021 2:24 am

LAL1947 wrote:
Apz wrote:So getting another injury prone center and getting rid of 1 of few players that been good?

That's a simplistic way of looking at everything I wrote above, no? Anyway, you gonna win many rings with a 5'11"-6'0" Brunson as your 2nd-3rd most skilled player on the ball? Good luck with that.


Well, probably not. But having robinson on the injurylist will be worse
LAL1947
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,366
And1: 727
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1977 » by LAL1947 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 2:27 am

Apz wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Apz wrote:So getting another injury prone center and getting rid of 1 of few players that been good?

That's a simplistic way of looking at everything I wrote above, no? Anyway, you gonna win many rings with a 5'11"-6'0" Brunson as your 2nd-3rd most skilled player on the ball? Good luck with that.


Well, probably not. But having robinson on the injurylist will be worse

That's true. As Robinson has had injuries, I'd personally prefer getting the 2023 pick back + Jericho Sims + ?.

Anyway, the point of bringing up that old post was to say there seems to be actual interest in Brunson from the Knicks/Leon. So I hope the Mavs are exploring (or have explored) this opportunity, to see what they can get out it.
Apz
Starter
Posts: 2,477
And1: 684
Joined: Jan 18, 2019
   

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1978 » by Apz » Wed Nov 3, 2021 3:35 am

LAL1947 wrote:
Apz wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:That's a simplistic way of looking at everything I wrote above, no? Anyway, you gonna win many rings with a 5'11"-6'0" Brunson as your 2nd-3rd most skilled player on the ball? Good luck with that.


Well, probably not. But having robinson on the injurylist will be worse

That's true. As Robinson has had injuries, I'd personally prefer getting the 2023 pick back + Jericho Sims + ?.

Anyway, the point of bringing up that old post was to say there seems to be actual interest in Brunson from the Knicks/Leon. So I hope the Mavs are exploring (or have explored) this opportunity, to see what they can get out it.


Yeah , i said last season already that i would do jb to get that pick back so we could trade for something big if it comes up
LAL1947
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,366
And1: 727
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1979 » by LAL1947 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 5:08 am

Just wondering out loud...

1) Rui hasn't been seen in action for a bit. It's being speculated on the general board it might be vaccine related.
2) The officiating has been trying to reduce flopping and allowing more physicality too.

Rui might benefit a lot more than others from the changes in officiating because of his style of play, which is more old-school... and would be a good pick up, if he can be gotten for cheap because of his unavailability for the Wizards thus far. Adding him to the starting 5 will improve the scoring and defense of the team.

The question is what would it take to get the Wizards to part with him?
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 8,827
And1: 2,178
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#1980 » by Mr B » Wed Nov 3, 2021 5:12 am

LAL1947 wrote:Just wondering out loud...

1) Rui hasn't been seen in action for a bit. It's being speculated on the general board it might be vaccine related.
2) The officiating has been trying to reduce flopping and allowing more physicality too.

Rui might benefit a lot more than others from the changes in officiating because of his style of play, which is more old-school... and would be a good pick up, if he can be gotten for cheap because of his unavailability for the Wizards thus far. Adding him to the starting 5 will improve the scoring and defense of the team.

The question is what would it take to get the Wizards to part with him?

Who is Rui?

Return to Dallas Mavericks