ImageImageImage

Trade Discussion 22/23

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,385

Re: Trade Discussion 21/22 

Post#3961 » by dygaction » Fri May 13, 2022 8:02 am

Ayton to Suns is not nearly as important and Luka can feed him with lobs all day long until full, but it is almost impossible to make a deal with the Suns unless they decide to rebuild..
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,853

Post#3962 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri May 13, 2022 8:11 am

Suns will never trade Ayton to Mavs, i'm ok with Turner,Gobert or Capela.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,609

Post#3963 » by Mavrelous » Fri May 13, 2022 8:12 am

dygaction wrote:Ayton to Suns is not nearly as important and Luka can feed him with lobs all day long until full, but it is almost impossible to make a deal with the Suns unless they decide to rebuild..

It's impossible to do any S&T deal for the Mavs, they are hardcapped, only already signed players are relevant.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#3964 » by Michaellam1987 » Fri May 13, 2022 9:43 am

41Dirk41 wrote:Suns will never trade Ayton to Mavs, i'm ok with Turner,Gobert or Capela.

Turner is the best option, who is an upgrade version of combination on what is brought by Maxi & Dwight, and is younger under a reasonable contract. The only problem is that DAL has not enough asset to acquire him.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#3965 » by Mike lorenzo » Fri May 13, 2022 10:07 am

Michaellam1987 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:Suns will never trade Ayton to Mavs, i'm ok with Turner,Gobert or Capela.

Turner is the best option, who is an upgrade version of combination on what is brought by Maxi & Dwight, and is younger under a reasonable contract. The only problem is that DAL has not enough asset to acquire him.

ami reminds me more of KP..he misses a ton of games and he's not a good rebounder for his size or a standout rim runner..his screens don't stand out either..he's the best blocker in the NBA, but I'm not sure either be an excellent defender
1+1=11
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,609

Post#3966 » by Mavrelous » Fri May 13, 2022 10:08 am

Michaellam1987 wrote:

He shouldn't be that expensive, he also may push for the trade himself, Indy won't compete next year, he's injury prune, and he would want a scenario where he can shine to get his payday.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#3967 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri May 13, 2022 10:57 am

KhalilS wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:

He shouldn't be that expensive, he also may push for the trade himself, Indy won't compete next year, he's injury prune, and he would want a scenario where he can shine to get his payday.

Dallas is on the map now. Maybe someone could force a trade here :wink:
Michaellam1987
Rookie

Post#3968 » by Michaellam1987 » Sat May 14, 2022 3:32 am

KhalilS wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:

He is the type of player that so many potential playoff teams would want his service, such as LAL/TOR/CHA/BKN/GSW........ In term of trade assets, we are not in the position to get him, unless we are willing to surrender at least 2 of our unprotected first round pick. The only case we can get him, is due to his expiring contract status and he told IND that he wants to go to DAL, and wont resign in any other trade destination.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 827

Post#3969 » by Darren » Sat May 14, 2022 4:21 am

Michaellam1987 wrote:

I think Indiana is not too keen to move Turner with Sabonis gone. And yes, the Mavs doesn't have much to offer with.
Darren
RealGM

Post#3970 » by Darren » Sat May 14, 2022 4:23 am

The Mavs needs an upgrade over Powell rather badly. A more physical and athletic one with shooting range. That's mean it is likely either underrated FA or train from within after draft day. With the pieces available, I don't believe the Mavs can find any outside of Gobert. But is Gobert the right big worth investing so much on?
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,923

Post#3971 » by arkuo » Sat May 14, 2022 10:09 am

Best case scenario is Zach Lavine opts out of Chicago and requests a sign and trade to Dallas himself. That way you get Luka a legit number 2 guy. Very slim chance of happening, slim to none. But that is the only way you get all star talent now that the team is over the cap.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#3972 » by arkuo » Sat May 14, 2022 10:29 am

Let's say the Knicks are looking to rebuild, there are 29 other teams in the NBA and not a single one is willing to touch Julius Randle. If the Knicks are willing to part with RJ Barrett and Alec Burks for Brunson, does Dallas agree to send expiring contracts Powell and Kleber for Randle? They need to give something to big value to A) Get Brunson and B) Get rid of Randle's big 4 year deal at the same time. Barrett is the price to pay IMO.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#3973 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat May 14, 2022 1:30 pm

RJ is their only good player, i don't think they will trade him for dumping Randle. It's a no sense.

But i would agree :wink:
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,997

Post#3974 » by Apz » Sat May 14, 2022 2:58 pm

Michaellam1987 wrote:
KhalilS wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:

He is the type of player that so many potential playoff teams would want his service, such as LAL/TOR/CHA/BKN/GSW........ In term of trade assets, we are not in the position to get him, unless we are willing to surrender at least 2 of our unprotected first round pick. The only case we can get him, is due to his expiring contract status and he told IND that he wants to go to DAL, and wont resign in any other trade destination.

Wouldnt give 1 unprotected 1st for turner. Overvalued on these boards. This years first, not more. He is expiring and want to get payed.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#3975 » by arkuo » Sat May 14, 2022 4:16 pm

Michaellam1987 wrote:
KhalilS wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:

Indiana is said to be shopping Brogdon and is looking for a secondary ball handler for Haliburton instead. They want Haliburton to take the driver's seat. I think Dinwiddie plus an unprotected first should do it.

In terms of wanting to go to Dallas, Turner and Luka share the same agent - Bill Duffy. Which means backdoor communication can be in play. It's how the NBA works, it's not tampering if players do it. Surprise surprise. In terms of motivation, Duffy has a lot to earn in sponsorships and endorsements if Luka wins more playoff games. So you'd want to be there with Doncic in Big D rather than waste your time in the corn fields of Indiana - if the money were the same IMO.
Michaellam1987
Rookie

Post#3976 » by Michaellam1987 » Sat May 14, 2022 5:59 pm

arkuo wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:
KhalilS wrote:

Indiana is said to be shopping Brogdon and is looking for a secondary ball handler for Haliburton instead. They want Haliburton to take the driver's seat. I think Dinwiddie plus an unprotected first should do it.

In terms of wanting to go to Dallas, Turner and Luka share the same agent - Bill Duffy. Which means backdoor communication can be in play. It's how the NBA works, it's not tampering if players do it. Surprise surprise. In terms of motivation, Duffy has a lot to earn in sponsorships and endorsements if Luka wins more playoff games. So you'd want to be there with Doncic in Big D rather than waste your time in the corn fields of Indiana - if the money were the same IMO.

Dinwiddie's inconsistent performance together with his large and long contract, IMO, is at most of netural value if not slightly negative, many team can bit the trade package of Dinwiddie + 1st round pick. Of course, if somehow Turner force his way to DAL, it could be possible for DAL to acquire him. But it remains unlikely. Honestly, if we look at DAL's roster, exclude untourchable core, Luka/JB/DFS/Bullock/Maxi, we have absolutely nothing to offer, besides 1st round picks and expiring contracts, plus tons of negative value contracts.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#3977 » by arkuo » Sat May 14, 2022 6:26 pm

Michaellam1987 wrote:
arkuo wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:

Dinwiddie's inconsistent performance together with his large and long contract, IMO, is at most of netural value if not slightly negative, many team can bit the trade package of Dinwiddie + 1st round pick. Of course, if somehow Turner force his way to DAL, it could be possible for DAL to acquire him. But it remains unlikely. Honestly, if we look at DAL's roster, exclude untourchable core, Luka/JB/DFS/Bullock/Maxi, we have absolutely nothing to offer, besides 1st round picks and expiring contracts, plus tons of negative value contracts.

I sure hope so. Out of all NBA big men right now that are available, Turner seems to be the only one who can work with Luka in terms of setting a screen then knocking a 3. Not even Capela can do that right now. Vucevic can do that, but he can't play D like Turner. He really seems to fit the bill. Him being able to leak out and shoot a 3 changes the whole team dynamic. Suddenly you have a true 5-out offense.
Darren
RealGM

Post#3978 » by Darren » Sun May 15, 2022 12:52 am

I am okay with Biyombo but will make Maxi starter due to spacing. Draft a big.
Darren
RealGM

Post#3979 » by Darren » Sun May 15, 2022 12:58 am

The Mavs was reportedly interested in Dillion Brooks. I am kinda impressed with the nastiness Dillion demonstrated in playoff. But I like that passion and attitude on court if suspension could be avoided.
Darren
RealGM

Post#3980 » by Darren » Sun May 15, 2022 1:05 am

Ageing players underperformed in PO, e.g. Harden, Curry, KD, Green etc. I think the Mavs should get more physical and competitve players to round up with roster

Return to Dallas Mavericks