dirkforpres
General Manager
And1: 4,181

Re: Around the NBA Discussion (20/21) 

Post#101 » by dirkforpres » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:51 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
arkuo wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Let’s hope not. Green and Terry are years away from having any sort of impact on a game.

We have to understand that they have a Luka type of a jump in performance before Carlisle plays them meaningful minutes. Carlisle doesn't play of develop rookies. He's not that type of coach. He needs finished products or vets who already knows what he wants before they can see floor time. He's just a different type of coach. Billy Donovan, Scott Brooks, those have longer leashes for developing youth. Carlisle has a reputation in the league where he is at the ear of Jason Kidd for every play one season. Yes, 18 year veteran Jason Kidd needed micromanaging. They were laughing at him in one episode of The Jump in ESPN. I think they were wishing Isiah Roby good luck under Carlisle because of that.

Imagine if we drafted Siddique Bey as almost every single person (fan, announcer, commentator) outside of Nelson/Cuban/Carlisle would have.

Or Precious Achiuwa. Mavs have sucked at drafting for a long time now outside of 2018
FIRE RICK CARLISLE
daoneandonly
General Manager
And1: 1,476

Post#102 » by daoneandonly » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:39 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
arkuo wrote:

We have to understand that they have a Luka type of a jump in performance before Carlisle plays them meaningful minutes. Carlisle doesn't play of develop rookies. He's not that type of coach. He needs finished products or vets who already knows what he wants before they can see floor time. He's just a different type of coach. Billy Donovan, Scott Brooks, those have longer leashes for developing youth. Carlisle has a reputation in the league where he is at the ear of Jason Kidd for every play one season. Yes, 18 year veteran Jason Kidd needed micromanaging. They were laughing at him in one episode of The Jump in ESPN. I think they were wishing Isiah Roby good luck under Carlisle because of that.

Imagine if we drafted Siddique Bey as almost every single person (fan, announcer, commentator) outside of Nelson/Cuban/Carlisle would have.

Or Precious Achiuwa. Mavs have sucked at drafting for a long time now outside of 2018

I think its more of outside of European players. 2018 2nd round, we could have drafted Gary trent Jr who fit a definite need and who's father played here, but we drafted another PG to add to Luka, DSJ, Barea, Harris, and at the time, Yogi.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 3,578

Post#103 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:35 am

Seth Curry test positive for covid and was removed during the game vs Brooklyn tonight. This could cause some problems.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
arkuo
Lead Assistant
And1: 652

Post#104 » by arkuo » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:55 am

Shake Milton scored 31 and 7 in a win against the Heat. We drafted the guy and traded him immediately for Ray Spalding and Kostas Antetokoumpo. SMH

Donnie is the type of GM to draft Sam Bowie for 10 years straight even if Jordan was still on board. The guy has too much capital and job security. Hence the lack of accountability.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#105 » by HMFFL » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:54 pm

arkuo wrote:Shake Milton scored 31 and 7 in a win against the Heat. We drafted the guy and traded him immediately for Ray Spalding and Kostas Antetokoumpo. SMH

Donnie is the type of GM to draft Sam Bowie for 10 years straight even if Jordan was still on board. The guy has too much capital and job security. Hence the lack of accountability.
I willl keep an eye on him. He seems to be a very good scorer so I hope he continues to develop.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#106 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:44 pm

The average NBA franchise is worth nearly $2.4 billion, according to data compiled by Sportico. That is down 2% as a direct result of the pandemic, based on our modeling. Collectively, the fair-market value of the NBA’s 30 teams, including ownership’s stakes in real estate, regional sports networks and additional team-related holdings, is more than $71 billion. Three franchises—the New York Knicks, Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Lakers—are each worth more than $5 billion. (For context, each of those teams has a greater fair-market value than any National Football League team except for the Dallas Cowboys, based on Sportico‘s assessment of football team valuations last August.)

– via Peter J. Schwartz @ Sportico

Return to Dallas Mavericks