ImageImageImage

Would Rudy Gobert Fit On This Team?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Re: Would Rudy Gobert Fit On This Team? 

Post#21 » by agentofatlas » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:44 am

Committing a big chunk of the cap to a center is probably a bad idea. Rather we invest on multi positional players or players who can create.
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#22 » by SOUNDCHASER » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:18 am

I just hope we can find a great 3rd piece among the guys we have already. I want to focus on that first then when we can see what we have so we can go shopping later on.

Injuries can still happen and make us develop new needs

JRich is looking good ditto certain rookies as well. WCS is looking like a guy who could experience a major breakthrough as well.

Boban was awesome again out there babysitting all the rookies.

Trading Powell is a great idea if WCS develops into a deep threat and a very mobile 5 so we only need to play Powell so we can get his value up and trade him for another asset that we can combine to get a pick or an expiring so I will hope he is able to hit some 3's sometime before the TDL.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Post#23 » by Mr B » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:00 am

SOUNDCHASER wrote:
Apz wrote:Would take Green if they throw in Minnesotas 1st and take back powell.

No I really dont want him, but an overpay is an overpay.

Oh hell yeah I do that deal and in fact I would do it straight up for Powell just to get rid of Powell. But I would prefer to get someone younger so yeah that 1st would be good to take back as well.

Would GSW do it? not in your wildest dreams but damn it we can still dream. :D

No way they would want Powell. If they were willing to trade Draymond it would only be for expiring contracts. They NEED cap relief not long term contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#24 » by Apz » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:17 am

It was not serious. He is cooked. Worst thing is, he is one of ghose that cant see it himself . Like that woman at the pub that thinks shd is 25 but in reality is 45 and looks like she been dried in the sun last 10 of those. It wojld be hell to bench him
Mr B
RealGM

Post#25 » by Mr B » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:25 am

Apz wrote:It was not serious. He is cooked. Worst thing is, he is one of ghose that cant see it himself . Like that woman at the pub that thinks shd is 25 but in reality is 45 and looks like she been dried in the sun last 10 of those. It wojld be hell to bench him

Draymond is only 30 and would add a championship pedigree. He’d be a perfect fit at PF.

Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#26 » by Apz » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:00 am

Age doesng matter, when youf dond your done. Ask nic batum. He has been going dosnhill for awhile but playing wigh 3 allstars been hiding it to some extent. Last season without them he couldnt hide it anymore. Even steph looked kinda underwhelming tonight. GSW is not making the playin this year
Mr B
RealGM

Post#27 » by Mr B » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:41 pm

Apz wrote:Age doesng matter, when youf dond your done. Ask nic batum. He has been going dosnhill for awhile but playing wigh 3 allstars been hiding it to some extent. Last season without them he couldnt hide it anymore. Even steph looked kinda underwhelming tonight. GSW is not making the playin this year

I think that had more to do with the team sucking than Dray being washed up.

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#28 » by arkuo » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:18 pm

For the price it would take to bring in Gobert, I'd like to get a better fitting piece. John Collins or Jonathan Isaac would fit better, are both younger, the latter having a better 3 point shot than Rudy. Isaac can defend both forward spots very well. And in a conference that has AD and Kawhi, that is very useful.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#29 » by arkuo » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:22 pm

The game has changed. And it's a team with offense that wins most games today. My take is you'll go further today with John Collin's 20-10 60% TS. Rudy is also older. Just my two cents.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#30 » by ejs78 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:06 pm

Id rather have both over Gobert, but the RFA game is never fun.
arkuo wrote:For the price it would take to bring in Gobert, I'd like to get a better fitting piece. John Collins or Jonathan Isaac would fit better, are both younger, the latter having a better 3 point shot than Rudy. Isaac can defend both forward spots very well. And in a conference that has AD and Kawhi, that is very useful.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#31 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:32 pm

I think the Mavs could better use the money elsewhere. If Blake Griffin opts-out, then they should consider signing him.
I think he opts-in though.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#32 » by HMFFL » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:48 pm

Rudy has agreed to a 5yr extension.

Bobby Marks: Five biggest contracts in NBA history. 1.Giannis Antetokounmpo- $228M. 2.Russell Westbrook-$207M. 3.Rudy Gobert- $205M. 4.Steph Curry- $201M. 5.Anthony Davis- $190M. 5.Klay Thompson- $190M.

– via Twitter BobbyMarks42

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Dallas Mavericks