ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Hornets - Revenge Game (Jan 3, 7EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Hornets - Revenge Game (Jan 3, 7EST) 

Post#41 » by JD45 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:04 am

Archx wrote:Man, if Josh Green keeps developing like this, adds a steady 3pt shot... Mavs might have found a gem. Incredible energy and hustle from him tonight.

He is showing flashes. His bad plays seem like the kind that will resolve themselves with experience. His good plays are NBA starter level.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#42 » by Pinkyring » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:14 am

Idk why rick is so adverse to playing rookies, no reason ieandu should be getting more minutes than green
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#43 » by aggerrard » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:16 am

Pinkyring wrote:Idk why rick is so adverse to playing rookies, no reason ieandu should be getting more minutes than green

Iwundu is the worst offensive player i've watched in a long time.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,856

Post#44 » by dirkules_41 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:17 am

aggerrard wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Solid Green game

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Yeah. Obv. very raw, but he is going 100%

Athleticism is definitely as described too, the way he was crashing the offensive board was impressive.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#45 » by ejs78 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:19 am

It will be interesting to see what the starting lineup will be when everyone is healthy.

Id like
WCS
KP
Green cuz I eventually think he'll be better offensively then DFS to offset WCS
Richardson
Luka

JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#46 » by JD45 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:19 am

Josh Green had the best +/- rating at 17. He wasn't hurting the Mavs when he was in there. It very encouraging.

WCS with 14 rebounds, 3 blocks and a steal. Made both of his shots as well. He is a very valuable rotation player.

Maybe Luka's shooting problems were just his conditioning. He was good from every spot tonight.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,856

Post#47 » by dirkules_41 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:23 am

ejs78 wrote:It will be interesting to see what the starting lineup will be when everyone is healthy.

Id like
WCS
KP
Richardson
Luka

Would love to see that too, length and defensive energy and skill would be insane. Offensively any lineup with Luka and KP will be elite anyway.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,814

Post#48 » by dirkforpres » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:24 am

Green’s intensity made great use of his minutes... wish Tyrell Terry had done the same.

Great revenge game all around. I can’t wait for Luka and KP to be in playoff form
FIRE JASON KIDD
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#49 » by Archx » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:25 am

ejs78 wrote:It will be interesting to see what the starting lineup will be when everyone is healthy.

Id like
WCS
KP
Richardson
Luka

Maxi is a lot better defender than WCS, can guard multiple positions and protect the rim. WCS has long arms though. And DFS is still miles ahead of Green who has to chain multiple good games together to show us that he can do this on a regular basis.

DFS, KP, Maxi, Jrich, Luka is in my opinion the best and the most versatile group for offense and defense. Specially with Luka looking like a DPOY at the moment, this team can do some serious damage if everyone is healthy and ready to play.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#50 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:35 am

Good game and it's nice to have KP back.

Charlotte has a great deal of young talent but they also don't shoot well.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#51 » by SOUNDCHASER » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:06 am

Nice to have options here with KP back. Boban filled in stats even though some dislike his game and he was third in + /- with a plus 13. WCS monster performance with 14 rebounds made an impression on me. With Kleber and Powell back they may be looking at less play time when the coach gets to see what we are doing with the bigs we have in there now.

I say KP gets starter minutes managed of course and then WCS and Boban at the 5 is a solid big man rotation. Kleber is good on 3 and D duty when KP is out and Powell he is looking like the odd man out.

Green was inspiring and a potential 2 way talent that we need to see more of. However Richardson will be back so he needs to show us more while he can.

Iwundu was crap so hopefully Rick finds Green more minutes and maybe we can see what Bey and Hinton are learning to do, Iwundu needs to recover from his shooting woes if he has any hope of playing in the league long term, effort on defense alone is not enough.

Johnson had a solid effort 2 steals 2 assists and 3 freaking blocks. Definitely did the doity woik, love his game.

Burke had a bad game but surely he will bounce back in our next game to be the sparkplug scorer we know he can be.

THJ was consistent in scoring and showed us he is a third scorer we need.

First game back KP looked better than I thought he would. Weak on the boards a bit but with Luka and WCS out there ruling the boards it did not seem to matter.

LUKA was magic and on fire and tore it up 1 assist away from a triple double.

MAVS reach 600 and Bucks are next on the radar.
aggerrard
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#52 » by aggerrard » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:17 am

SOUNDCHASER wrote:Iwundu was crap so hopefully Rick finds Green more minutes and maybe we can see what Bey and Hinton are learning to do, Iwundu needs to recover from his shooting woes if he has any hope of playing in the league long term, effort on defense alone is not enough.

Bey was Pac-12 defensive player of the year. He can't be worse than Iwundu on offense and should be to hold his own on defense. Same goes for Hinton.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#53 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:27 am

aggerrard wrote:
SOUNDCHASER wrote:Iwundu was crap so hopefully Rick finds Green more minutes and maybe we can see what Bey and Hinton are learning to do, Iwundu needs to recover from his shooting woes if he has any hope of playing in the league long term, effort on defense alone is not enough.

Bey was Pac-12 defensive player of the year. He can't be worse than Iwundu on offense and should be to hold his own on defense. Same goes for Hinton.

I think Bey’s problem is he just plays too sloppy right now. I think he will likely progress like DFS did, same goes for Hinton. Give them a couple of seasons and a couple of Summer Leagues and they’ll end up at least as impactful as DFS or Maxi Kleber. I hope the same for Terry (improve like Curry did) but I don’t know. He really needs to put on some weight and right now he looks totally overwhelmed when he’s on the court. He had trouble just getting the ball in bounds tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,391

Post#54 » by gottamakeit » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:05 am

aggerrard wrote:

Bey matched up mostly against the opposing bigs in college. He's now being asked to guard perimeter players. I doubt he's ready to defend NBA perimeter players at a high level. I say all that, but i'm still in favor of giving all of Iwundu's minutes to Bey to speed along his development.
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#55 » by XTraderXL » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:56 am

This team when healthy and Luka in shape is top 2 team in the West. KP was encouraging, Luka is trending up and can still be way better and they still didnt fully incorporate Richardson. When everything clicks, they will be on Lakers level. I would still favor the Lakers but Dallas would have at least a chance. KP adds another dimension to this team and they arent really playing good on offense yet.

Return to Dallas Mavericks