Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Bulls (3PM EST) 

Post#81 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:45 pm

Toronto today for the back to back.
Yesterday was suppose to be the easier of the two games we shall see how we perform today.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#82 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:26 pm

Doncic had 36 points, 16 rebounds and 15 assists to post the 29th triple-double of his career, breaking a tie with Michael Jordan to move into 15th on the league’s all-time list. However, Doncic blamed himself for the loss, suggesting that he got caught up with his statistics after a spectacular first half. “The second half, I played terrible,” Doncic said. “That’s on me, that game. I was being selfish a little bit because I had 30 points in the first half. That wasn’t me in the second half. I’ve got to do way better in the second half. That’s just on me. I’ve got to do way better.”

– via Tim MacMahon @ ESPN

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#83 » by Bob8 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:30 pm

HMFFL wrote:Doncic had 36 points, 16 rebounds and 15 assists to post the 29th triple-double of his career, breaking a tie with Michael Jordan to move into 15th on the league’s all-time list. However, Doncic blamed himself for the loss, suggesting that he got caught up with his statistics after a spectacular first half. “The second half, I played terrible,” Doncic said. “That’s on me, that game. I was being selfish a little bit because I had 30 points in the first half. That wasn’t me in the second half. I’ve got to do way better in the second half. That’s just on me. I’ve got to do way better.”

I don't understand that comment from Luka. He might shoot bad in second half, but taking 11 shots don't look selfish to me, if anything he was much more selfish in first half.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#84 » by arkuo » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:45 pm

Bob8 wrote:
HMFFL wrote:Doncic had 36 points, 16 rebounds and 15 assists to post the 29th triple-double of his career, breaking a tie with Michael Jordan to move into 15th on the league’s all-time list. However, Doncic blamed himself for the loss, suggesting that he got caught up with his statistics after a spectacular first half. “The second half, I played terrible,” Doncic said. “That’s on me, that game. I was being selfish a little bit because I had 30 points in the first half. That wasn’t me in the second half. I’ve got to do way better in the second half. That’s just on me. I’ve got to do way better.”

I don't understand that comment from Luka. He might shoot bad in second half, but taking 11 shots don't look selfish to me, if anything he was much more selfish in first half.

It means he understands that he has to do more for his team and less on stat padding. Scoring 30 in the 1st half, thinking he can mathematically end the game with 60. But if you get your teammates involved instead, you make everyone effective. Nobody cares about his triple doubles at this point in a loss anymore. Julius Randle can produce similar numbers this season, check out his stats, I'll take the win over stats any day, and Im sure Luka would too.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,555

Post#85 » by jpengland » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:46 pm

Bob8 wrote:

He's a leader. He's shouldering all of the blame. Focus off the rookies and other guys.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#86 » by Bob8 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:57 pm

arkuo wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

It means he understands that he has to do more for his team and less on stat padding. Scoring 30 in the 1st half, thinking he can mathematically end the game with 60. But if you get your teammates involved instead, you make everyone effective. Nobody cares about his triple doubles at this point in a loss anymore. Julius Randle can produce similar numbers this season, check out his stats, I'll take the win over stats any day, and Im sure Luka would too.

I understand that, but he was shooting way less in second half and tried to involve everyone. He had 8 assists in second half, which is fantastic number knowing how difficult they scored. It was second Q when he was selfish not second half. Problem in second half was his shooting not his selfishness. 11 shots in second half really isn't that much knowing which players played with him.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#87 » by Bob8 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:15 pm

jpengland wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

He's a leader. He's shouldering all of the blame. Focus off the rookies and other guys.

I agree he has to take the blame on him. He couldn't hit anything in second half. I'm just surprised with comment about selfishness. Terrible shooting ok, but he was far from selfish in second half.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#88 » by Apz » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:38 pm

He couldnt do more really. No matter hie many times he set up his teammated they just coulfnt score

Return to Dallas Mavericks