ImageImageImage

Do you want to retain Richardson or THJ if so how much?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Do you want to retain Richardson or THJ if so how much? 

Post#1 » by Pinkyring » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:34 pm

Barring a move for a star which would cost one of them plus, if we hit fa with this roster, who would u want to retain and at how much? I think both are 12-15 million guys with thj being better
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Re: Do you want to retain Richardson or THJ if so how much? 

Post#2 » by Apz » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:45 pm

Since we will be over the cap when we sign them it matters less. If Timmy keeps playing like he been and jrich get back to preseason form, I guess they will land in the 15-20 range whuch im fine with
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#3 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:50 pm

Unless there is a clear upgrade (which I donā€™t see that there is) then yes I would love to bring both JRich and THJ back. Personally I donā€™t care about their contract, I just want this team to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#4 » by Pinkyring » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:42 pm

Apz wrote:Since we will be over the cap when we sign them it matters less. If Timmy keeps playing like he been and jrich get back to preseason form, I guess they will land in the 15-20 range whuch im fine with

We won't be over the cap without them and if u bring them back at those numbers, this is the roster we are stuck with, a 6th seed team and thats with the prayer kp stays healthy
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#5 » by arkuo » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:17 pm

If both would cost 24 to 30M combined, I prefer to consolidate those assets and get a player who is really worth 24 to 30M per.
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Apz » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:28 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
Apz wrote:Since we will be over the cap when we sign them it matters less. If Timmy keeps playing like he been and jrich get back to preseason form, I guess they will land in the 15-20 range whuch im fine with

We won't be over the cap without them and if u bring them back at those numbers, this is the roster we are stuck with, a 6th seed team and thats with the prayer kp stays healthy

No, u sign someone first and then resign them over the cap? And luka. We will probably not be below cap til luka retires
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Apz » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:29 pm

arkuo wrote:If both would cost 24 to 30M combined, I prefer to consolidate those assets and get a player who is really worth 24 to 30M per.

Thise numbers it need to be a top 25-30 player in the league. Cant see jrich and thj get that back
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#8 » by Pinkyring » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:38 pm

Apz wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:

No, u sign someone first and then resign them over the cap? And luka. We will probably not be below cap til luka retires

That is not how it works dude, unless you are talking about mle guy that's not likely to move the needle
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by Apz » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:03 pm

So educate me. From what chuck and others discussed when they wanted horford i think it was it would effect jrich and thj since we had birdrights and coukd sign them over the cap as long as we hold the capholds.

Do clearly something is misunderstiid here, or people on the mavs board deliberately tried to sink the franchise by trying to get horford here
Pinkyring
RealGM

Post#10 » by Pinkyring » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:03 am

Apz wrote:So educate me. From what chuck and others discussed when they wanted horford i think it was it would effect jrich and thj since we had birdrights and coukd sign them over the cap as long as we hold the capholds.

Do clearly something is misunderstiid here, or people on the mavs board deliberately tried to sink the franchise by trying to get horford here

If you operate as a cap team you have to renounce the rights to sign a free agent over the exception levels, their cap holds are what have us as a cap team so you can't sign anyone else until u either extend them or renounce them and once u renounce you can't go over the cap to resign them.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#11 » by JD45 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:30 am

I think you are very low on what those two will bring in FA, but only their cap holds will really matter in getting a free agent in the summer.

But the decision between the two likely depends on who they get in free agency. If its Oladipo, they probably have to renounce both of them. But just in case he takes a discount, I would probably keep THJ. If its Porter they sign, I definitely want to keep Richardson.

If its Kwahi, of course you have to renounce both. I don't think there are any other free agents out there that would be worth letting THJ or JRich go.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Apz » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:58 am

Only kawhi of those are intresting so
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#13 » by Heezzi » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:13 am

Apz wrote:So educate me. From what chuck and others discussed when they wanted horford i think it was it would effect jrich and thj since we had birdrights and coukd sign them over the cap as long as we hold the capholds.

Do they really want to be the 2019-2020 76ers?
Apz
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Apz » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:37 am

You could think so. Also, what does ghat want oladipo think he will be payed? He will bd unmovable at that contract. Apparently he declined 4 tears 116m before the trade and want thd max that seems to be 35m per season. Add injury and 1 great season, he might be worth half of that. I hope we stick with our guys unless kawhi or jrue somehow becomes fa, of unless somdthing special happens
zonedefense
Analyst
And1: 3,941

Post#15 » by zonedefense » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:29 am

Keep both. DonĀ“t give up the capholds and resign them. FInal roster move needs to be a trade. Best option is Johnsons big expiring. The FA options look terrible.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,555

Post#16 » by jpengland » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:06 am

I'd look to trade THJ for someone contracted past the end of this season if possible.

Definitely Resign Jrich.

Ultimately, there is likely much more value in keeping both and having the full MLE available to spend too, then letting them walk and having the capspace.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 824

Post#17 » by Darren » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:40 am

No, if the duo is traded for Zach Lavine by deadline. Some combination with Young/Porter/Markkenen could be interesting.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 926

Post#18 » by Captain_Obvious » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:52 am

Keep them both. Numbers are not that important, we will be over the cap anyway and the MLE (Tucker?) will be available. 2021 offseason was Giannis or bust.

They will earn 18 millions + each
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 847

Post#19 » by Teffer10 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:34 pm

zonedefense wrote:Keep both. DonĀ“t give up the capholds and resign them. FInal roster move needs to be a trade. Best option is Johnsons big expiring. The FA options look terrible.

Yeah, I think it could be something similar to this.

I'm curious how that works though. If we were to trade Johnson and some combination of rookies or other players other than THJ and JRich for a high salary/long contract player, would we still be able to sign both THJ and JRich going over the cap.

If so, we have some trade assets up to the TDL and should probably take advantage of that using Johnson. I love Johnson and what he brings but if there is a younger player out there with some upside or that would be an immediate fit, we should take advantage of that because we have a better chance of upgrading via trade than FA imo.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 926

Post#20 » by Captain_Obvious » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:21 pm

Teffer10 wrote:I'm curious how that works though. If we were to trade Johnson and some combination of rookies or other players other than THJ and JRich for a high salary/long contract player, would we still be able to sign both THJ and JRich going over the cap.

We'd have their bird rights and can go over the cap to resign them. We would also have the MLE available on top.

Return to Dallas Mavericks