Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Re: Mavs Roster & Luka 

Post#21 » by Bob8 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:06 pm

ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:I've watched every game and I've seen some flashes of both good and bad.

Again what rookies on winning teams are making these big impacts you are looking for in 15 min a game?

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

I'm talking about last games, when he was playing much more. Mavs are at the moment very bad team not a winning team. He has got great opportunity because of all missing players and he showed 0 in offense.
He's not being asked to do anything on offense besides don't turn it over. Not sure why the bar is being set so high for the 18th pick, with no summer league, no real camp, and averaged about 12 ppg in 1 year of college

Because the premise was, Mavs drafted him because they need wings. Need as in near future, not in 5 years time.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#22 » by ejs78 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:18 pm

Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
I'm talking about last games, when he was playing much more. Mavs are at the moment very bad team not a winning team. He has got great opportunity because of all missing players and he showed 0 in offense.
He's not being asked to do anything on offense besides don't turn it over. Not sure why the bar is being set so high for the 18th pick, with no summer league, no real camp, and averaged about 12 ppg in 1 year of college

Because the premise was, Mavs drafted him because they need wings. Need as in near future, not in 5 years time.
So the team drafts him knowing he needs a full year or 2 to develop and you want him up to speed in 13 games

Bob8
General Manager

Post#23 » by Bob8 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:24 pm

ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:He's not being asked to do anything on offense besides don't turn it over. Not sure why the bar is being set so high for the 18th pick, with no summer league, no real camp, and averaged about 12 ppg in 1 year of college

So the team drafts him knowing he needs a full year or 2 to develop and you want him up to speed in 13 games

When all players return, there won't be any more development for him. ;)
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#24 » by ejs78 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:32 pm

Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I'm so confused

You are basically acting he should be already an nba caliber starter 13 games into the season while admitting what we all know which is he'll be going back to the bench when everyone is healthy.

Bob8
General Manager

Post#25 » by Bob8 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:36 pm

ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:So the team drafts him knowing he needs a full year or 2 to develop and you want him up to speed in 13 games

I'm so confused

You are basically acting he should be already an nba caliber starter 13 games into the season while admitting what we all know which is he'll be going back to the bench when everyone is healthy.

I just want to explain to you that RC won't develop so raw player. So the question is, why they drafted him in the first place?
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#26 » by ejs78 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:41 pm

Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
I'm so confused

I just want to explain to you that RC won't develop so raw player. So the question is, why they drafted him in the first place?
What did you want them to do?

Bob8
General Manager

Post#27 » by Bob8 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:55 pm

ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:I'm so confused

I didn't know anyone except first few and some players from Europe. BPA is normally the best option. I have believed they know, what they are doing. Not sure anymore.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#28 » by ejs78 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:09 am

Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I didn't know anyone except first few and some players from Europe. BPA is normally the best option. I have believed they know, what they are doing. Not sure anymore.
So didn't know many players expect the first few and compared to Green to Bey/Maxey for who knows what reason

Bob8
General Manager

Post#29 » by Bob8 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:22 am

ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:What did you want them to do?

So didn't know many players expect the first few and compared to Green to Bey/Maxey for who knows what reason

I'm not paid to draft players, some people are. I compared them to Green because they went later and look much better than Green.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#30 » by ejs78 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:26 am

Again not apples to apples.
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I'm not paid to draft players, some people are. I compared them to Green because they went later and look much better than Green.

Bob8
General Manager

Post#31 » by Bob8 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:31 am

ejs78 wrote:Again not apples to apples.
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:So didn't know many players expect the first few and compared to Green to Bey/Maxey for who knows what reason

Please stop. Green is starting games and plays a lot. And plays with Luka, who is doubled all the time, meaning a lot space for him. He has all opportunities he could wish for.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#32 » by ejs78 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:35 am

Ok

Good job on constantly moving the goal posts .

I'm sure if Green ever has a good game you'll be the first to call him an all star
Bob8 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Please stop. Green is starting games and plays a lot. And plays with Luka, who is doubled all the time, meaning a lot space for him. He has all opportunities he could wish for.

Bob8
General Manager

Post#33 » by Bob8 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:37 am

ejs78 wrote:Ok

Good job on constantly flip flopping .

I'm sure if Green ever has a good game you'll be the first to call him an all star
Bob8 wrote:

You have first start shooting to have good game. ;)
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#34 » by ejs78 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:47 am

Quick what advertising banners are being used to cover the seats at the game tonight?
Bob8 wrote:

Bob8 wrote:

Bob8
General Manager

Post#35 » by Bob8 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:57 am

ejs78 wrote:Quick what advertising banners are being used to cover the seats at the game tonight?
Bob8 wrote:

Esj78 sponsoring Green?
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by ejs78 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:03 am

Nope but I use common sense judging players

Good to see you dodged the question again
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Quick what advertising banners are being used to cover the seats at the game tonight?
Bob8 wrote:

Esj78 sponsoring Green?

Bob8
General Manager

Post#37 » by Bob8 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:10 am

ejs78 wrote:Nope but I use common sense judging players

Bob8 wrote:

Esj78 sponsoring Green?

Kroger, Draft Kings, Ascension St.Vincent. Will that be enough? I for sure have enough.
juanc
Pro Prospect
And1: 830

Post#38 » by juanc » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:17 am

Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

So you realy watch Philladelphia and Detroit games? Or how do you know that? Wake up in the morning and seeing the bocscore numbers -> wow they are awsome! Scouting report done!
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#39 » by ejs78 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:17 am

Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Nope but I use common sense judging players

Bob8 wrote:
Esj78 sponsoring Green?

Kroger, Draft Kings, Ascension St.Vincent. Will that be enough? I for sure have enough.
You missed Razr and Petsmart

Bob8
General Manager

Post#40 » by Bob8 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:25 am

juanc wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:So didn't know many players expect the first few and compared to Green to Bey/Maxey for who knows what reason

So you realy watch Philladelphia and Detroit games? Or how do you know that? Wake up in the morning and seeing the bocscore numbers -> wow they are awsome! Scouting report done!

I already said, I'm not scout, so I don't need to do any report. And I for sure don't need to explain anything to you, but for some reason I do. Won't happen again. ;)

Return to Dallas Mavericks