ImageImageImage

Eric Bledsoe also on trade market with Lonzo Ball, JJ Redick

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,566

Re: Eric Bledsoe also on trade market with Lonzo Ball, JJ Redick 

Post#21 » by jpengland » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:54 pm

HMFFL wrote:Drummond needs to be in a better system. With Luka and KP I like what the three offer and believe it's a positive bunch. Casey is doing the best he can in Detroit with the players he has. Tame Drummond on offense and he will be even better. He's a free agent this off season and he tries to do to much on offense at times to show off his game.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Drummond clogs the lane, is unplayable in the playoffs and a big slow C totally negates the benefits of KP and allowing us to truly stretch the floor and let Luka wreck havoc. KP at the 4 also means him chasing guys around the 3 point line with his bum knees.

If we look to upgrade it has to be someone who's a legit 3 threat.
BoardCrusher
Junior
And1: 319

Post#22 » by BoardCrusher » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:05 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
BoardCrusher wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:Literally anybody else. This roster sucks, start over with other pieces

roster sucks, coach sucks.... anything else?

youre either trolling or youre just letting out your frustrations on the forum.

Why? Cause it can only be one or the other? The roster and coach DO both suck, which is why we are in the position we are in. Plenty of teams have a lesser product out on the court every night with a better record than this, so how do you explain that?

the better question is, why dp you keep dissregarding the whole situation with missing players due to covid and acting like 2 of our players didnt just came back from an injury?

for example, how many games has Richardson played with the full roster?
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Post#23 » by dirkforpres » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:21 pm

BoardCrusher wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
BoardCrusher wrote:
roster sucks, coach sucks.... anything else?

youre either trolling or youre just letting out your frustrations on the forum.

Why? Cause it can only be one or the other? The roster and coach DO both suck, which is why we are in the position we are in. Plenty of teams have a lesser product out on the court every night with a better record than this, so how do you explain that?

the better question is, why dp you keep dissregarding the whole situation with missing players due to covid and acting like 2 of our players didnt just came back from an injury?

for example, how many games has Richardson played with the full roster?

Memphis has had their 2 best players for a grand total of 5 games this season yet they’ve stayed above .500.

You could argue that even with the 4 players out due to covid, the Mavs still have a better roster on paper, but somehow one team is winning and one team isn’t. Carlisle was the coach of the Pacers after the Malice in the Palace and dealt with a far more depleted roster than this because of it, yet still made the playoffs. What’s his excuse for this train wreck?
FIRE JASON KIDD
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#24 » by XTraderXL » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:24 pm

The thing is Dallas shouldnt be trading for any of those 4 players. I said it 2 weeks ago, lets wait until the team is back to full strength and then make moves if needed. Its been 18 games, they are 2 games below .500 and they are still very much in play for the PO. No need to panic and make stupid moves now and make the team worse. But I would still take Drummond over any of the Pels players if I had to pick one;-)
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#25 » by dirkforpres » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:30 pm

XTraderXL wrote:The thing is Dallas shouldnt be trading for any of those 4 players. I said it 2 weeks ago, lets wait until the team is back to full strength and then make moves if needed. Its been 18 games, they are 2 games below .500 and they are still very much in play for the PO. No need to panic and make stupid moves now and make the team worse. But I would still take Drummond over any of the Pels players if I had to pick one;-)

So in an already shortened season where we are out of the playoffs at the moment and have a brittle 2nd “star”, you want to wait EVEN LONGER in the hopes that maybe the ship will right itself in time to make a 2nd half of the season run when/if we are ever healthy? I don’t think they have any time to wait, especially with what the schedule looks like over these next few games. If Porzingis is really going to come out and only grab 4 rebounds a night and stand by the perimeter on offense, Mavs have to go out and get an actual big that can post and rebound if we even have a chance at moving this team forward
FIRE JASON KIDD
jpengland
Head Coach

Post#26 » by jpengland » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:09 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:The thing is Dallas shouldnt be trading for any of those 4 players. I said it 2 weeks ago, lets wait until the team is back to full strength and then make moves if needed. Its been 18 games, they are 2 games below .500 and they are still very much in play for the PO. No need to panic and make stupid moves now and make the team worse. But I would still take Drummond over any of the Pels players if I had to pick one;-)

So in an already shortened season where we are out of the playoffs at the moment and have a brittle 2nd “star”, you want to wait EVEN LONGER in the hopes that maybe the ship will right itself in time to make a 2nd half of the season run when/if we are ever healthy? I don’t think they have any time to wait, especially with what the schedule looks like over these next few games. If Porzingis is really going to come out and only grab 4 rebounds a night and stand by the perimeter on offense, Mavs have to go out and get an actual big that can post and rebound if we even have a chance at moving this team forward

Yeah, plonk a slow big in the lane and ensure that Luka has no space to penetrate.

We are a few months removed from the all time most efficient offense. The offense is fine and will click as players come back and now Luka has played himself into shape.

Talk about overreacting. We've been decimated with injury, had a tough schedule and our star turned up 15 lbs overweight.
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#27 » by dirkforpres » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:15 pm

jpengland wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

Yeah, plonk a slow big in the lane and ensure that Luka has no space to penetrate.

We are a few months removed from the all time most efficient offense. The offense is fine and will click as players come back and now Luka has played himself into shape.

Talk about overreacting. We've been decimated with injury, had a tough schedule and our star turned up 15 lbs overweight.

Unless our 7’3 balsa wood “center” actually wants to be in the lane fighting for rebounds, yes that’s what needs to be done. If he wants to stand 30 feet from the basket and make 1/3 of his shots then somethings got to give. Injuries or not, this team has underperformed and needs help. Luka is rightfully frustrated and the front office should be as well
FIRE JASON KIDD
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#28 » by XTraderXL » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:45 pm

dirkforpres wrote:

Fat Luka to start the season, no KP for the first 10 games and still playing into form, missing half of the rotation for 3 weeks due to Covid.... And the Mavs are 1.5 games behind the 6th spot. Are you this hysteric when it comes to other things as well?
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#29 » by ejs78 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:58 pm

So after 18 games we're saying Dallas who is 2 games out of the 5th seed is missing the playoffs? Can you give me the winning powerball numbers???

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#30 » by dirkforpres » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:19 pm

XTraderXL wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

Fat Luka to start the season, no KP for the first 10 games and still playing into form, missing half of the rotation for 3 weeks due to Covid.... And the Mavs are 1.5 games behind the 6th spot. Are you this hysteric when it comes to other things as well?

You can always come up with an excuse for why things aren’t going well. In the end, it falls on the coach to make it work with what he has. Do you really think this 8-10 (likely soon to be 8-12) is the best they can do?? The record we have and our playoff resume the 9 seasons prior is all the proof I need. How many years not getting to even the 2nd round till you start to point the finger at the coach? 15? 20? Ok Jerry Jones, don’t be surprised when Luka leaves then
FIRE JASON KIDD
jpengland
Head Coach

Post#31 » by jpengland » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:34 pm

Content Removed -- Chuck
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#32 » by dirkforpres » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:43 pm

Content Removed -- Chuck
FIRE JASON KIDD
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,039

Post#33 » by daoneandonly » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:22 pm

We're all on the same team/fanbase here guys, no reason for any animosity, especially during these times. Its been frustrating yeah, the tema should be better, but the covid situation hit them hard, and KP's health is an unfortunate question mark.

We have a young superstar in Luka though, thats one positive that not many teams can say
Golden Knight
Analyst
And1: 4,965

Post#34 » by Golden Knight » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:22 am

There seems to be a tweet that Redick is out but not with an injury.

Maybe traded? where?
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#35 » by Apz » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:21 am

My guess would be philly, celtics, LAL, those are my tip 3
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#36 » by BlueSan » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:37 am

I sure hope not Dallas...
Torgeir Bryn
Pro Prospect
And1: 657

Post#37 » by Torgeir Bryn » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:46 pm

As long as we don't give up much, I wouldn't mind Redick. He could certainly help the leagues worst 3-point shooting team.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#38 » by arkuo » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:58 pm

Torgeir Bryn wrote:As long as we don't give up much, I wouldn't mind Redick. He could certainly help the leagues worst 3-point shooting team.

Apart from Reddick, I'd also send out feelers to sign Doug Mcdermott in the summer. 6'8, great shooter. would not cost $20M.
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#39 » by Heezzi » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:02 pm

arkuo wrote:
Torgeir Bryn wrote:As long as we don't give up much, I wouldn't mind Redick. He could certainly help the leagues worst 3-point shooting team.

Apart from Reddick, I'd also send out feelers to sign Doug Mcdermott in the summer. 6'8, great shooter. would not cost $20M.

He isn't coming back to Dallas.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#40 » by Apz » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:04 pm

Well, shooting less then 30% from 3 he would fit right in!

Since players and teams form cant be bad he must suck at shootung, going by thid forums logic

Return to Dallas Mavericks