ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Monday, 8:30PM) If it gets postponed. I quit.

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Pistons (Wed, 7:30PM EST) 

Post#21 » by ejs78 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:40 am

Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Ej, what have you seen with Bey that has you so low on him? Curious
I'm not low on him I think he's a nice player

Bob just isn't making a fair comparison.

The Pistons pecking order is Grant a 3rd option then.................

Mavs pecking order is Luka, KP, Richardson, Timmy, Brunson, Maxi, DFS

Sure if Bey was in Dallas he could be getting more run then Green. Just don't think he'd be making any sort of large impact as Bob suggests.

Nesmith, Vassell, Hampton are a few others who aren't doing as well as Bey either since the teams they play for have playoff hopes. Should we consider them scrubs?

Bob was also very high on Maxey who can't shoot a 3 to save his life and yet we don't hear anything about him anymore after his 1 big game.

Just playing a big WHAT IF game for a team that rarely plays rookies.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

And I explained that many of those players in front of him were out for many games and Green still couldn't do anything.

Maxey is averaging 8.7 points, Green 2.5. Still a big difference, don't you think? And can't shoot 3 to save his life is still almost 2x better than Green's %, more or less Richardson's %.

In the end doesn't even matter how other rookies are playing, the fact is that Green is cheerleading. With other players in G-league, draf couldn't ended much worse.
Bob,

You do know players develop at different rates right?

Man Im sure Packers fans are glad they didn't give up on Aaron Rodgers after they had someone else higher on the totem pole at the time.

How nice of you to bring up Maxey after forgetting about him the last few weeks since it didn't fit the narrative. If you want to go by basketball reference which you like to do Maxey is WAY better. Gotten to watch him in a about 4 games. I really wouldn't say he's having a huge impact on the game.

I could be wrong but most draft experts liked the Mavs draft. Guess they know nothing.

Should the Celtics give up on Nesmith???
Should the Nuggets give up on Hampton????

I'm sure the sky is falling on you over there since the 3 rookies don't have HUGE roles yet.

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,562

Post#22 » by Bob8 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:54 am

ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:I'm not low on him I think he's a nice player

Sure if Bey was in Dallas he could be getting more run then Green. Just don't think he'd be making any sort of large impact as Bob suggests.

Nesmith, Vassell, Hampton are a few others who aren't doing as well as Bey either since the teams they play for have playoff hopes. Should we consider them scrubs?

Bob was also very high on Maxey who can't shoot a 3 to save his life and yet we don't hear anything about him anymore after his 1 big game.

Just playing a big WHAT IF game for a team that rarely plays rookies.

And I explained that many of those players in front of him were out for many games and Green still couldn't do anything.

Maxey is averaging 8.7 points, Green 2.5. Still a big difference, don't you think? And can't shoot 3 to save his life is still almost 2x better than Green's %, more or less Richardson's %.

In the end doesn't even matter how other rookies are playing, the fact is that Green is cheerleading. With other players in G-league, draf couldn't ended much worse.
Bob,

Man Im sure Packers fans are glad they didn't give up on Aaron Rodgers after they had someone else higher on the totem pole at the time.

How nice of you to bring up Maxey after forgetting about him the last few weeks since it didn't fit the narrative. If you want to go by basketball reference which you like to do Maxey is WAY better. Gotten to watch him in a about 4 games. I really wouldn't say he's having a huge impact on the game.

I'm sure the sky is falling on you over there since the 3 rookies don't have HUGE roles yet.

Many rookies fail, especially those whose only weapon is athleticism. I'm not sure that Mavs are the right team for developing players, especially not in next few years.

You have brought Maxey back not I. I'm not saying that he has big impact, but apparently he's good enough to play in better team than Mavs unlike Green.

Rookies don't have any kind of role yet and I doubt very much that anything will change soon.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,979

Post#23 » by Archx » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:58 am

ejs78 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Bob,

Come to Detroit and I'll take you to a game.

Maybe you can get Beys autograph..... let's just hope you don't get lost in a dark alley after the game dreaming about him

Why is Bob not making a fair comparison? Green has been given a lot of chances, he was even a starter for a while, but so far, has been absolutely ......i don't even dare to use the word....

In hindsight, Bob is right, Mavs screwed up, Bey is something we all hoped DFS would be. But Bey is probably already ahead as a rookie. Green is 1year younger, that's the ONLY thing he has on Bey right now. So i really don't understand why you two are going back and forth for like a week now.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#24 » by ejs78 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:26 am

Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Bob,

Many rookies fail, especially those whose only weapon is athleticism. I'm not sure that Mavs are the right team for developing players, especially not in next few years.

You have brought Maxey back not I. I'm not saying that he has big impact, but apparently he's good enough to play in better team than Mavs unlike Green.

Rookies don't have any kind of role yet and I doubt very much that anything will change soon.
I'm checking out of Hotel Bob....1/2 star

You defended Maxey pretty hard then he just magically vanished after a few turds cuz Bey fit your narrative better. He does get more run you are correct. They don't really have a great stable of guards in his path either in terms of a bench role.

We should give up on all the rookies already and the draft experts who gave us high grades for all 3 picks are clueless.

ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#25 » by ejs78 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:29 am

Alot?

I'm sure if we had to play him 25 to 35 minutes a night for more then a week he would gradually improve. How much its hard to say.

Small sample size theater is always fun.
Archx wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Why is Bob not making a fair comparison? Green has been given a lot of chances, he was even a starter for a while, but so far, has been absolutely ......i don't even dare to use the word....

In hindsight, Bob is right, Mavs screwed up, Bey is something we all hoped DFS would be. But Bey is probably already ahead as a rookie. Green is 1year younger, that's the ONLY thing he has on Bey right now. So i really don't understand why you two are going back and forth for like a week now.

Bob8
General Manager

Post#26 » by Bob8 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:00 am

ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

You defended Maxey pretty hard then he just magically vanished after a few turds cuz Bey fit your narrative better. He does get more run you are correct. They don't really have a great stable of guards in his path either in terms of a bench role.

We should give up on all the rookies already and the draft experts who gave us high grades for all 3 picks are clueless.

Personal comments normally show lack of arguments. You're having a lot of them. ;) I know, it's difficult to defend 2.5/2.3/0.6 player, 435th in RPM, who has lost trust of his coach.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#27 » by ejs78 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:55 pm

Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Personal comments normally show lack of arguments. You're having a lot of them. ;) I know, it's difficult to defend 2.5/2.3/0.6 player, 435th in RPM, who has lost trust of his coach.
Bob,

You did your thing like usual and never answered the questions about Nesmith and Hampton.

In Nesmiths case its much worse since Pritchards numbers are better and all things are equal right

Maybe you'll realize this isn't about defending Green and more about situations and time.

Bob8
General Manager

Post#28 » by Bob8 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:22 pm

ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:I'm checking out of Hotel Bob....1/2 star

Bob,

You did your thing like usual and never answered the questions about Nesmith and Hampton.

In Nesmiths case its much worse since Pritchards numbers are better and all things are equal right

Maybe you'll realize this isn't about defending Green and more about situations and time.

I have explained to you before, I don't know anything about Nesmiths.
I have explained to you too that numerical stats are not what worries me about Green. It's his inability to shoot and finish at the rim, which are worrisome to me. Or if I make things simple, I see athlete in Green but not basketball player.
Bey on the other hand might be less athletic but he's more pure basketball player and he plays without a fear, which is crucial in his development.

Please don't explain to me how Green didn't have license to shoot, everyone were shooting in those Covid period except him. He just didn't feel confident enough and watching results he might be right.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#29 » by ejs78 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:38 pm

But you do know enough about Maxey based off of basketball reference
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Bob,

I have explained to you too that numerical stats are not what worries me about Green. It's his inability to shoot and finish at the rim, which are worrisome to me. Or if I make things simple, I see athlete in Green but not basketball player.
Bey on the other hand might be less athletic but he's more pure basketball player and he plays without a fear, which is crucial in his development.

Please don't explain to me how Green didn't have license to shoot, everyone were shooting in those Covid period except him. He just didn't feel confident enough and watching results he might be right.

Bob8
General Manager

Post#30 » by Bob8 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:43 pm

ejs78 wrote:But you do know enough about Maxey based off of basketball reference
Bob8 wrote:

I have watched few of his games mainly because I have watched Philly to see how Curry is doing and I have watched his Denver game because of Jokic. It was kinda difficult to miss him in that game. League pass is a great thing for Europeans. ;)
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 849

Post#31 » by Teffer10 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:24 pm

We might have missed on one Bey but maybe not the other.
Did we find Dirk's replacement in a Matrix body?

https://streamable.com/c7qodv
realEAST
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#32 » by realEAST » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:42 pm

Teffer10 wrote:We might have missed on one Bey but maybe not the other.

I think he deserves a shot with a first team.

He was one on top defenders and rebounders in college last year.
Very athletic, plays with high motor and energy.
He is looking pretty good so far in G league.
His shooting touch looks better than anticipated.
He isn't that young after all.

Most of all, Mavs need that type of combo forward in rotation.
James Johnson has fallen off defensively, and isn't really productive offensively, often trying to do too much.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Post#33 » by dirkforpres » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:09 pm

realEAST wrote:

James Johnson has fallen off defensively, and isn't really productive offensively, often trying to do too much.

Never really understood why Bey wasn’t getting any PT, but Tyrell Terry and Boban were getting minutes with all those guys out
FIRE JASON KIDD
realEAST
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#34 » by realEAST » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:22 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
realEAST wrote:

Never really understood why Bey wasn’t getting any PT, but Tyrell Terry and Boban were getting minutes with all those guys out

Yeah, he was supposed to be the most NBA ready of all Dallas rookies, I was surprised he didn't get the chance with all the guys missing time due to COVID.
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#35 » by dirkforpres » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:37 pm

Game is now postponed :(
FIRE JASON KIDD
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#36 » by HMFFL » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:17 pm

Wednesday's Pistons vs. Mavericks game has been postponed due to a weather-related state of emergency.

Texas is in the grip of freezing temperatures and a winter storm that's putting excessive pressure on the state's electricity grid, requiring planned, rolling blackouts. The Mavericks are scheduled to play in Houston on Friday and thus far that intrastate game hasn't been affected.

RELATED: 

Detroit Pistons

SOURCE: Shams Charania on Twitter

Feb 16, 2021, 11:48 AM ET

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Bob8
General Manager

Post#37 » by Bob8 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:43 pm

Lucky escape for Mavs, Bey was ready for 50 points, 12/12 3-pointers. 8-)
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#38 » by leolozon » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:51 pm

Come on... I was just thinking that waiting 3 days was too long.
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#39 » by dirkforpres » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:05 pm

Bob8 wrote:Lucky escape for Mavs, Bey was ready for 50 points, 12/12 3-pointers. 8-)

And probably 38 rebounds too since Porzingis is too soft to compete for any
FIRE JASON KIDD
Bob8
General Manager

Post#40 » by Bob8 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:12 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
Bob8 wrote:Lucky escape for Mavs, Bey was ready for 50 points, 12/12 3-pointers. 8-)

And probably 38 rebounds too since Porzingis is too soft to compete for any

No just 18. Delon with 15 assists and DSJ with triple double. :lol:

Return to Dallas Mavericks