Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Jazz (7PM EST) 

Post#101 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:46 pm

XTraderXL wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
The main problem is that probably 1/3 of these folks arent even Mavs fans, they're just Luka fans. So they just trash the team because doing so makes Luka look even better for being Luka. It gets annoying after a while

I can understand the frustration with KP though, and not being happy with where we are. Yes the team was ravaged by health issues, but sitting at #7 with an utterly useless play in scenario can be nerve racking. All it take s is a bad game or 2 and you're out. if they didnt have that stupid new add in, then i'd be perfectly comfortable with where things were.

Trashing team? Like you were trashing Brunson? ;)

I admit, I was wrong about Mavs being able to win so many games. I didn't expect Luka becoming Curry like 3-point shooter overnight and I for sure didn't expect incredible Brunson. Some others, even Richardson, played some good games too. But Luka/Brunson playing unbelievable are the main reason for Mavs going up, unfortunately 7th place doesn't bring much this year. Another problem is that Denver and Portland have improved roster now.

We can admit or not, but KP is a problem. He didn't play a lot and Mavs are 9:9 without him. He just brings to little for a max. player.

Do you really believe that only Luka fans don't care about Mavs winning?

Dont worry, you werent alone in thinking the Mavs cant get it together :D There were only a handful of us who kept saying to be patient and wait until the team is healthy. It was very clear that this team is much better than what they were showing in the first 20-25 games or so. This team is one player away from maybe being a top 4 favorite to win the Championship (if everyone is healthy). Luka is just that good.

Luka shooting 43% for 3 might be unstoppable even with healthy KP and Brunson playing like at the moment. Problem is that all 3 things are probably unrealistic in playoffs.
boogiezen
Senior
And1: 410

Post#102 » by boogiezen » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:00 pm

Good win for the MAVS.

But I'm worried with KP's injury.I hope it is not like last year when they were vague about his injury in the playoffs and then boom he needed a surgery.
Maybe it's better not to be the best. Then you can lose and it's OK. - Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993)
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#103 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:31 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Mr B wrote:
ejs78 wrote:I was told the season was over at 9-14

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

So many fair weather fans here. I really don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main problem is that probably 1/3 of these folks arent even Mavs fans, they're just Luka fans. So they just trash the team because doing so makes Luka look even better for being Luka. It gets annoying after a while

I can understand the frustration with KP though, and not being happy with where we are. Yes the team was ravaged by health issues, but sitting at #7 with an utterly useless play in scenario can be nerve racking. All it take s is a bad game or 2 and you're out. if they didnt have that stupid new add in, then i'd be perfectly comfortable with where things were.

Maybe most of these guys here are young fans too. That grew up in a society where they expect instant gratification. Winning an NBA title is not easy, especially when you’re not the Lakers. I’ve been a fan since 1992 and I’ve what it looks like when a team has bad management, and bad coaching. I’ve also seen what it looks like when the team doesn’t try. None of that is going on here.

Right now the team is healthy and they’re playing well. That doesn’t mean they are going to go undefeated. That also doesn’t mean they may have a bad game from time to time. But overall over the last 30 days they’ve played really well. And if you look at their schedule for the next 30 days it doesn’t look that tough. There are a lot of winnable games. There is a very good chance that they are sitting at 16 (or even 15) at the end of the next 30 days.

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,001

Post#104 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 6, 2021 9:38 pm

Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Mr B wrote:So many fair weather fans here. I really don’t get it.

I admit, I was wrong about Mavs being able to win so many games. I didn't expect Luka becoming Curry like 3-point shooter overnight and I for sure didn't expect incredible Brunson. Some others, even Richardson, played some good games too. But Luka/Brunson playing unbelievable are the main reason for Mavs going up, unfortunately 7th place doesn't bring much this year. Another problem is that Denver and Portland have improved roster now.

We can admit or not, but KP is a problem. He didn't play a lot and Mavs are 9:9 without him. He just brings to little for a max. player.

Look at Portland’s schedule over for the rest of the month. It’s pretty tough. It’s tougher than the Mavs schedule. The Mavs are playing well even without KP and when you look at their schedule they have a very good chance of ending up at 6 by the end of April.

Based on Denver’s schedule I don’t think the Mavs are catching them. The Lakers in the other hand have some really tough games in April including 2 against the Mavs. If the Mavs can win both or even just split there’s a chance they could even be at 5 by the end of April.

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#105 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:15 pm

Mr B wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Look at Portland’s schedule over for the rest of the month. It’s pretty tough. It’s tougher than the Mavs schedule. The Mavs are playing well even without KP and when you look at their schedule they have a very good chance of ending up at 6 by the end of April.

Based on Denver’s schedule I don’t think the Mavs are catching them. The Lakers in the other hand have some really tough games in April including 2 against the Mavs. If the Mavs can win both or even just split there’s a chance they could even be at 5 by the end of April.

I agree they're playing well now, like it was obvious they're playing bad then and not just because of Covid.

I have few questions though.

First the most obvious, how long will KP's absence be?
Second, can Luka continue with his insane 3pts %, we're talking 40%+ on pull-ups/step backs? Which are fantastic numbers.
Thirdly, can Brunson continue playing like that on long term? He's playing like a (super)star at the moment.

We might be playing bad because of Covid effect in February, but we might be playing to good roster wise at the moment.

Schedule is indeed very good, except back2backs.
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#106 » by fuller4379 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 5:36 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Dallas Mavericks