ImageImageImage

What's your perfect(realistic) offseason?

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 9,644
And1: 1,615
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: What's your perfect(realistic) offseason? 

Post#61 » by daoneandonly » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:16 pm

Let J Rich walk, unless someone wants to S&T
Trade KP, Kleber, and Brunson
Get guys like Marcus Smart and Jonas Valincunas. Not game changers, but they have heart and always compete
BlueSan
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,575
And1: 606
Joined: Dec 13, 2017
 

Re: What's your perfect(realistic) offseason? 

Post#62 » by BlueSan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:37 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
BlueSan wrote:1. Trade Porzingis + another player (Richardson / Powell) for a good player and a useful piece.

2. Get DeRozan

3. Extend Brunson

4. Keep Hardaway if he accepts 15 mils

5. Extend Dončič

6. Sign Bey and Hinton

7. Keep WCS for these peanuts

The rest not that important DFS can be traded mid season or before season or extended...whatever


Derozan is a terrible fit with Luka. He can't defend or space the floor, I can't understand why people want him.

Brunson is proving to be a second round guy, he's been garbage lately. He doesn't even try to pass or defend.


DeRozan, because market is extremely depleted. Dallas are running out of options.
Collins would go on a max deal, we are talking about a guy that is not even an All Star.
I would extend Brunson, but wouldnt offer more than 10 mils if he doesnt accept, trade him in a nice package together with Porzingis and maybe get something out of it
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 43,651
And1: 4,232
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: What's your perfect(realistic) offseason? 

Post#63 » by HMFFL » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:17 am

daoneandonly wrote:Let J Rich walk, unless someone wants to S&T
Trade KP, Kleber, and Brunson
Get guys like Marcus Smart and Jonas Valincunas. Not game changers, but they have heart and always compete
It's not realistic.
Both of them are key guys for their teams.


Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 43,651
And1: 4,232
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: What's your perfect(realistic) offseason? 

Post#64 » by HMFFL » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:22 am

Starting with the free agents is a good start. We must add talent. I don't see any reason to keep THJ unless he's paid around 10-12m per season.
KP and Luka desperately need help.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Bluelabel24
Junior
Posts: 264
And1: 47
Joined: Feb 03, 2019
   

Re: What's your perfect(realistic) offseason? 

Post#65 » by Bluelabel24 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:40 am

daoneandonly wrote:Let J Rich walk, unless someone wants to S&T
Trade KP, Kleber, and Brunson
Get guys like Marcus Smart and Jonas Valincunas. Not game changers, but they have heart and always compete

they should go hard after guys like marcus smart.. we need pitbull type of guys out there and not fill the roster with soft finesse guys. We need a bruiser energizer type.
41Dirk41
Freshman
Posts: 90
And1: 22
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: What's your perfect(realistic) offseason? 

Post#66 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:11 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
BlueSan wrote:1. Trade Porzingis + another player (Richardson / Powell) for a good player and a useful piece.

2. Get DeRozan

3. Extend Brunson

4. Keep Hardaway if he accepts 15 mils

5. Extend Dončič

6. Sign Bey and Hinton

7. Keep WCS for these peanuts

The rest not that important DFS can be traded mid season or before season or extended...whatever


Derozan is a terrible fit with Luka. He can't defend or space the floor, I can't understand why people want him.

Brunson is proving to be a second round guy, he's been garbage lately. He doesn't even try to pass or defend.


I understand your doubts on DDR, but unless we will sign an All Star i accept him...he is a terrific offensive player.
Luka needs more talent around him, i think it's better for now add talents than mediocre players that fits to the system (like DFS, JRich ecc ecc).
Luka and Rick will find a way to play with DDR too.
arkuo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,120
And1: 694
Joined: Jun 16, 2004

Re: What's your perfect(realistic) offseason? 

Post#67 » by arkuo » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:38 am

Here's an idea if RIchardson opts in.

RIchardson + Kleber + Brunson for S&T John Collins ($30M per)

Sign Spender Dinwiddie to his own max when he opts out of BKN. He will be buried behind Kyrie and Harden there. He will most likely opt out. Dinwiddie averages 7 assists per game. There is your point guard / playmaker to replace Brunson.

You eventually elevate the quality of the starting 5 with that. Sign players to fill out the bench.

C- Porzingis / WCS
PF - Collins / Powell / Melli
SF - DFS / Green
SG - Dinwiddie / THJ
PG - Doncic / Burke / Terry
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 9,644
And1: 1,615
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: What's your perfect(realistic) offseason? 

Post#68 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:49 am

arkuo wrote:Here's an idea if RIchardson opts in.

RIchardson + Kleber + Brunson for S&T John Collins ($30M per)

Sign Spender Dinwiddie to his own max when he opts out of BKN. He will be buried behind Kyrie and Harden there. He will most likely opt out. Dinwiddie averages 7 assists per game. There is your point guard / playmaker to replace Brunson.

You eventually elevate the quality of the starting 5 with that. Sign players to fill out the bench.

C- Porzingis / WCS
PF - Collins / Powell / Melli
SF - DFS / Green
SG - Dinwiddie / THJ
PG - Doncic / Burke / Terry


That team can score, but will be scored on at will. Dinwiddie is a horrible defender and Collins is nothign special on that end, there's no way that team is going anywhere when they'll allow 130 a night
BlazersBroncos
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,305
And1: 4,012
Joined: Oct 27, 2016

Re: What's your perfect(realistic) offseason? 

Post#69 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:52 pm

Almost certainly too much movement, but I am bored at work and DAL is my #2 team so here goes:

112M EST SALARY CAP

Dallas Trades
Kristaps Porzingis to CHA
Dwight Powell to DET
Trey Burke to CHA

Charlotte Trades
Terry Rozier to DAL
#15 to DET

Detroit Trades
Mason Plumlee to DAL

Terry Rozier 17.9
Luka Doncic 10.1M
Maxi Kleber 8.7M
Mason Plumlee 8.1M
Dorian Finney-Smith 4M
Josh Green 2.9M
Jalen Brunson 1.8M
Tyrell Terry 1.5M
4 Cap Holds 4.8M
TOTAL – 59.8

RESIGN
Tim Hardaway Jr *** 3Y 42M 14M AV ***
Boban Marjanovic *** Vet Min ***

FREE AGENCY
John Collins *** MAX starting at 28.1M ***
Danny Green *** 2Y 20M 10M AV ***
Kent Bazemore *** Vet Min ***
Harry Giles *** Vet Min ***

G – Terry Rozier / Jalen Brunson / Tyrell Terry
G – Danny Green / Tim Hardaway Jr / Josh Green
F – Luka Doncic / Tim Hardaway Jr / Kent Bazemore
F – John Collins / Dorian Finney-Smith / Tyler Bey
C – Mason Plumlee / Maxi Kleber / Harry Giles / Boban Marjanovic
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 9,644
And1: 1,615
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: What's your perfect(realistic) offseason? 

Post#70 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:01 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:Almost certainly too much movement, but I am bored at work and DAL is my #2 team so here goes:

112M EST SALARY CAP

Dallas Trades
Kristaps Porzingis to CHA
Dwight Powell to DET
Trey Burke to CHA

Charlotte Trades
Terry Rozier to DAL
#15 to DET

Detroit Trades
Mason Plumlee to DAL

Terry Rozier 17.9
Luka Doncic 10.1M
Maxi Kleber 8.7M
Mason Plumlee 8.1M
Dorian Finney-Smith 4M
Josh Green 2.9M
Jalen Brunson 1.8M
Tyrell Terry 1.5M
4 Cap Holds 4.8M
TOTAL – 59.8

RESIGN
Tim Hardaway Jr *** 3Y 42M 14M AV ***
Boban Marjanovic *** Vet Min ***

FREE AGENCY
John Collins *** MAX starting at 28.1M ***
Danny Green *** 2Y 20M 10M AV ***
Kent Bazemore *** Vet Min ***
Harry Giles *** Vet Min ***

G – Terry Rozier / Jalen Brunson / Tyrell Terry
G – Danny Green / Tim Hardaway Jr / Josh Green
F – Luka Doncic / Tim Hardaway Jr / Kent Bazemore
F – John Collins / Dorian Finney-Smith / Tyler Bey
C – Mason Plumlee / Maxi Kleber / Harry Giles / Boban Marjanovic


Probably your best Dallas proposals, I guess being bored at work is a plus. I like both the Rozier and Plumlee fits, but just dont see Atl allowing Collins to walk for nothing. Plus I cant see our FO making this many changes, where we have 4 new starters. Not saying it wouldn't behoove them to do so, but I just think they think the needed fixes are smaller in nature

Return to Dallas Mavericks