ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST)

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

Bnice5
Freshman
Posts: 73
And1: 26
Joined: Oct 17, 2020
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#81 » by Bnice5 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:56 am

Luka Magic!!!
bartlettbear
Freshman
Posts: 98
And1: 12
Joined: Feb 04, 2021
       

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#82 » by bartlettbear » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:56 am

Grayson Allen misisng two ft makes it so much better
User avatar
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 59,858
And1: 12,762
Joined: Feb 20, 2001
Location: Longwood, Florida
Contact:
       

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#83 » by Howard Mass » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:56 am

What a shot by Luka!
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
agentofatlas
Pro Prospect
Posts: 930
And1: 476
Joined: May 23, 2011

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#84 » by agentofatlas » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:57 am

Wow! Hahaha! Escaped with that one.
Bnice5
Freshman
Posts: 73
And1: 26
Joined: Oct 17, 2020
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#85 » by Bnice5 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:58 am

That’s a huge win given the stakes
reamily
Sophomore
Posts: 248
And1: 38
Joined: Feb 01, 2020

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#86 » by reamily » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:00 am

Lol the lucky win masked the fact that kp and luka are doing better in last 2 min posessions..starting from that spurs game, it isnt flukey if youre down 6 with less than 90 secs to play

Looks like they are forcing the game to be in situation when theyre down in the end..
Archx
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,000
And1: 3,440
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#87 » by Archx » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:00 am

I'm sure Rick drew up a 3pt floater there :lol:

Huge win given how they played the entire game.
dirkforpres
RealGM
Posts: 10,140
And1: 4,925
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#88 » by dirkforpres » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:03 am

Luka.... wow... speechless. Unbelievable shot :lol:
FIRE RICK CARLISLE
Archx
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,000
And1: 3,440
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#89 » by Archx » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:26 am

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter
SOUNDCHASER
Rookie
Posts: 1,026
And1: 134
Joined: Feb 11, 2013

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#90 » by SOUNDCHASER » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:43 am

Apz
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,474
And1: 381
Joined: Jan 18, 2019
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#91 » by Apz » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:36 am

Godly. Never thought there would be a 3rd player worth the nick "God". Nice company with Maradona and Robbie Fowler.
arkuo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,105
And1: 692
Joined: Jun 16, 2004

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#92 » by arkuo » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:08 am

Good thing the shot went in. The comments from fans with a losing streak would have been brutal.
User avatar
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 8,500
And1: 25,731
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
     

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#93 » by Dirk » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:08 pm

About time the Mavs win one of these games. It was brutal to watch. But finally... things bounce 'our' way.

Great to see so much love for Powell. He deserves it.


Silky smooth
Spoiler:



KP has been looking really good out there (offensively at least).

How cool is it that Luka can just draw more defenders in the post and dish the ball from there


Bluelabel24 wrote:luka looks like hes got tired legs for the past few games, missing 3s and FTs. Hope this offseason they get him a nutritionist if he doesnt already have one.

He looked like he was "tired" in some of these recent games. As if he had hit that "stage of the season" where he is fatigued. In some games he looks more sluggish and it must be a combination of energy and 'focus'. Because he can transform himself within games and still somehow deliver the goods. He hit some ridiculous shows in this game.

Looking forward to seeing him fresh and bouncy vs Knicks... so we dispel some ideas that he may be "tired" "fatigued" :)
43/17/13
User avatar
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 8,500
And1: 25,731
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
     

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#94 » by Dirk » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:36 pm

Howard Mass wrote:What a shot by Luka!


The Magic were one of he teams that won useless games at the end of the season and missed the chance to be in spot to get Doncic.
43/17/13
fuller4379
Analyst
Posts: 3,125
And1: 886
Joined: May 05, 2014

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#95 » by fuller4379 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:09 pm

Very important win. The Grizzlies would have been only 1/2 game back and tied with the Mavs in the loss column if the Grizzlies would have won. We are also just one game back from Portland now. Those losses against Houston and San Antonio sting right now.
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 9,635
And1: 1,613
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#96 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:13 pm

fuller4379 wrote:Very important win. The Grizzlies would have been only 1/2 game back and tied with the Mavs in the loss column if the Grizzlies would have won. We are also just one game back from Portland now. Those losses against Houston and San Antonio sting right now.


Yeah the SA is one thing, I mean they're a good team, coached by a legend, and trying to win. The losses to Houston, OKC, and Chicago are inexcusable.

Not to mention the fact that Phoenix swept us, and didnt have Booker for some of that is just aggravating. But a win is a win, so lets take solace in that.
fuller4379
Analyst
Posts: 3,125
And1: 886
Joined: May 05, 2014

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#97 » by fuller4379 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:01 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
fuller4379 wrote:Very important win. The Grizzlies would have been only 1/2 game back and tied with the Mavs in the loss column if the Grizzlies would have won. We are also just one game back from Portland now. Those losses against Houston and San Antonio sting right now.


Yeah the SA is one thing, I mean they're a good team, coached by a legend, and trying to win. The losses to Houston, OKC, and Chicago are inexcusable.

Not to mention the fact that Phoenix swept us, and didnt have Booker for some of that is just aggravating. But a win is a win, so lets take solace in that.


It is hilarious watching Houston turn into a pile of poo so quickly. Trading Chris Paul plus two first round picks for Russell Westbrick was a move that started the downfall of their franchise. I didn't think that would work when it was made.
User avatar
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 59,858
And1: 12,762
Joined: Feb 20, 2001
Location: Longwood, Florida
Contact:
       

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#98 » by Howard Mass » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:08 pm

Dirk wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:What a shot by Luka!


The Magic were one of he teams that won useless games at the end of the season and missed the chance to be in spot to get Doncic.


I remember well. They tried while others tanked.

Then again, Sacramento did move up in The Lotto that year.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 9,635
And1: 1,613
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#99 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:55 pm

Howard Mass wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:What a shot by Luka!


The Magic were one of he teams that won useless games at the end of the season and missed the chance to be in spot to get Doncic.


I remember well. They tried while others tanked.

Then again, Sacramento did move up in The Lotto that year.


Well for what its worth, Dallas should have had the 3rd pick anyways, in fact, they WON a coin flip against Atlanta to get that spot. And yet the coin flip loser Atl won the spot anyways and hence Dallas had to forfeit an extra pick.
dirkforpres
RealGM
Posts: 10,140
And1: 4,925
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Wed. 9:30PM EST) 

Post#100 » by dirkforpres » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:44 pm

Howard Mass wrote:What a shot by Luka!


That’s it, come join the dark side.

Image
FIRE RICK CARLISLE

Return to Dallas Mavericks