ImageImageImage

Masai Ujiri??

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 47

Masai Ujiri?? 

Post#1 » by Bluelabel24 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:02 pm

didnt know that his contract in TOR is about to end.. some mavs fans have called for a different GM or team pres but the hard part is finding a suitable replacement. imo great GMs are harder to find than HCs
Masai definitely is among the top in the field.

"It is widely presumed in league circles that only an overwhelming offer in a highly desirable market could lure him away from the influence and affection he has amassed in Toronto," Stein reported Tuesday

what do you guys think of him? should Cuban be that "overwhelming offer" during the summer?
i think its a long shot but still wouldn't hurt to try and offer...
KhalilS
Rookie
And1: 586

Re: Masai Ujiri?? 

Post#2 » by KhalilS » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:36 pm

Absolutely he should, but I doubt Cuban would want strong personality like Ujiri next to him in Dallas, Cuban is by far the most involved owner in his team.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 4,925

Post#3 » by dirkforpres » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:46 pm

Don’t hold your breath.

Despite how logical it is and how much I’d love for it to happen, I never assume Cuban will actually do what’s right for the team by firing Carlisle and/or Nelson.

Ujiri would be perfect and could easily build a championship roster around Luka... but Mark Cuban just wants to keep “his guys” around now that he’s already gotten a ring and doesn’t care as much anymore. I honestly believe that even if we went the rest of the year without winning another game, Cuban would still keep them around
FIRE RICK CARLISLE
Bnice5
Freshman
And1: 26

Post#4 » by Bnice5 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:38 pm

why would Cubes do that... don't you know the Mavs have the smartest GM and smartest HC in all of sports?

As Donnie says,"just trust us"
arkuo
Lead Assistant
And1: 692

Post#5 » by arkuo » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:36 pm

Here's the scenario. Masai signs with Dallas, sends Cuban an offseason proposal to build a team around Luka and KP. Cuban vetoes that, signs Dwight Powell to 3 years $17M per.

I'd imagine Masai would quit on his first day here. Not to mention all the sexual harrasment shenanigans from the front office.

Return to Dallas Mavericks