ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST)

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

User avatar
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 8,516
And1: 25,788
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
     

RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#1 » by Dirk » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:43 am

Time flies.
Image
43/17/13
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 13,168
And1: 8,329
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#2 » by ducler » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:58 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
Apz
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,487
And1: 382
Joined: Jan 18, 2019
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#3 » by Apz » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:52 pm

Just seeing powell in that starting 5 makes me throw up a little
Bob8
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,366
And1: 1,773
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#4 » by Bob8 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:57 pm

Apz wrote:Just seeing powell in that starting 5 makes me throw up a little


He's for sure better than Kleber at the moment.
dirkforpres
RealGM
Posts: 10,176
And1: 4,956
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#5 » by dirkforpres » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:14 pm

Powell on Drummond. Mavs are getting 0 help on the glass tonight.

Only way we get a win is if the Mavs can shoot 70%.

What a joke of a starting lineup, but exactly what I’d assume from Rick Carlisle- more Powell and keep Richardson in there too, that’ll for sure solve all of our problems :roll:
FIRE RICK CARLISLE
KhalilS
Rookie
Posts: 1,102
And1: 631
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#6 » by KhalilS » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:11 pm

I don't think that's the definite starting lineup, it's just the lineup from last game. I don't see major problem with, you need size against AD squared frontline, so KP/Powell are your best bet, Mavs don't have a bruiser.
Bob8
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,366
And1: 1,773
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#7 » by Bob8 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:53 pm

dirkforpres wrote:Powell on Drummond. Mavs are getting 0 help on the glass tonight.

Only way we get a win is if the Mavs can shoot 70%.

What a joke of a starting lineup, but exactly what I’d assume from Rick Carlisle- more Powell and keep Richardson in there too, that’ll for sure solve all of our problems :roll:


Who says this will be lineup? On the other hand who can he put with KP? Kleber is injured, WCS or KP cannot play 4, the only other solution is Melli, but he's out of the roster last 5 games.
dirkforpres
RealGM
Posts: 10,176
And1: 4,956
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#8 » by dirkforpres » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:20 pm

Bob8 wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:Powell on Drummond. Mavs are getting 0 help on the glass tonight.

Only way we get a win is if the Mavs can shoot 70%.

What a joke of a starting lineup, but exactly what I’d assume from Rick Carlisle- more Powell and keep Richardson in there too, that’ll for sure solve all of our problems :roll:


Who says this will be lineup? On the other hand who can he put with KP? Kleber is injured, WCS or KP cannot play 4, the only other solution is Melli, but he's out of the roster last 5 games.


It will 100% be the lineup because we (barely) won the last game and this team is desperate for an identity... Even if it was just some meaningless win against a team not trying to compete and without its 2 best players even playing. Powell has been total garbage these past 2 years, yet somehow he’s getting minutes AND a starting role on this team. It makes no sense... yet Green, Hinton, and Bey can’t even sniff a minute of playing time on this underachieving roster
FIRE RICK CARLISLE
Archx
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,021
And1: 3,477
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#9 » by Archx » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:42 pm

There you have it. Straight from the boss. KP ain't going anywhere. Instead, we will have to endure and watch how they win a championship together.... at some point in time :lol:

Read on Twitter
fuller4379
Analyst
Posts: 3,159
And1: 890
Joined: May 05, 2014

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#10 » by fuller4379 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:48 pm

I don’t like this matchup. The Lakers should just bully the Mavericks around.
dirkforpres
RealGM
Posts: 10,176
And1: 4,956
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#11 » by dirkforpres » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:15 pm

Archx wrote:There you have it. Straight from the boss. KP ain't going anywhere. Instead, we will have to endure and watch how they win a championship together.... at some point in time :lol:

Read on Twitter


I don’t expect Cuban to say anything other than this, but the big difference between the 2 is that even if they weren’t friends, Dirk and Terry played extremely well together... You can’t say the same for KP and Luka.

Also, Terry was never expected to carry “2nd star” weight at any point in his career. The fact that Porzingis is the highest paid player on the team but can be the 5th best starter on nights is extremely alarming.

I know he can’t flat out say otherwise, but he is an absolute fool not to make or take calls for KP
FIRE RICK CARLISLE
Archx
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,021
And1: 3,477
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#12 » by Archx » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:24 am

dirkforpres wrote:I don’t expect Cuban to say anything other than this, but the big difference between the 2 is that even if they weren’t friends, Dirk and Terry played extremely well together... You can’t say the same for KP and Luka.

Also, Terry was never expected to carry “2nd star” weight at any point in his career. The fact that Porzingis is the highest paid player on the team but can be the 5th best starter on nights is extremely alarming.

I know he can’t flat out say otherwise, but he is an absolute fool not to make or take calls for KP


Yeah true, but it was such a weird comparison to me. I mean other than Dirk not liking Terry too much at the start, there is no comparison between those two duos.
KP and Luka actually did play good together last year, i just think this year Luka lost all the trust in KP because he had to shoulder such high burden when KP was out and other guys couldn't hit a shot. Lately they have been a bit better and KP has regained some of his trust back, but they are still quite off. Also the fact that KP can not consistently replicate last season's defense, is also hurting them a lot.
41Dirk41
Freshman
Posts: 89
And1: 22
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#13 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:55 am

Archx wrote:There you have it. Straight from the boss. KP ain't going anywhere. Instead, we will have to endure and watch how they win a championship together.... at some point in time :lol:

Read on Twitter


Cuban has lost his mind. Official.
dirkforpres
RealGM
Posts: 10,176
And1: 4,956
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#14 » by dirkforpres » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:08 am

Archx wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:I don’t expect Cuban to say anything other than this, but the big difference between the 2 is that even if they weren’t friends, Dirk and Terry played extremely well together... You can’t say the same for KP and Luka.

Also, Terry was never expected to carry “2nd star” weight at any point in his career. The fact that Porzingis is the highest paid player on the team but can be the 5th best starter on nights is extremely alarming.

I know he can’t flat out say otherwise, but he is an absolute fool not to make or take calls for KP


Yeah true, but it was such a weird comparison to me. I mean other than Dirk not liking Terry too much at the start, there is no comparison between those two duos.
KP and Luka actually did play good together last year, i just think this year Luka lost all the trust in KP because he had to shoulder such high burden when KP was out and other guys couldn't hit a shot. Lately they have been a bit better and KP has regained some of his trust back, but they are still quite off. Also the fact that KP can not consistently replicate last season's defense, is also hurting them a lot.


As long as Porzingis doesn’t give a f*** about rebounding and thinks shooting from the logo is a smart play he shouldn’t be trusted by anyone
FIRE RICK CARLISLE
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 43,639
And1: 4,205
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#15 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:27 am

Let's get this win.
I view it as a must won game!

AD plays 15 minutes

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 43,639
And1: 4,205
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#16 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:29 am

Archx wrote:There you have it. Straight from the boss. KP ain't going anywhere. Instead, we will have to endure and watch how they win a championship together.... at some point in time

Read on Twitter
Until Cuban can sign a star free agent it makes sense to keep KP. For the time being I will wait an see how we handle this off-season.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 43,639
And1: 4,205
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#17 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:30 am

Mavs are favored to win by 3.5 points.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Bluelabel24
Junior
Posts: 264
And1: 47
Joined: Feb 03, 2019
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#18 » by Bluelabel24 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:35 am

dirkforpres wrote:I don’t expect Cuban to say anything other than this, but the big difference between the 2 is that even if they weren’t friends, Dirk and Terry played extremely well together... You can’t say the same for KP and Luka.

Also, Terry was never expected to carry “2nd star” weight at any point in his career. The fact that Porzingis is the highest paid player on the team but can be the 5th best starter on nights is extremely alarming.

I know he can’t flat out say otherwise, but he is an absolute fool not to make or take calls for KP


yeah he cant say anything else or it could plummet KPs value.. But at the moment i think this is the right move. do everything we can to make it work. What i hate is treating your max guy with kid gloves. Its not only a disservice to the mavs, his teammates but most importantly to KP himself. Treating him with kid gloves like the boston game and not drawing up plays for him to get the mismatch is like tolerating the soft type of play. But just to be clear i dont ever want KP to post up guys his size or pf/Cs, where i draw the line is when hes being guarded by small ass guards and skinny sfs and he pops out for a 3, thats inexcusable in my eyes. The smart thing right now is give the 2 stars an ultimatum. Have them listen to Casey Smith and staff. We cant have our main guys having issues with their body.
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 43,639
And1: 4,205
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#19 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:14 am

Richardson..lol
Just stands flatfooted and provides no help defense. Easy layup Lakers!

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
ejs78
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,435
And1: 278
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Lakers (9:30PM EST) 

Post#20 » by ejs78 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:19 am

Let me say it for those who wanted him


Drummond is terrible



Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Dallas Mavericks