ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST)

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

Mr B
Head Coach
Posts: 7,369
And1: 1,730
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#21 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:33 am

ejs78 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:Another L. All they have to do is throw Draymond/Wiggins on Luka and then let Steph burn us for an easy 60. None of these bums are coming to give Doncic any help as per usual, and Rick Carlisle is too stupid to figure out rotations or adjustments so... prepare for Steve Kerr to coach circles around him in a rout

This didn’t age well. Hahaha
You should go be a Clippers fan or something.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dirkforpres thinks this team should be 0-72

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

I think he wishes this team was 0-72.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dirkforpres
RealGM
Posts: 10,178
And1: 4,956
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#22 » by dirkforpres » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:52 am

Mr B wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:Another L. All they have to do is throw Draymond/Wiggins on Luka and then let Steph burn us for an easy 60. None of these bums are coming to give Doncic any help as per usual, and Rick Carlisle is too stupid to figure out rotations or adjustments so... prepare for Steve Kerr to coach circles around him in a rout

This didn’t age well. Hahaha
You should go be a Clippers fan or something.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Oh because it’s now a crime to call out an underperforming team that you follow? I guess only the “real fans” can think it’s okay to lose to sorry teams like the Rockets and Kings as long as they’re fun guys to hang out with off the court. Get over yourself bro... beating up on a worse team than us isn’t as impressive as you seem to think it is.
FIRE RICK CARLISLE
Mr B
Head Coach
Posts: 7,369
And1: 1,730
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#23 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:30 am

dirkforpres wrote:
Mr B wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:Another L. All they have to do is throw Draymond/Wiggins on Luka and then let Steph burn us for an easy 60. None of these bums are coming to give Doncic any help as per usual, and Rick Carlisle is too stupid to figure out rotations or adjustments so... prepare for Steve Kerr to coach circles around him in a rout

This didn’t age well. Hahaha
You should go be a Clippers fan or something.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Oh because it’s now a crime to call out an underperforming team that you follow? I guess only the “real fans” can think it’s okay to lose to sorry teams like the Rockets and Kings as long as they’re fun guys to hang out with off the court. Get over yourself bro... beating up on a worse team than us isn’t as impressive as you seem to think it is.

No because you NEVER have anything good to say about them. You only speak up when they’re playing bad. As soon as they play well you disappear.

Maybe you’re just a “glass is half empty” kinda person.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KhalilS
Rookie
Posts: 1,122
And1: 637
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#24 » by KhalilS » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:32 am

WCS with a +41 in 23 minutes, absolutely amazing, his +/- +7.3 for the season, highest on the team.
I did NOT expect this kind of blowout.
Boban is such a nice guy, he was genuinely worried after his foul on Poole.
KhalilS
Rookie
Posts: 1,122
And1: 637
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#25 » by KhalilS » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:29 am

I hope RC continues the experiment of starting Burke, Mavs need and extra ball handler, and a player who can utilize Luka's gravity to penetrate from the weak side, JRich haven't been able to do that, Burke needs to play defense though.
41Dirk41
Freshman
Posts: 90
And1: 22
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#26 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:22 am

Great bounce back game by our guys.

Luka 39-6-8 in only 28minutes???
Completely destroy Steph.
Bob8
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,369
And1: 1,775
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#27 » by Bob8 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:35 am

This game was prime example, how things can look great, if shots are falling, Mavs, and disastrous, if they don't, Warriors. Not much more to say.
Archx
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,029
And1: 3,483
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#28 » by Archx » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:30 am

KhalilS wrote:I hope RC continues the experiment of starting Burke.


I hope he doesn't. :D He was 2-13 but obviously did a great job chasing down Curry, matching his speed. Otherwise i don't know where you can use Burke effectively. I even can't remember when was the last time Burke had a good shooting game in a win. Jrich is much better than him.
KhalilS
Rookie
Posts: 1,122
And1: 637
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#29 » by KhalilS » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:36 am

Burke can go off, really go off, never seen JRich ever come close to this.
His last good shooting was Orlando this year IIRC, but RC can redeem players, he is good at it, if Mavs get bubble Burke, it'll be huge, JRich has been worthless TBH.
leolozon
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,781
And1: 5,379
Joined: Nov 08, 2009

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#30 » by leolozon » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:57 am

dirkforpres wrote:
Mr B wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:Another L. All they have to do is throw Draymond/Wiggins on Luka and then let Steph burn us for an easy 60. None of these bums are coming to give Doncic any help as per usual, and Rick Carlisle is too stupid to figure out rotations or adjustments so... prepare for Steve Kerr to coach circles around him in a rout

This didn’t age well. Hahaha
You should go be a Clippers fan or something.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Oh because it’s now a crime to call out an underperforming team that you follow? I guess only the “real fans” can think it’s okay to lose to sorry teams like the Rockets and Kings as long as they’re fun guys to hang out with off the court. Get over yourself bro... beating up on a worse team than us isn’t as impressive as you seem to think it is.


No, but you are overtly negative. Even when they win easily, you're negative.
leolozon
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,781
And1: 5,379
Joined: Nov 08, 2009

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#31 » by leolozon » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:01 am

Do back to backs mean anything anymore? Yesterday, the Kings were on a back to back too.

It's nice to see the team starting well. I was wondering if the bad starts had to do with Luka just playing 6min in the 1st and not having time to readjust if he starts badly.
Pinkyring
General Manager
Posts: 9,519
And1: 5,755
Joined: May 28, 2016

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#32 » by Pinkyring » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:03 am

Mr B wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Rick wont even play rookies up 40 in the 4th, he's **** as a developmental coach

Mavs winning and you still bitch and moan. Shame


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I am
dirkforpres
RealGM
Posts: 10,178
And1: 4,956
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#33 » by dirkforpres » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:12 pm

Mr B wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Mr B wrote:This didn’t age well. Hahaha
You should go be a Clippers fan or something.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Oh because it’s now a crime to call out an underperforming team that you follow? I guess only the “real fans” can think it’s okay to lose to sorry teams like the Rockets and Kings as long as they’re fun guys to hang out with off the court. Get over yourself bro... beating up on a worse team than us isn’t as impressive as you seem to think it is.

No because you NEVER have anything good to say about them. You only speak up when they’re playing bad. As soon as they play well you disappear.

Maybe you’re just a “glass is half empty” kinda person.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Congrats if you’ve found a way to enjoy what is being called the worst NBA season in modern history.. the Mavs constant underachieving doesn’t help, and it’ll take consistency on a nightly basis for me to actually be impressed.

Glad some of you have such short memories, because I distinctly remember this team getting stomped by Sacramento (2x), Houston, and San Antonio all within the past few weeks.

I’m not going to get excited about an underachieving team going into the playoffs. You’re setting yourself up for disappointment, but good luck with that.

If the Mavs prove me wrong, I’ll be happy to eat crow... but they haven’t shown that they’re talented enough (except Luka) or mature enough to do that yet
FIRE RICK CARLISLE
BlueSan
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,575
And1: 606
Joined: Dec 13, 2017
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#34 » by BlueSan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:41 pm

Extremely happy for the win. To be honest was not expecting it.

However before we start pumping our chests.

Let us look at our last 12 games

1. Houston - L
2. Bucks - W
3. Spurs - L
4. 76s - L
5. Memphis - W
6. NY Knicks - L
7. Sacramento - L
8. Detroit - W
9. Lakers - W
10. Lakers - W
11. - Sacramento - L
12. - Golden State - W

1. Warriors were a much-weakened team
2. Lakers a much-weakened team
3. Lakers again a weakened team
4. We won against Detroit (wouldn't really brag about it)
5. Grizzlies (Weakened without J.J. - took a lucky shot and missed FTs to do it)
6. Bucks (Weakened without Giannis)


We LOST against
1. Kings (weakened Kings at that...very...even injured Barnes)
2. Kings (again another Loss vs the Kings...)
3. Knicks (the only team that is in form and you could say you actually have beaten a good one, but we didn't...)
4. 76s (good team -> easily dismantled by them)
5. Spurs (not the team they once were...but won over Dallas)
6. Lost against Houston (not something to be proud of)

So if we are being honest... we just got a bit of Good to forget the BAD but if you realistically look at the list we haven't WON against any team that wasn't severely weakened or was any good.
On the other hand, we got destroyed against 76s, beaten by Knicks, and lost games against San Antonio, Kings, and Houston, that on paper we "should have won"

So that is our current reality IMO before someone gets carried away.


Nevertheless, I will say it once again. I am still extremely happy about this win, but I still, don't think this team is good enough to make anything happen if they get to the playoffs and yeah, I still think they will face the play-in.
ejs78
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,444
And1: 283
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#35 » by ejs78 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:58 pm

Exactly how is a 6th seed underachieving?

Every team that's in the 6 to 8 range is very average to slightly above.

Boston had won 8 of 9 and now has dropped 4 of 5 with losses to the Bulls and Thunder.... sound familiar?

dirkforpres wrote:
Mr B wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Oh because it’s now a crime to call out an underperforming team that you follow? I guess only the “real fans” can think it’s okay to lose to sorry teams like the Rockets and Kings as long as they’re fun guys to hang out with off the court. Get over yourself bro... beating up on a worse team than us isn’t as impressive as you seem to think it is.

No because you NEVER have anything good to say about them. You only speak up when they’re playing bad. As soon as they play well you disappear.

Maybe you’re just a “glass is half empty” kinda person.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Congrats if you’ve found a way to enjoy what is being called the worst NBA season in modern history.. the Mavs constant underachieving doesn’t help, and it’ll take consistency on a nightly basis for me to actually be impressed.

Glad some of you have such short memories, because I distinctly remember this team getting stomped by Sacramento (2x), Houston, and San Antonio all within the past few weeks.

I’m not going to get excited about an underachieving team going into the playoffs. You’re setting yourself up for disappointment, but good luck with that.

If the Mavs prove me wrong, I’ll be happy to eat crow... but they haven’t shown that they’re talented enough (except Luka) or mature enough to do that yet


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
ejs78
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,444
And1: 283
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#36 » by ejs78 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:02 pm

Should have just added the extra 3 games and did the whole month.

W vs Knicks
W vs Wizards
W vs Jazz

Expect and when your a team of this caliber.
BlueSan wrote:Extremely happy for the win. To be honest was not expecting it.

However before we start pumping our chests.

Let us look at our last 12 games

1. Houston - L
2. Bucks - W
3. Spurs - L
4. 76s - L
5. Memphis - W
6. NY Knicks - L
7. Sacramento - L
8. Detroit - W
9. Lakers - W
10. Lakers - W
11. - Sacramento - L
12. - Golden State - W

1. Warriors were a much-weakened team
2. Lakers a much-weakened team
3. Lakers again a weakened team
4. We won against Detroit (wouldn't really brag about it)
5. Grizzlies (Weakened without J.J. - took a lucky shot and missed FTs to do it)
6. Bucks (Weakened without Giannis)


We LOST against
1. Kings (weakened Kings at that...very...even injured Barnes)
2. Kings (again another Loss vs the Kings...)
3. Knicks (the only team that is in form and you could say you actually have beaten a good one, but we didn't...)
4. 76s (good team -> easily dismantled by them)
5. Spurs (not the team they once were...but won over Dallas)
6. Lost against Houston (not something to be proud of)

So if we are being honest... we just got a bit of Good to forget the BAD but if you realistically look at the list we haven't WON against any team that wasn't severely weakened or was any good.
On the other hand, we got destroyed against 76s, beaten by Knicks, and lost games against San Antonio, Kings, and Houston, that on paper we "should have won"

So that is our current reality IMO before someone gets carried away.


Nevertheless, I will say it once again. I am still extremely happy about this win, but I still, don't think this team is good enough to make anything happen if they get to the playoffs and yeah, I still think they will face the play-in.


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
KhalilS
Rookie
Posts: 1,122
And1: 637
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#37 » by KhalilS » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:09 pm

It's not a championship team, there are many missing pieces (defensive big and additional scorer are the main ones), many redundant player you need to consolidate (Powell, JRich, Reddick are all unnecessary), but when the team gels, they are fun! This team went to the wire with the mighty Suns, all 3 games, beat Utah, Clippers twice (obliterated them once), Denver twice, and many other teams, OTOH, when they aren't hitting their shots it gets very ugly, I'm hoping for a 1st round upset, if Mavs manage to pull the Suns in the PO, it's possible, but for more than that, I'm waiting for the off season, I hope Cuban hire a professional assistant GM, the team has the tools to upgrade massively, but need a smart GM to do it.
dirkforpres
RealGM
Posts: 10,178
And1: 4,956
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#38 » by dirkforpres » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:49 pm

ejs78 wrote:Exactly how is a 6th seed underachieving?

Every team that's in the 6 to 8 range is very average to slightly above.

Boston had won 8 of 9 and now has dropped 4 of 5 with losses to the Bulls and Thunder.... sound familiar?

dirkforpres wrote:
Mr B wrote:No because you NEVER have anything good to say about them. You only speak up when they’re playing bad. As soon as they play well you disappear.

Maybe you’re just a “glass is half empty” kinda person.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Congrats if you’ve found a way to enjoy what is being called the worst NBA season in modern history.. the Mavs constant underachieving doesn’t help, and it’ll take consistency on a nightly basis for me to actually be impressed.

Glad some of you have such short memories, because I distinctly remember this team getting stomped by Sacramento (2x), Houston, and San Antonio all within the past few weeks.

I’m not going to get excited about an underachieving team going into the playoffs. You’re setting yourself up for disappointment, but good luck with that.

If the Mavs prove me wrong, I’ll be happy to eat crow... but they haven’t shown that they’re talented enough (except Luka) or mature enough to do that yet


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


Not really sure of your point, as Boston is well below almost everyone’s expectations coming into the year... and 6th place is definitely an underachievement for the Mavs when people on here were projecting at least a HCA in R1. How exactly is this years team any better than last years? Teams this young should be able to improve year in and year out, not just be maintaining the status quo.

I don’t blame the players though. This season’s shortcomings fall on Donnie, Mark, and Rick’s shoulders
FIRE RICK CARLISLE
SOUNDCHASER
Rookie
Posts: 1,033
And1: 135
Joined: Feb 11, 2013

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#39 » by SOUNDCHASER » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:03 pm

The team seems to be trying to cope with issues related to playing so much and not getting enough rest between games and we were weakened with out KP and J Rich so weakened schmeakened.

The team over achieved in its weakened state because they developed the talents of Powell and DFS in a game were we needed them so these games have allowed the team to find performances by the guys who are not normally counted on and that is a good thing to do prior to the play offs in order to help them gain more confidence and at the same time take some of the burden off Luka.

When this team gets KP and J Rich back we need to hope they are in shape because we won't have a lot of games left to rebuild the chemistry and get everyone on the same page.

Every team seems to be having issues with health except a few. The problems will correct themselves when we finally get some rest to help the guys recover from all the back to back games.

Play offs Denver is a better match up for the mavs than the Clippers if you ask me so I hope we get to 5th seed. It is not impossible to win against either team but we need our guys to almost play perfectly to do so.
Mr B
Head Coach
Posts: 7,369
And1: 1,730
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Warriors (9:30PM EST) 

Post#40 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:18 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
Mr B wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Oh because it’s now a crime to call out an underperforming team that you follow? I guess only the “real fans” can think it’s okay to lose to sorry teams like the Rockets and Kings as long as they’re fun guys to hang out with off the court. Get over yourself bro... beating up on a worse team than us isn’t as impressive as you seem to think it is.

No because you NEVER have anything good to say about them. You only speak up when they’re playing bad. As soon as they play well you disappear.

Maybe you’re just a “glass is half empty” kinda person.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Congrats if you’ve found a way to enjoy what is being called the worst NBA season in modern history.. the Mavs constant underachieving doesn’t help, and it’ll take consistency on a nightly basis for me to actually be impressed.

Glad some of you have such short memories, because I distinctly remember this team getting stomped by Sacramento (2x), Houston, and San Antonio all within the past few weeks.

I’m not going to get excited about an underachieving team going into the playoffs. You’re setting yourself up for disappointment, but good luck with that.

If the Mavs prove me wrong, I’ll be happy to eat crow... but they haven’t shown that they’re talented enough (except Luka) or mature enough to do that yet

If you expected a title this year then you’re the one that set yourself up for disappointment. Most of us here realize that building a title team takes time and our Mavs are not there yet. You ever hear the saying “Rome wasn’t built in a day”? And who says this is the worst NBA season? You? You just really be a miserable person that can’t find enjoyment in a game. Not everything is fire and brimstone buddy. The sky isn’t falling. Yes they lost to the Kings and Rockets but guess what, they also beat the Jazz and beat the Lakers in back to back games, not to mention just annihilated Steph Curry’s Warriors (who some here gave the Mavs zero chance of winning). My point is, lighten up. Your soggy diaper act is wearing thin.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Dallas Mavericks