BlueSan wrote:Extremely happy for the win. To be honest was not expecting it.
However before we start pumping our chests.
Let us look at our last 12 games
1. Houston - L
2. Bucks - W
3. Spurs - L
4. 76s - L
5. Memphis - W
6. NY Knicks - L
7. Sacramento - L
8. Detroit - W
9. Lakers - W
10. Lakers - W
11. - Sacramento - L
12. - Golden State - W
1. Warriors were a much-weakened team
2. Lakers a much-weakened team
3. Lakers again a weakened team
4. We won against Detroit (wouldn't really brag about it)
5. Grizzlies (Weakened without J.J. - took a lucky shot and missed FTs to do it)
6. Bucks (Weakened without Giannis)
We LOST against
1. Kings (weakened Kings at that...very...even injured Barnes)
2. Kings (again another Loss vs the Kings...)
3. Knicks (the only team that is in form and you could say you actually have beaten a good one, but we didn't...)
4. 76s (good team -> easily dismantled by them)
5. Spurs (not the team they once were...but won over Dallas)
6. Lost against Houston (not something to be proud of)
So if we are being honest... we just got a bit of Good to forget the BAD but if you realistically look at the list we haven't WON against any team that wasn't severely weakened or was any good.
On the other hand, we got destroyed against 76s, beaten by Knicks, and lost games against San Antonio, Kings, and Houston, that on paper we "should have won"
So that is our current reality IMO before someone gets carried away.
Nevertheless, I will say it once again. I am still extremely happy about this win, but I still, don't think this team is good enough to make anything happen if they get to the playoffs and yeah, I still think they will face the play-in.
Couldn’t you also say those teams beat a weakened Mavs team? Also at this point in the season what teams are 100% healthy? You can only play who’s on the court and I’ll never apologize for a win.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk