ImageImageImage

5th seed in sight

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

Bob8
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,465
And1: 1,801
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#41 » by Bob8 » Fri May 14, 2021 1:17 pm

Oscar9992 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Oscar9992 wrote:
Mavs are 5'th seed if they win last 2 games vs Raptors and Timberwolves... All credit to Suns.


Mavs need to win just 1 game to be 5th, if Lakers wins twice.


No, Lakers have almost no chance at getting 5'th seed. If Mavs win only 1 of remaining 2 and Blazers win their last only game Blazers will be 5'th seed cause they have tiebreaker over Mavs. They beat Mavs 2-1 this season.


No, if Mavs wins once, Lakers twice and Portland once, it will be three way tiebreaker and Mavs win that because they have won their division. One Mavs win and two Lakers wins is enough for Mavs being 5th no matter what Portland does.
41Dirk41
Sophomore
Posts: 194
And1: 49
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#42 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri May 14, 2021 3:29 pm

Thanks Covington.
Bnice5
Sophomore
Posts: 139
And1: 54
Joined: Oct 17, 2020
   

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#43 » by Bnice5 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:32 am

Wait so do we want the 6th seed now? Denver and LAC just flipped…
ejs78
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,544
And1: 326
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#44 » by ejs78 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:42 am

I assume Denver is going to rest everyone vs Portland

Clippers will likely rest eveyone too, but OKC needs a loss for better lottery odds.

May just come down to if Dallas can beat Minnesota
Bnice5 wrote:Wait so do we want the 6th seed now? Denver and LAC just flipped…


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Bob8
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,465
And1: 1,801
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#45 » by Bob8 » Sat May 15, 2021 6:33 am

ejs78 wrote:I assume Denver is going to rest everyone vs Portland

Clippers will likely rest eveyone too, but OKC needs a loss for better lottery odds.

May just come down to if Dallas can beat Minnesota
Bnice5 wrote:Wait so do we want the 6th seed now? Denver and LAC just flipped…


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


Or Lakers winning both games.
Oscar9992
Starter
Posts: 2,315
And1: 1,755
Joined: Mar 21, 2017
     

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#46 » by Oscar9992 » Sat May 15, 2021 12:46 pm

Looks like Clippers are losing intentionally just to play vs Mavs instead of Blazers or Lakers.
KhalilS
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,651
And1: 1,019
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#47 » by KhalilS » Sat May 15, 2021 12:49 pm

Clippers lost intentionally to make sure no Lakers possibility on 1st round, they do prefer Mavs/Blazers over Lakers.
Bob8
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,465
And1: 1,801
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#48 » by Bob8 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:04 pm

Oscar9992 wrote:Looks like Clippers are losing intentionally just to play vs Mavs instead of Blazers or Lakers.


It will be much more difficult to lose against Thunder.
JD45
General Manager
Posts: 7,850
And1: 228
Joined: Dec 28, 2003

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#49 » by JD45 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:16 pm

I think the Mavs would prefer Denver in the first round. And beyond that it doesn't matter if they are 5th or 6th. Looks like that will be decided after the Minnesota game, so the Mavs should just treat that game as a pre-season game. Let Luka and KP play together a little bit to work on their timing, then let the rookies and Boban finish up.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
ejs78
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,544
And1: 326
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#50 » by ejs78 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:51 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Oscar9992 wrote:Looks like Clippers are losing intentionally just to play vs Mavs instead of Blazers or Lakers.


It will be much more difficult to lose against Thunder.
Bob is right

A win by OKC takes them out of the tie for 3rd worst with Orlando. It then puts them in a tie with Cleveland & possibly Minnesota.

Clippers are really gonna have to try hard to out tank OKCs tank for Cade.



Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Bob8
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,465
And1: 1,801
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#51 » by Bob8 » Sat May 15, 2021 4:32 pm

ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Oscar9992 wrote:Looks like Clippers are losing intentionally just to play vs Mavs instead of Blazers or Lakers.


It will be much more difficult to lose against Thunder.
Bob is right

A win by OKC takes them out of the tie for 3rd worst with Orlando. It then puts them in a tie with Cleveland & possibly Minnesota.

Clippers are really gonna have to try hard to out tank OKCs tank for Cade.



Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


We need Lakers win tonight. It makes easier for Mavs to be 5th and in the same time desperate Portland against Denver.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 11,909
And1: 4,735
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#52 » by skywalker33 » Sat May 15, 2021 4:34 pm

Oscar9992 wrote:It all comes down whom Mavs want in 1'st round... either it's Nuggets or it's Clippers.


Like you're in control of it... :lol:
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
KhalilS
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,651
And1: 1,019
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#53 » by KhalilS » Sat May 15, 2021 4:41 pm

Lakers game in 20 minutes, a Lekers' win will make for a very, very interesting Sunday.
Bob8
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,465
And1: 1,801
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#54 » by Bob8 » Sat May 15, 2021 4:52 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
Oscar9992 wrote:It all comes down whom Mavs want in 1'st round... either it's Nuggets or it's Clippers.


Like you're in control of it... :lol:


Nobody has total control. But Mavs could decide to lose against Wolves, if other matches will be going in some direction. Mavs position is actually pretty good.
KhalilS
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,651
And1: 1,019
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#55 » by KhalilS » Sat May 15, 2021 5:53 pm

Good lord, the Lakers are back strong

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
fuller4379
Analyst
Posts: 3,259
And1: 952
Joined: May 05, 2014

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#56 » by fuller4379 » Sat May 15, 2021 6:32 pm

Looks like the Lakers are playing to win today. If the Lakers win today, then the Blazers have a must win game tomorrow to avoid the 7th.

Mavericks, Blazers, Lakers, Clippers, and Nuggets all play at 8 PM Central tomorrow. These four games will decide 4 - 7. Lakers could be 6 or 7. Blazers could be 5, 6, or 7. Mavericks could be 5 or 6. Clippers and Nuggets playing for 3 or 4.
fuller4379
Analyst
Posts: 3,259
And1: 952
Joined: May 05, 2014

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#57 » by fuller4379 » Sat May 15, 2021 6:36 pm

The winner of Grizzlies and Warriors will be 8th tomorrow. The entire West seeding will be decided tomorrow except Utah is 1, Phoenix is 2, and San Antonio is 10.
KhalilS
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,651
And1: 1,019
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#58 » by KhalilS » Sat May 15, 2021 7:37 pm

No way is Denver winning tomorrow, they'd want to avoid the Lakers.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Bob8
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,465
And1: 1,801
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#59 » by Bob8 » Sat May 15, 2021 10:08 pm

fuller4379 wrote:Looks like the Lakers are playing to win today. If the Lakers win today, then the Blazers have a must win game tomorrow to avoid the 7th.

Mavericks, Blazers, Lakers, Clippers, and Nuggets all play at 8 PM Central tomorrow. These four games will decide 4 - 7. Lakers could be 6 or 7. Blazers could be 5, 6, or 7. Mavericks could be 5 or 6. Clippers and Nuggets playing for 3 or 4.


Mavericks are 80% 5th, it looks unlikely that both Lakers and Mavs will lose tomorrow.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 11,909
And1: 4,735
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: 5th seed in sight 

Post#60 » by skywalker33 » Sat May 15, 2021 10:09 pm

KhalilS wrote:No way is Denver winning tomorrow, they'd want to avoid the Lakers.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk


Well, if you have to face them, might as well face them early before they rebuild any chemistry, health or momentum
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !

Return to Dallas Mavericks