ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST)

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

dirkforpres
RealGM
Posts: 10,178
And1: 4,956
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#21 » by dirkforpres » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:10 pm

I wonder if we will get a Bey v Bey matchup at any point tonight since Luka and DFS are out?
FIRE RICK CARLISLE
aggerrard
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,577
And1: 883
Joined: Nov 30, 2019
Location: Denmark
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#22 » by aggerrard » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:13 pm

aggerrard wrote:
leolozon wrote:
aggerrard wrote:But is this really the time to do so? Do you reckon Lillard are getting rested in one of the coming games?

Two days rest after todays game. Should've played him. Win or lose.


You do realize there are 30 days in April and they are playing May 1st?

Fri, Apr 30
@Detroit Detroit

Sun, May 2
vsWashington Washington

Oh, you're right. Messed up - seeing it danish time. Thought 29th - 2nd may. Two days rest. But it's only one day i see.

Doesn't change my opinion. Doncic should've played.
Archx
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,029
And1: 3,483
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#23 » by Archx » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:17 pm

zeebneeb wrote:Just as a reminder to Mavs fans, this Pistons team is not as bad as their record indicates, and that rookies starting lineup is actually pretty damn good. In interest to all parties involved, Luka had better play or your going to have a game on your hands.

You want the win, I would appreciate the loss.(big fat juicy draft pick)

Besides that, I love watching Luka play and if he doesn't, ill be pretty damn disappointed.


First 3 minutes says you are absolutely right :D... But i fully expect Mavs to make a run at some point.
ejs78
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,444
And1: 283
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#24 » by ejs78 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:21 pm

Have you ever seen an elite player play 5 games in 7 days?

Luka was going to rest at some point.
aggerrard wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
aggerrard wrote:As i stated. Two days of rest after the game. Should be no reason what-so-ever to rest your key-player in a must-win game when you're fighting hard for top-6. Would be so **** stupid to throw a game like this because of rest.

Should go full strength and get the job done quick and easy.


You need to win something without Luka to. I have read somewhere that Pistons will miss players who scored 70+ points in first game between them.

But is this really the time to do so? Do you reckon Lillard are getting rested in one of the coming games?

Two days rest after todays game. Should've played him. Win or lose.


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
leolozon
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,781
And1: 5,379
Joined: Nov 08, 2009

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#25 » by leolozon » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:27 pm

aggerrard wrote:
leolozon wrote:
aggerrard wrote:But is this really the time to do so? Do you reckon Lillard are getting rested in one of the coming games?

Two days rest after todays game. Should've played him. Win or lose.


You do realize there are 30 days in April and they are playing May 1st?

Fri, Apr 30
@Detroit Detroit

Sun, May 2
vsWashington Washington


Not sure where you're taking your info, but I'm seeing May 1st on espn and google. May 2 is the Kings.
aggerrard
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,577
And1: 883
Joined: Nov 30, 2019
Location: Denmark
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#26 » by aggerrard » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:29 pm

ejs78 wrote:Have you ever seen an elite player play 5 games in 7 days?

Luka was going to rest at some point.
aggerrard wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
You need to win something without Luka to. I have read somewhere that Pistons will miss players who scored 70+ points in first game between them.

But is this really the time to do so? Do you reckon Lillard are getting rested in one of the coming games?

Two days rest after todays game. Should've played him. Win or lose.


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

How many counts as elite?

Lillard have played 5 in 7, Jokic the same i guess. Zion/Ingram, Tatum/Brown, Murray, LeBron, Booker. Not sure how many, but i reckon some of them have this season.

Thing is. This is not a mid-season game. It's towards the end of the season, all games are important. Stupid if you throw a must win game. Better sit Doncic against Nets or something instead.
Bob8
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,369
And1: 1,775
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#27 » by Bob8 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:29 pm

Pistons are on pace for scoring 120+. Great D with both wannabe defenders back?
aggerrard
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,577
And1: 883
Joined: Nov 30, 2019
Location: Denmark
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#28 » by aggerrard » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:30 pm

leolozon wrote:
aggerrard wrote:
leolozon wrote:
You do realize there are 30 days in April and they are playing May 1st?

Fri, Apr 30
@Detroit Detroit

Sun, May 2
vsWashington Washington


Not sure where you're taking your info, but I'm seeing May 1st on espn and google. May 2 is the Kings.

Danish time they play the 2nd. 03:00 in the night. As i wrote in the next reply. Hence my mistake.
ejs78
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,444
And1: 283
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#29 » by ejs78 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:35 pm

None of these teams have had a 5 game week this year. The Raptors are playing 5 this week and obviously a different situation, but I don't think guys are going to be playing all 5.

Also SA and Milwaukee have 5 games the last week of the year. We'll see how that goes.


aggerrard wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Have you ever seen an elite player play 5 games in 7 days?

Luka was going to rest at some point.
aggerrard wrote:But is this really the time to do so? Do you reckon Lillard are getting rested in one of the coming games?

Two days rest after todays game. Should've played him. Win or lose.


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

How many counts as elite?

Lillard have played 5 in 7, Jokic the same i guess. Zion/Ingram, Tatum/Brown, Murray, LeBron, Booker. Not sure how many, but i reckon some of them have this season.

Thing is. This is not a mid-season game. It's towards the end of the season, all games are important. Stupid if you throw a must win game. Better sit Doncic against Nets or something instead.


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Archx
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,029
And1: 3,483
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#30 » by Archx » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:40 pm

KP played 10 minutes but only had 4 shots. C'mon, he was just jogging up and down, they have to feed him way more. Also, Brunson is so frustrating with his tunnel vision. You're a playmaker, give your team some open shots.
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 9,644
And1: 1,615
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#31 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:46 pm

Bob8 wrote:Pistons are on pace for scoring 120+. Great D with both wannabe defenders back?


Brunson provides zero D as well, and his 2-6 shooting makes him completely useless
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 9,644
And1: 1,615
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#32 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:47 pm

Archx wrote:KP played 10 minutes but only had 4 shots. C'mon, he was just jogging up and down, they have to feed him way more. Also, Brunson is so frustrating with his tunnel vision. You're a playmaker, give your team some open shots.


Exactly, one of the most selfish players in the league. And he can't defend a picture frame
aggerrard
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,577
And1: 883
Joined: Nov 30, 2019
Location: Denmark
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#33 » by aggerrard » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:48 pm

ejs78 wrote:None of these teams have had a 5 game week this year. The Raptors are playing 5 this week and obviously a different situation, but I don't think guys are going to be playing all 5.
aggerrard wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Have you ever seen an elite player play 5 games in 7 days?

Luka was going to rest at some point.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

How many counts as elite?

Lillard have played 5 in 7, Jokic the same i guess. Zion/Ingram, Tatum/Brown, Murray, LeBron, Booker. Not sure how many, but i reckon some of them have this season.

Thing is. This is not a mid-season game. It's towards the end of the season, all games are important. Stupid if you throw a must win game. Better sit Doncic against Nets or something instead.


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

They have. By a quick count from the stars in the west. Mitchell, Jokic tonight (if he plays against Toronto), LeBron, Lillard, Morant, Booker, CP3, Curry, Zion and Ingram. All have played 5 in 7 this season.
Archx
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,029
And1: 3,483
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#34 » by Archx » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:01 am

KP needs to google how to play defense. Holy **** :banghead:

Edit: Did Rick actually bench KP after 2 minutes? Lol...
aggerrard
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,577
And1: 883
Joined: Nov 30, 2019
Location: Denmark
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#35 » by aggerrard » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:01 am

And in the east - Butler, Westbrook, Beal, Tatum, Brown, Randle
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 9,644
And1: 1,615
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#36 » by daoneandonly » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:02 am

Without being able to watch the game, let me guess

KP guarding Stewart
Brunson guarding Frank Jackson

Am I right?
aggerrard
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,577
And1: 883
Joined: Nov 30, 2019
Location: Denmark
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#37 » by aggerrard » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:03 am

daoneandonly wrote:Without being able to watch the game, let me guess

KP guarding Stewart
Brunson guarding Frank Jackson

Am I right?

KP ain't guarding nobody :wink:
Archx
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,029
And1: 3,483
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#38 » by Archx » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:04 am

daoneandonly wrote:Without being able to watch the game, let me guess

KP guarding Stewart
Brunson guarding Frank Jackson

Am I right?


He got benched after 2 minutes :lol:
ejs78
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,444
And1: 283
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#39 » by ejs78 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:06 am

I'll have to go double check
aggerrard wrote:And in the east - Butler, Westbrook, Beal, Tatum, Brown, Randle


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
aggerrard
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,577
And1: 883
Joined: Nov 30, 2019
Location: Denmark
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#40 » by aggerrard » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:14 am

ejs78 wrote:I'll have to go double check
aggerrard wrote:And in the east - Butler, Westbrook, Beal, Tatum, Brown, Randle


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

B2B, rest, game, rest, B2B

Can be mistaken on some of them if they've played early on sundays. On ESPN they show the games on my local time - so might play late sunday = monday local time for me and then early sunday next week = sunday local time. In that case it's 8 days, but only shows as monday - sunday, so counted it as 7 days.

Return to Dallas Mavericks