Josh Green

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,396

Re: Josh Green 

Post#41 » by Mavrelous » Sat May 8, 2021 10:10 pm

Yeah, they were praising Powell/WCS play while demplishing them at the same time.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#42 » by leolozon » Sun May 9, 2021 12:30 pm

Mr B wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Mr B wrote:Why should Maxi have a reduced role next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maxi would have a reduced role if they could develop Bey some. This team lacks speed and athleticism. We are seeing what Green can do to a game and Bey can also do something similar.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

He’s got to show it in practice though. Right now Bey is nowhere near as good as Maxi is. Bey isn’t even as good as Powell right now. He will have to show a lot of improvement in Summer League and practice if he wants significant minutes next season.

Are you there during the practice? You seem to have knowledge about how he does in practice.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Josh Green 

Post#43 » by Mr B » Sun May 9, 2021 3:53 pm

leolozon wrote:
Mr B wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Maxi would have a reduced role if they could develop Bey some. This team lacks speed and athleticism. We are seeing what Green can do to a game and Bey can also do something similar.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

He’s got to show it in practice though. Right now Bey is nowhere near as good as Maxi is. Bey isn’t even as good as Powell right now. He will have to show a lot of improvement in Summer League and practice if he wants significant minutes next season.

Are you there during the practice? You seem to have knowledge about how he does in practice.

It’s not rocket science. If you’ve ever played any sport at any level you know that you HAVE to show it in practice if you want minutes during an actual game. Unless of course you’re Allen Iverson level talented. If you’re not showing up in practice why on Earth would the coach ever put you in a game? You have to EARN your minutes, no coach is just going to give you minutes just because, especially not at the NBA level. This isn’t t-ball where every kid gets a chance.

Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#44 » by Pinkyring » Sun May 9, 2021 9:08 pm

Mr B wrote:
leolozon wrote:
Mr B wrote:He’s got to show it in practice though. Right now Bey is nowhere near as good as Maxi is. Bey isn’t even as good as Powell right now. He will have to show a lot of improvement in Summer League and practice if he wants significant minutes next season.

It’s not rocket science. If you’ve ever played any sport at any level you know that you HAVE to show it in practice if you want minutes during an actual game. Unless of course you’re Allen Iverson level talented. If you’re not showing up in practice why on Earth would the coach ever put you in a game? You have to EARN your minutes, no coach is just going to give you minutes just because, especially not at the NBA level. This isn’t t-ball where every kid gets a chance.

Wrong this is a league where vets take priority period especially on playoff teams, im sure multiple young guys "show it in practice " but if you are on a good time and not a high lottery pick u probably won't play. Mellie and Reddick got minutes as soon as they got here without any time to show anything in practice. Along with all the other guys that get traded and play immediately.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#45 » by Mr B » Mon May 10, 2021 5:53 am

Pinkyring wrote:
Mr B wrote:
leolozon wrote:

Wrong this is a league where vets take priority period especially on playoff teams, im sure multiple young guys "show it in practice " but if you are on a good time and not a high lottery pick u probably won't play. Mellie and Reddick got minutes as soon as they got here without any time to show anything in practice. Along with all the other guys that get traded and play immediately.

No, I’m not wrong. You’re right too though. A veteran coach who’s trying to win a title is absolutely going to play the more experienced player, as he should. Especially if the rookie isn’t as good as the veteran player. If he shows in practice that he can bring it at the level he needs to then he’ll get minutes in a game. I would bet that Josh Green has been killing it in practice and that’s why Carlisle has been giving him quality minutes.

DrPampiloni
Junior
And1: 363

Post#46 » by DrPampiloni » Mon May 10, 2021 9:51 am

Lol, somehow I think you are both wrong. The NBA is clearly the league with the fewest amount of practice in the pro team sports world. It's basically on big training camp upfront and then just shoot-around, weights and film sessions the rest of the year. Josh Green is getting more minutes because he's staying ready and providing sparks on the court. On the other hand, if you trade for a player, you have to play him a lot, firstly because otherwise why would you trade for him, and secondly exactly because once the season has started, the amount of practice available to evaluate his fit with the team is ZERO.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#47 » by Mr B » Mon May 10, 2021 3:35 pm

DrPampiloni wrote:Lol, somehow I think you are both wrong. The NBA is clearly the league with the fewest amount of practice in the pro team sports world. It's basically on big training camp upfront and then just shoot-around, weights and film sessions the rest of the year. Josh Green is getting more minutes because he's staying ready and providing sparks on the court. On the other hand, if you trade for a player, you have to play him a lot, firstly because otherwise why would you trade for him, and secondly exactly because once the season has started, the amount of practice available to evaluate his fit with the team is ZERO.

Why you want to **** up a good conversation by bringing facts into it?

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,818

Post#48 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed May 12, 2021 5:36 pm

He was afraid to shoot but sit him for the first 3 quarters doesn't help his confidence.

I was curious to see him guard Morant.

Return to Dallas Mavericks