ImageImageImage

Will Carmelo Anthony pass Dirk on the scoring list?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Will Carmelo Anthony pass Dirk on the scoring list? 

Post#1 » by Absinthe » Thu May 6, 2021 1:28 am

I had no idea that Carmelo Anthony was shooting up on the all time points scored list like he has this season. It’s going to be a close call depending on when he chooses to retire and whether or not he gets injured. Just think, if he wouldn’t have pissed away good faith and if his ego would have allowed him to accept that he was no longer a number one option this wouldn’t be close.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,336

Re: Will Carmelo Anthony pass Dirk on the scoring list? 

Post#2 » by Mavrelous » Thu May 6, 2021 5:08 am

No chance, he's 4000 points away, he needs to play in his 40s, scoring 15 PPG, for 80 games a season to have a shot. I think he'll pass shaq and call it a day, this way even when Durant passes him he stays 9th and have a buffer foe more years in top 10 until Giannis/Luka/someone else pass him.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Thu May 6, 2021 5:39 am

KhalilS wrote:No chance, he's 4000 points away, he needs to play in his 40s, scoring 15 PPG, for 80 games a season to have a shot. I think he'll pass shaq and call it a day, this way even when Durant passes him he stays 9th and have a buffer foe more years in top 10 until Giannis/Luka/someone else pass him.
I think Melo will play until he's 41yrs old, but agree, it will take a miracle. I expect him to ring chase at some point. Which he desperately needs to win one.
He's a first ballot hall of famer.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#4 » by Absinthe » Thu May 6, 2021 8:37 am

I think he could easily play into his 40s. He had a ton of time off when he bowed out for a while and he hasn’t had a major injury yet. It’s unlikely but possible.

Return to Dallas Mavericks