ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST)

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

User avatar
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 8,687
And1: 26,343
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
     

RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#1 » by Dirk » Thu May 13, 2021 10:24 am

Portland randomly going on a streak and Lakers winning games they shouldn't win. *Sighs*
Image
..................................................
OTHER GAMES
.........................
Portland at Phoenix
Toronto at Dallas
.........................
LA Lakers at Indiana
.........................
Denver at Portland
LA Lakers at New Orleans
Dallas at Minnesota
43/17/13
dirkforpres
RealGM
Posts: 10,397
And1: 5,225
Joined: Sep 13, 2005
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#2 » by dirkforpres » Thu May 13, 2021 1:18 pm

That Blazers schedule looks pretty good for our 5th seed chances…. But then again I thought the same thing when they played Utah last night.

Let’s just hope the Mavs can take care of their end above all else.
FIRE RICK CARLISLE
leolozon
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,978
And1: 5,505
Joined: Nov 08, 2009

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#3 » by leolozon » Thu May 13, 2021 7:26 pm

I think that the Lakers winning could be a good thing, as it increases the odds of finishing 5th. To finish 7th, the Mavs would need to lose their last two, I doubt that it happens. If the Mavs lose 1 game, then the Lakers winning is a good thing. If the Mavs win their last 2, then the Lakers winning doesn't matter. Statistically, the Lakers winning is a plus.

It's all about Portland losing one game.
Bob8
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,465
And1: 1,801
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#4 » by Bob8 » Thu May 13, 2021 7:43 pm

leolozon wrote:I think that the Lakers winning is a good thing, as it increases the odds of finishing 5th. To finish 7th, the Mavs would need to lose their last two, I doubt that it happens. If the Mavs lose 1 game, then the Lakers winning is a good thing. If the Mavs win their last 2, then the Lakers winning doesn't matter. Statistically, the Lakers winning is a plus.

It's all about Portland losing one game.


Mavs need to win next game. I don't believe any of us want to watch must win last game against 6-4 Timberwolves.

It's very questionable how much interest Suns and Denver have in those games. Denver very probably 0, Suns might have some, but it's probably easier for Suns to dodge Lakers if they lose last 3 games. I hope Portland loses tonight, because I doubt very much they will against Denver.
leolozon
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,978
And1: 5,505
Joined: Nov 08, 2009

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#5 » by leolozon » Thu May 13, 2021 7:55 pm

Bob8 wrote:
leolozon wrote:I think that the Lakers winning is a good thing, as it increases the odds of finishing 5th. To finish 7th, the Mavs would need to lose their last two, I doubt that it happens. If the Mavs lose 1 game, then the Lakers winning is a good thing. If the Mavs win their last 2, then the Lakers winning doesn't matter. Statistically, the Lakers winning is a plus.

It's all about Portland losing one game.


Mavs need to win next game. I don't believe any of us want to watch must win last game against 6-4 Timberwolves.

It's very questionable how much interest Suns and Denver have in those games. Denver very probably 0, Suns might have some, but it's probably easier for Suns to dodge Lakers if they lose last 3 games. I hope Portland loses tonight, because I doubt very much they will against Denver.


Yeah, I thought that Utah was the most likely loss with Denver the least likely.

Portland has been on a roll. Playing bad against sub .500 teams are hurting the Mavs right now.
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 43,995
And1: 4,499
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#6 » by HMFFL » Thu May 13, 2021 7:57 pm

We have an 8-2 record in our last ten games. Toronto just wants the season to end as soon as possible.

Toronto tomorrow and Minnesota on the 16th to end the regular season.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
BlueSan
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,627
And1: 643
Joined: Dec 13, 2017
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#7 » by BlueSan » Thu May 13, 2021 8:39 pm

Just give me this win so I dont have to stress. Please... just this one. All I ask, nothing more...
fuller4379
Analyst
Posts: 3,251
And1: 951
Joined: May 05, 2014

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#8 » by fuller4379 » Fri May 14, 2021 4:35 am

Back in 5th.
Apz
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,697
And1: 451
Joined: Jan 18, 2019
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#9 » by Apz » Fri May 14, 2021 5:13 am

Portland really screwed that up. I was certain it was over when booker traveled with 6 sec left
metafisical
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,997
And1: 5,025
Joined: Jun 13, 2014
     

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#10 » by metafisical » Fri May 14, 2021 2:02 pm

Now that the Raps have the 7th seed locked up, the Raps could play their starters again. Not that it would guarantee a win for the Raps, but the unbridled tanking of games where the entire starting lineup is injured or resting is over.

This should be a fun game.
Archx
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,154
And1: 3,617
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#11 » by Archx » Fri May 14, 2021 4:05 pm

metafisical wrote:Now that the Raps have the 7th seed locked up, the Raps could play their starters again. Not that it would guarantee a win for the Raps, but the unbridled tanking of games where the entire starting lineup is injured or resting is over.

This should be a fun game.


Well Mavs are a strange team. The stronger Raptors lineup will be, i think the better Mavs will play :D
metafisical
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,997
And1: 5,025
Joined: Jun 13, 2014
     

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#12 » by metafisical » Fri May 14, 2021 5:04 pm

Archx wrote:
metafisical wrote:Now that the Raps have the 7th seed locked up, the Raps could play their starters again. Not that it would guarantee a win for the Raps, but the unbridled tanking of games where the entire starting lineup is injured or resting is over.

This should be a fun game.


Well Mavs are a strange team. The stronger Raptors lineup will be, i think the better Mavs will play :D


Sounds about right.
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 9,822
And1: 1,667
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#13 » by daoneandonly » Fri May 14, 2021 5:51 pm

metafisical wrote:
Archx wrote:
metafisical wrote:Now that the Raps have the 7th seed locked up, the Raps could play their starters again. Not that it would guarantee a win for the Raps, but the unbridled tanking of games where the entire starting lineup is injured or resting is over.

This should be a fun game.


Well Mavs are a strange team. The stronger Raptors lineup will be, i think the better Mavs will play :D


Sounds about right.


What do you mean Raps have 7th seed locked up? Was that a typo?
KhalilS
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,576
And1: 994
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#14 » by KhalilS » Fri May 14, 2021 6:16 pm

7th worst record in the league tbeir only competetion were the Bulls.
41Dirk41
Sophomore
Posts: 186
And1: 48
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#15 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri May 14, 2021 8:09 pm

Kyle Lowry (rest), Fred VanVleet (hip), OG Anunoby (calf), Pascal Siakam (shoulder), Rodney Hood (hand) and Paul Watson (knee) are all out vs. the Mavs
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 13,291
And1: 8,371
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#16 » by ducler » Fri May 14, 2021 8:34 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
metafisical
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,997
And1: 5,025
Joined: Jun 13, 2014
     

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#17 » by metafisical » Fri May 14, 2021 11:12 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
metafisical wrote:
Archx wrote:
Well Mavs are a strange team. The stronger Raptors lineup will be, i think the better Mavs will play :D


Sounds about right.


What do you mean Raps have 7th seed locked up? Was that a typo?


LOL, I meant 7th pick locked up -- not seed. Apologies...

In any case, our starters and some of our 2nd unit are out today anyway. Mavs vs. the Raps 'C' team tonight.
daoneandonly
General Manager
Posts: 9,822
And1: 1,667
Joined: May 27, 2004
Location: Masalaland
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#18 » by daoneandonly » Sat May 15, 2021 12:23 am

metafisical wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
metafisical wrote:
Sounds about right.


What do you mean Raps have 7th seed locked up? Was that a typo?


LOL, I meant 7th pick locked up -- not seed. Apologies...

In any case, our starters and some of our 2nd unit are out today anyway. Mavs vs. the Raps 'C' team tonight.


All good, unfortunately that doesn't mean much for the Mavs. They got swept by Sacramento and just list to Memphis's B team
ejs78
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,537
And1: 323
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#19 » by ejs78 » Sat May 15, 2021 12:47 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
ejs78
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,537
And1: 323
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs vs Raptors (Fri. 9PM EST) 

Post#20 » by ejs78 » Sat May 15, 2021 1:20 am

Harp

DFS may get all defensive team considerations

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Dallas Mavericks