ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST)

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

Who would you prefer?

Poll ended at Mon May 17, 2021 9:01 am

Clippers
2
13%
Nuggets
14
88%
 
Total votes: 16

leolozon
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,992
And1: 5,521
Joined: Nov 08, 2009

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#21 » by leolozon » Mon May 17, 2021 3:13 am

It would have been way more fun to play Denver. The Clippers lost in the last minute too.

I'm not excited to play the Clippers again.
ejs78
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,544
And1: 326
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#22 » by ejs78 » Mon May 17, 2021 3:15 am

I hope Poku cost OKC Cade

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Archx
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,177
And1: 3,658
Joined: Feb 09, 2018
   

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#23 » by Archx » Mon May 17, 2021 3:16 am

If Doncic was in tip top shape, i would have been excited to play LAC but oh well...
arkuo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,370
And1: 783
Joined: Jun 16, 2004

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#24 » by arkuo » Mon May 17, 2021 3:19 am

Pretty sure Morris is excited to see Luka again.

Key there is no stupid technical fouls to get thrown out again. Morris, Ibaka or Beverly would try to pull something like that again for sure. This is where Dallas could use a James Johnson TBH
ejs78
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,544
And1: 326
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#25 » by ejs78 » Mon May 17, 2021 3:59 am

Clippers in 6

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
BlueSan
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,628
And1: 643
Joined: Dec 13, 2017
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#26 » by BlueSan » Mon May 17, 2021 4:05 am

Disappointed with the approach and attitude of this game
ejs78
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,544
And1: 326
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#27 » by ejs78 » Mon May 17, 2021 4:12 am

Why
BlueSan wrote:Disappointed with the approach and attitude of this game


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
BlueSan
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,628
And1: 643
Joined: Dec 13, 2017
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#28 » by BlueSan » Mon May 17, 2021 4:26 am

If you do not take the game seriously enough, don't bring the energy, cause you are somewhat saving yourself for the playoffs you are already playing a dangerous game.
Momentum, winning mentality, ability to come out every night and work your ass off is something that comes with consistency.
I see no consistency here and it is sending me the wrong message about this team.

But I shouldn't expect anything different, cause they were doing it and showing it throughout the year.
Hats off to them for making it to the playoffs, they have played above my expectations, but they were also just a hair away from 7th spot as well, so I think the entire picture looks a bit nicer than it actually is.
ejs78
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,544
And1: 326
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#29 » by ejs78 » Mon May 17, 2021 4:33 am

I guess alot of teams are playing a dangerous game then
BlueSan wrote:If you do not take the game seriously enough, don't bring the energy, cause you are somewhat saving yourself for the playoffs you are already playing a dangerous game.
Momentum, winning mentality, ability to come out every night and work your ass off is something that comes with consistency.
I see no consistency here and it is sending me the wrong message about this team.

But I shouldn't expect anything different, cause they were doing it and showing it throughout the year.
Hats off to them for making it to the playoffs, they have played above my expectations, but they were also just a hair away from 7th spot as well, so I think the entire picture looks a bit nicer than it actually is.


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Bob8
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,465
And1: 1,801
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#30 » by Bob8 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:35 am

Only thing I don't understand is why they played Luka at all? It was totally meaningless game from the begging. Only good news is that nobody got injured. It hard to understand some tactics from Mavs, they sat Luka before All Star game in much more important game and played him yesterday in a game they didn't even know what to do. They look totally clueless to me.
KhalilS
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,656
And1: 1,019
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#31 » by KhalilS » Mon May 17, 2021 8:00 am

Bring on the Clips, last year bitch ass short center was a game changer for tbe Mavs, need to find a new weakness.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
User avatar
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 8,719
And1: 26,462
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
     

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#32 » by Dirk » Mon May 17, 2021 9:21 am

Hate playing the Clippers. And it's beyond boring to play them again.

It is what it is...
43/17/13
BlueSan
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,628
And1: 643
Joined: Dec 13, 2017
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#33 » by BlueSan » Mon May 17, 2021 9:40 am

ejs78 wrote:I guess alot of teams are playing a dangerous game then
BlueSan wrote:If you do not take the game seriously enough, don't bring the energy, cause you are somewhat saving yourself for the playoffs you are already playing a dangerous game.
Momentum, winning mentality, ability to come out every night and work your ass off is something that comes with consistency.
I see no consistency here and it is sending me the wrong message about this team.

But I shouldn't expect anything different, cause they were doing it and showing it throughout the year.
Hats off to them for making it to the playoffs, they have played above my expectations, but they were also just a hair away from 7th spot as well, so I think the entire picture looks a bit nicer than it actually is.


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


The Lakers were not, Blazers were not, Jazz were not, Nets were not, Warriors were not

Others were/are doing it yeah...

Oh and by the way, I prefer Clippers to anyone else. If you want to win it all, you have to win against everyone in a way and it would "hurt" much more if Denver without Murray would do the spanking, plus Campazo is going to be a nightmare defender
KhalilS
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,656
And1: 1,019
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#34 » by KhalilS » Mon May 17, 2021 10:38 am

BlueSan wrote:If you do not take the game seriously enough, don't bring the energy, cause you are somewhat saving yourself for the playoffs you are already playing a dangerous game.
Momentum, winning mentality, ability to come out every night and work your ass off is something that comes with consistency.
I see no consistency here and it is sending me the wrong message about this team.

But I shouldn't expect anything different, cause they were doing it and showing it throughout the year.
Hats off to them for making it to the playoffs, they have played above my expectations, but they were also just a hair away from 7th spot as well, so I think the entire picture looks a bit nicer than it actually is.
Why so gloomy?
KP had very late surgery and came back very hisetant.
COVID episode that left the team 9-14 and had to work their way up from there.
And still finished 5th.
Now, off season is where it matters for this team.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
KhalilS
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,656
And1: 1,019
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#35 » by KhalilS » Mon May 17, 2021 10:46 am

BlueSan wrote:
ejs78 wrote:I guess alot of teams are playing a dangerous game then
BlueSan wrote:If you do not take the game seriously enough, don't bring the energy, cause you are somewhat saving yourself for the playoffs you are already playing a dangerous game.
Momentum, winning mentality, ability to come out every night and work your ass off is something that comes with consistency.
I see no consistency here and it is sending me the wrong message about this team.

But I shouldn't expect anything different, cause they were doing it and showing it throughout the year.
Hats off to them for making it to the playoffs, they have played above my expectations, but they were also just a hair away from 7th spot as well, so I think the entire picture looks a bit nicer than it actually is.


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


The Lakers were not, Blazers were not, Jazz were not, Nets were not, Warriors were not

Others were/are doing it yeah...

Oh and by the way, I prefer Clippers to anyone else. If you want to win it all, you have to win against everyone in a way and it would "hurt" much more if Denver without Murray would do the spanking, plus Campazo is going to be a nightmare defender
Lakers and Blazers wanted to escape play in, Jazz wanted 1st seed...

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
fuller4379
Analyst
Posts: 3,259
And1: 952
Joined: May 05, 2014

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#36 » by fuller4379 » Mon May 17, 2021 2:18 pm

BlueSan wrote:Disappointed with the approach and attitude of this game



The game meant nothing to the Mavs. They had already locked a 5 or 6 spot. It was basically an exhibition game.
fuller4379
Analyst
Posts: 3,259
And1: 952
Joined: May 05, 2014

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#37 » by fuller4379 » Mon May 17, 2021 2:22 pm

KhalilS wrote:
BlueSan wrote:
ejs78 wrote:I guess alot of teams are playing a dangerous game then

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


The Lakers were not, Blazers were not, Jazz were not, Nets were not, Warriors were not

Others were/are doing it yeah...

Oh and by the way, I prefer Clippers to anyone else. If you want to win it all, you have to win against everyone in a way and it would "hurt" much more if Denver without Murray would do the spanking, plus Campazo is going to be a nightmare defender
Lakers and Blazers wanted to escape play in, Jazz wanted 1st seed...

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk


adding to it: Nets wanted 2nd and home court case Milwaukee. Golden State wanted 8th which gives them two chances to make the playoffs.
fuller4379
Analyst
Posts: 3,259
And1: 952
Joined: May 05, 2014

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#38 » by fuller4379 » Mon May 17, 2021 3:31 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
fuller4379 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
At least POR is a good team, why is MIN , a lottery team, kicking the MAV's butt ?


Mavericks have nothing to play for.


And the Nuggets do ??? Kinda looking like both LAC and DEN are trying to position themselves to play....DAL


It looked the the Mavs and Blazers were trying to position themselves to play the weak Nuggets as opposed to the Clippers.
BlueSan
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,628
And1: 643
Joined: Dec 13, 2017
 

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#39 » by BlueSan » Tue May 18, 2021 3:57 am

fuller4379 wrote:
BlueSan wrote:Disappointed with the approach and attitude of this game



The game meant nothing to the Mavs. They had already locked a 5 or 6 spot. It was basically an exhibition game.


So they decided to put Porzingis + Dončič playing in an exhibition game before the playoffs start and risk injuries?
User avatar
Speadge
Sophomore
Posts: 159
And1: 161
Joined: Dec 01, 2018

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Wolves (Sund. 9PM EST) 

Post#40 » by Speadge » Tue May 18, 2021 8:59 am

BlueSan wrote:
fuller4379 wrote:
BlueSan wrote:Disappointed with the approach and attitude of this game



The game meant nothing to the Mavs. They had already locked a 5 or 6 spot. It was basically an exhibition game.


So they decided to put Porzingis + Dončič playing in an exhibition game before the playoffs start and risk injuries?

Yeah, this was mistery to me too.

Like I said on our local forum day before those games, LAC and Denver won't do anything to win, Portland will do everything to win, so the best thing for Mavs would be to not bother much to win and hope that LAL will lost too, although this wasn't most likely.
e n a k o p r a v n o s t

Return to Dallas Mavericks