ImageImageImage

Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST)

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

XTraderXL
Rookie
Posts: 1,249
And1: 1,045
Joined: Dec 07, 2015

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#61 » by XTraderXL » Mon May 31, 2021 2:46 am

HMFFL wrote:
DJ_3_Ball wrote:
HMFFL wrote:Luka has been dealing with a neck strain (cervical strain). Have you not been watching the games?

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app


Correct. I'm asking do you think it's effecting him on the court or do you think he's just missing shots?

I have my opinion. Just seeing what everyone else thinks.
Yes, it's a big issue.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app


I had a similar injury a couple of weeks ago. You can play with it but you are severely limited. Certain head movements put a spasm in your back and arm. Luka is tough, he will play through it but he will be hurting.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,579
And1: 414
Joined: Dec 21, 2018
     

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#62 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon May 31, 2021 2:46 am

Dang. A 3 from Burke there would of been nice.

Still in a series where both teams have gone an entire have shooting 65+%, a 16 point lead isn't safe. Our 19 point lead wasn't safe last game.

Dear God, can we please find someone to play defense on Kawhi OR PG? At this point, I'll take just shutting one of them down. Please stop one of them!
Pinkyring
General Manager
Posts: 9,707
And1: 5,918
Joined: May 28, 2016

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#63 » by Pinkyring » Mon May 31, 2021 2:47 am

Hopefully this kills any thought of paying thj anywhere near 20m a yr
leolozon
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,992
And1: 5,520
Joined: Nov 08, 2009

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#64 » by leolozon » Mon May 31, 2021 2:48 am

DFS has been such a disappointment in the playoffs so far. THJ has been a no show 2 games in a row. Pretty funny after the discussion about him being a great 2nd option. It looks like he'll always never have consistency.
User avatar
Absinthe
Junior
Posts: 494
And1: 230
Joined: Jul 07, 2014

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#65 » by Absinthe » Mon May 31, 2021 2:53 am

leolozon wrote:DFS has been such a disappointment in the playoffs so far. THJ has been a no show 2 games in a row. Pretty funny after the discussion about him being a great 2nd option for this. It looks like he'll always miss consistency.


The Mavs will look like absolute fools in the future if they give THJ money. A streak shooter who plays broomstick defense.

And DFS is a bench player. He’s not going to make some giant leap next year. The Mavs keep on waiting around for that to happen and it never will.
ejs78
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,544
And1: 326
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#66 » by ejs78 » Mon May 31, 2021 2:55 am

Exactly

You wanna stay 15 tops
Pinkyring wrote:Hopefully this kills any thought of paying thj anywhere near 20m a yr


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
41Dirk41
Sophomore
Posts: 194
And1: 49
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#67 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon May 31, 2021 2:55 am

No way this team can win against Clips, we can't guard a chair.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,579
And1: 414
Joined: Dec 21, 2018
     

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#68 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon May 31, 2021 2:57 am

Ooooh Chuck just making one of his predictions the Mavs won't win another game. Basically just assured the Mavs one more win in this series. Chuck can't win a bet to save his life lol!
Pinkyring
General Manager
Posts: 9,707
And1: 5,918
Joined: May 28, 2016

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#69 » by Pinkyring » Mon May 31, 2021 2:58 am

ejs78 wrote:Exactly

You wanna stay 15 tops
Pinkyring wrote:Hopefully this kills any thought of paying thj anywhere near 20m a yr


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Hes not make or break at all there are plenty cheaper options that can replace him
fuller4379
Analyst
Posts: 3,259
And1: 952
Joined: May 05, 2014

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#70 » by fuller4379 » Mon May 31, 2021 3:01 am

My love/hate relationship with THJ continues. Today, I hate him. They need to replace him with someone more consistent.
fuller4379
Analyst
Posts: 3,259
And1: 952
Joined: May 05, 2014

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#71 » by fuller4379 » Mon May 31, 2021 3:03 am

We are severely lacking in the ability to protect the rim. The Clippers can drive to the rim at will.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,579
And1: 414
Joined: Dec 21, 2018
     

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#72 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon May 31, 2021 3:05 am

Absinthe wrote:
leolozon wrote:DFS has been such a disappointment in the playoffs so far. THJ has been a no show 2 games in a row. Pretty funny after the discussion about him being a great 2nd option for this. It looks like he'll always miss consistency.


The Mavs will look like absolute fools in the future if they give THJ money. A streak shooter who plays broomstick defense.

And DFS is a bench player. He’s not going to make some giant leap next year. The Mavs keep on waiting around for that to happen and it never will.


I don't want to beat a dead horse, and this isn't really the right thread for it, but give me Duncan Robinson > THJ.

Duncan Robinson will space the floor for Luka. Luka had a couple times in the 1H he could have gone to KP for a Pick n Pop when KP was open. But he didn't because he doesn't trust KP. Not the way KP has been shooting in this series. Duncan Robinson is a pure shooter, and Luka can trust him. I think that'll make a difference, if we're fortunate enough to get Duncan.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,579
And1: 414
Joined: Dec 21, 2018
     

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#73 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon May 31, 2021 3:06 am

fuller4379 wrote:We are severely lacking in the ability to protect the rim. The Clippers can drive to the rim at will.


Say it one time for the people in the back. Preach!
arkuo
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,361
And1: 777
Joined: Jun 16, 2004

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#74 » by arkuo » Mon May 31, 2021 3:09 am

This is why the Clippers ducked the Lakers. They get layup drills when they face the Mavs
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,579
And1: 414
Joined: Dec 21, 2018
     

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#75 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon May 31, 2021 3:12 am

I need to see Brunson out there. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a whole new 5. Send a message. Pick up the effort guys this is the PLAYOFFS!!!
XTraderXL
Rookie
Posts: 1,249
And1: 1,045
Joined: Dec 07, 2015

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#76 » by XTraderXL » Mon May 31, 2021 3:13 am

This game is over. RC should bench Luka, rest him for the next game.
leolozon
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,992
And1: 5,520
Joined: Nov 08, 2009

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#77 » by leolozon » Mon May 31, 2021 3:14 am

Alright, I can't watch anymore. They look like the worst team in the league right now which is typical of them and why I wasn't that excited after the first two wins. It wasn't one of those situations were the team who goes 2-0 is winning the series 93% of the time. I was only giving them around 75% to win even up 2-0.

Can you believe the team was up 19 in the first quarter of game 3? And RC had to sit Luka. :D I won't get over that one easily.

Oh well, let's hope Luka's injury disappears and the role players show up again.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,579
And1: 414
Joined: Dec 21, 2018
     

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#78 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon May 31, 2021 3:14 am

Are the Mavs intentionally avoiding passing the ball to KP??? He has 1 3pt attempt. He looks good. Stroke looks great and he's been wide open at least 12 times so far with no passes. Get KP the ball & let him rip it! (and you won't hear me say that too often, but right now is the time for it)
ejs78
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,544
And1: 326
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#79 » by ejs78 » Mon May 31, 2021 3:15 am

Another guy not worth the money.

1 dimensional player who can be figured out very easily.
DJ_3_Ball wrote:
Absinthe wrote:
leolozon wrote:DFS has been such a disappointment in the playoffs so far. THJ has been a no show 2 games in a row. Pretty funny after the discussion about him being a great 2nd option for this. It looks like he'll always miss consistency.


The Mavs will look like absolute fools in the future if they give THJ money. A streak shooter who plays broomstick defense.

And DFS is a bench player. He’s not going to make some giant leap next year. The Mavs keep on waiting around for that to happen and it never will.


I don't want to beat a dead horse, and this isn't really the right thread for it, but give me Duncan Robinson > THJ.

Duncan Robinson will space the floor for Luka. Luka had a couple times in the 1H he could have gone to KP for a Pick n Pop when KP was open. But he didn't because he doesn't trust KP. Not the way KP has been shooting in this series. Duncan Robinson is a pure shooter, and Luka can trust him. I think that'll make a difference, if we're fortunate enough to get Duncan.


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,579
And1: 414
Joined: Dec 21, 2018
     

Re: Playoffs 20/21 - G4 - Mavs vs Clippers (Sunday, 9:30 PM EST) 

Post#80 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon May 31, 2021 3:18 am

ejs78 wrote:Another guy not worth the money.

1 dimensional player who can be figured out very easily.
DJ_3_Ball wrote:
Absinthe wrote:
The Mavs will look like absolute fools in the future if they give THJ money. A streak shooter who plays broomstick defense.

And DFS is a bench player. He’s not going to make some giant leap next year. The Mavs keep on waiting around for that to happen and it never will.


I don't want to beat a dead horse, and this isn't really the right thread for it, but give me Duncan Robinson > THJ.

Duncan Robinson will space the floor for Luka. Luka had a couple times in the 1H he could have gone to KP for a Pick n Pop when KP was open. But he didn't because he doesn't trust KP. Not the way KP has been shooting in this series. Duncan Robinson is a pure shooter, and Luka can trust him. I think that'll make a difference, if we're fortunate enough to get Duncan.


Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app


I'm glad you don't work in the Mavs front office. That's a horrible take.

Return to Dallas Mavericks