ImageImageImage

Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here?

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

DallasMFFL
Freshman
Posts: 57
And1: 25
Joined: Jan 16, 2015
   

Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2661 » by DallasMFFL » Sat Sep 4, 2021 1:27 pm

Bob8 wrote:
DallasMFFL wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
The name of this thread is Mavs off-season. What should we talk about here, if not how we feel about this offseason? If they bring Dragic, I will see this offseason as solid, because Mavs will address the biggest need. If not, it will be bad offseason for me. What's is wrong with that? Who are you or a guy, who called us haters, to tell us what should we write here?

Mavs have Luka and that's more or less it, if KP doesn't preform miraculous comeback. I believe people in organisation, who are very well paid, should do their job the same like players in the court. And they were very bad in last years.

The name of this thread is “what do we do from here?” In other words what are some good moves that will make this team better. Future tense not complain about the past. I can start a thread about “what went wrong in the past” if you want. Again, you mention the people of the organization and we just changed out major people in the organization. And also, I agree with you getting Dragic will be good for the team but will not win them a championship. There we agree on something. :D


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app


We for sure don't agree about calling people haters for no reason.

Yes, we have new management but this year's moves, at least for now, looks very similar to previous years. Last year's hope was on Richardson, Johnson and some rookies, this year is on Bullock and S.Brown. And I don't even want to mention Kidd, who looks step back in comparison to RC. Sorry for my lack of enthusiasm, but I don't believe that Bullock, S.Brown and Kidd are the right and good enough answers for Mavs troubles. Luka is the only reason for this team looking solid, like would have looked every team in the world with him.

You make these same negative comments daily. We get it. Bullock and Brown are not big enough acquisitions, Kidd is a suspect coach, and Luka is good enough to mask the deficiencies of this team. You have made your point and voiced your displeasure. Every time someone writes something you just reply with theses same comments. Doesn’t even matter what the topic is. That’s why I used the term Hater.
Bob8
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,595
And1: 1,851
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2662 » by Bob8 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 2:18 pm

DallasMFFL wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
DallasMFFL wrote:The name of this thread is “what do we do from here?” In other words what are some good moves that will make this team better. Future tense not complain about the past. I can start a thread about “what went wrong in the past” if you want. Again, you mention the people of the organization and we just changed out major people in the organization. And also, I agree with you getting Dragic will be good for the team but will not win them a championship. There we agree on something. :D


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app


We for sure don't agree about calling people haters for no reason.

Yes, we have new management but this year's moves, at least for now, looks very similar to previous years. Last year's hope was on Richardson, Johnson and some rookies, this year is on Bullock and S.Brown. And I don't even want to mention Kidd, who looks step back in comparison to RC. Sorry for my lack of enthusiasm, but I don't believe that Bullock, S.Brown and Kidd are the right and good enough answers for Mavs troubles. Luka is the only reason for this team looking solid, like would have looked every team in the world with him.

You make these same negative comments daily. We get it. Bullock and Brown are not big enough acquisitions, Kidd is a suspect coach, and Luka is good enough to mask the deficiencies of this team. You have made your point and voiced your displeasure. Every time someone writes something you just reply with theses same comments. Doesn’t even matter what the topic is. That’s why I used the term Hater.


Am I wrong though?

I would like to hear, why we should be optimistic about next season? You're losing time/posts labelling others. Maybe you should write something constructive for change. Please put your arguments on the table. Or maybe you're just hating people with different opinion?
SOUNDCHASER
Rookie
Posts: 1,222
And1: 176
Joined: Feb 11, 2013

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2663 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sat Sep 4, 2021 2:24 pm

We are now ranked 4th best team in the power ratings in the west so we are in position to gain home court and get past the first round.

We kept from overspending on a free agent class that was said to be crap.

We are at least 2 deep at every position and 3 at some.

Luka KP and THJ are scoring punch enough to get us wins against anyone if we play hard enough on defense.

The Brownies and Bullock represent an upgrade at defense and 3 point shooting

If we add someone else when the time comes this season that we can do so then we will be perhaps moving up past a team or 2 depending how things shake out.

Competition at the top is PHO, LA and UTA so tough anyway you look at it. Lots of folks say LA Is favored to win it all in the west.

Do we wait till injuries take them out as it did their sister LA team? Will Paul in PHO show signs of father time getting the better of him? Utah has a chance as do we. In adding a 7'2" center to pair with a 7'3" PF we have the tallest front court in the league.

Does this position us to go further?

Depth has improved and if we are able to find one more piece we are a legit contender with multiple rings in the coming years.
41Dirk41
Junior
Posts: 482
And1: 117
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2664 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 2:39 pm

It's true, time heals everything...i'm really surprised that all the stuffs written after the PO exit change completely after a couple of small moves, and for the second year in a row. Wow. Incredible.
DJ_3_Ball wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:DDR to Bulls... Ball-LaVine-DDR-X-Vucevic...not bad.

There's nothing on Twitter about this. Nothing on ESPN. Apparently, 41Dirk41 just knows more than the rest of us.
41Dirk41 has an opinion = the word of God :roll:

DDR Finalizing S&T With Bulls
DallasMFFL
Freshman
Posts: 57
And1: 25
Joined: Jan 16, 2015
   

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2665 » by DallasMFFL » Sat Sep 4, 2021 3:57 pm

Bob8 wrote:
DallasMFFL wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
We for sure don't agree about calling people haters for no reason.

Yes, we have new management but this year's moves, at least for now, looks very similar to previous years. Last year's hope was on Richardson, Johnson and some rookies, this year is on Bullock and S.Brown. And I don't even want to mention Kidd, who looks step back in comparison to RC. Sorry for my lack of enthusiasm, but I don't believe that Bullock, S.Brown and Kidd are the right and good enough answers for Mavs troubles. Luka is the only reason for this team looking solid, like would have looked every team in the world with him.

You make these same negative comments daily. We get it. Bullock and Brown are not big enough acquisitions, Kidd is a suspect coach, and Luka is good enough to mask the deficiencies of this team. You have made your point and voiced your displeasure. Every time someone writes something you just reply with theses same comments. Doesn’t even matter what the topic is. That’s why I used the term Hater.


Am I wrong though?

I would like to hear, why we should be optimistic about next season? You're losing time/posts labelling others. Maybe you should write something constructive for change. Please put your arguments on the table. Or maybe you're just hating people with different opinion?

I can see that me calling you a hater is really bothering you so I apologize


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
JJP
Senior
Posts: 740
And1: 167
Joined: Jul 04, 2020
   

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2666 » by JJP » Sat Sep 4, 2021 4:12 pm

Bob8, no one is asking you to be optimistic. If you really read what was posted you'd know that.
Bob8
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,595
And1: 1,851
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2667 » by Bob8 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 4:36 pm

JJP wrote:Bob8, no one is asking you to be optimistic. If you really read what was posted you'd know that.


It's not about optimism, they're playing with fire here. Have you ever seen a team playing 82+ games season with 1.5 Pg? I haven't. It's not only bad for winning, but it's bad for your only real Pg too. Putting Luka in that position is totally irresponsible. And what if Luka misses more than just few games? They don't even have almost no one to bring the ball over the half court.

But if you're satisfied with this unbalanced roster, no problem with me, maybe they will find second Pg in next few years, it might really be too much for new management to do it all in first few months. ;)
Bob8
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,595
And1: 1,851
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2668 » by Bob8 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 4:52 pm

DallasMFFL wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
DallasMFFL wrote:You make these same negative comments daily. We get it. Bullock and Brown are not big enough acquisitions, Kidd is a suspect coach, and Luka is good enough to mask the deficiencies of this team. You have made your point and voiced your displeasure. Every time someone writes something you just reply with theses same comments. Doesn’t even matter what the topic is. That’s why I used the term Hater.


Am I wrong though?

I would like to hear, why we should be optimistic about next season? You're losing time/posts labelling others. Maybe you should write something constructive for change. Please put your arguments on the table. Or maybe you're just hating people with different opinion?

I can see that me calling you a hater is really bothering you so I apologize


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app


I don't care what you have called me, you have called half a board that, I just despise people who are labelling others, because they don't agree with them.
KhalilS
Veteran
Posts: 2,679
And1: 1,572
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2669 » by KhalilS » Sat Sep 4, 2021 6:37 pm

Bob8 wrote:
JJP wrote:Bob8, no one is asking you to be optimistic. If you really read what was posted you'd know that.


It's not about optimism, they're playing with fire here. Have you ever seen a team playing 82+ games season with 1.5 Pg? I haven't. It's not only bad for winning, but it's bad for your only real Pg too. Putting Luka in that position is totally irresponsible. And what if Luka misses more than just few games? They don't even have almost no one to bring the ball over the half court.

But if you're satisfied with this unbalanced roster, no problem with me, maybe they will find second Pg in next few years, it might really be too much for new management to do it all in first few months. ;)


1st of all, the comment made by the other poster was uncalled for, inappropriate and wrong, but you're jumping the gun, there is no way they are going to the PO without a PG, either there is a deal out there that gets Dragic and it involves Brown, or they made their peace with the fact there is not appropriate trade with TOR for Dragic, and they are waiting for TOR to find a player they like and join as 3rd team, or if they don't they buy him put, it is not OK to have Luka/Brunson as your PGs again for the PO, it is fine as a temp solution until the deadline.
DallasMFFL
Freshman
Posts: 57
And1: 25
Joined: Jan 16, 2015
   

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2670 » by DallasMFFL » Sat Sep 4, 2021 7:31 pm

KhalilS wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
JJP wrote:Bob8, no one is asking you to be optimistic. If you really read what was posted you'd know that.


It's not about optimism, they're playing with fire here. Have you ever seen a team playing 82+ games season with 1.5 Pg? I haven't. It's not only bad for winning, but it's bad for your only real Pg too. Putting Luka in that position is totally irresponsible. And what if Luka misses more than just few games? They don't even have almost no one to bring the ball over the half court.

But if you're satisfied with this unbalanced roster, no problem with me, maybe they will find second Pg in next few years, it might really be too much for new management to do it all in first few months. ;)


1st of all, the comment made by the other poster was uncalled for, inappropriate and wrong, but you're jumping the gun, there is no way they are going to the PO without a PG, either there is a deal out there that gets Dragic and it involves Brown, or they made their peace with the fact there is not appropriate trade with TOR for Dragic, and they are waiting for TOR to find a player they like and join as 3rd team, or if they don't they buy him put, it is not OK to have Luka/Brunson as your PGs again for the PO, it is fine as a temp solution until the deadline.

It’s not wrong or inappropriate to question your fandom when all you do is complain about a team that hasn’t even played yet. Just standing up for my favorite team.
KhalilS
Veteran
Posts: 2,679
And1: 1,572
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2671 » by KhalilS » Sat Sep 4, 2021 7:43 pm

DallasMFFL wrote:It’s not wrong or inappropriate to question your fandom when all you do is complain about a team that hasn’t even played yet. Just standing up for my favorite team.


I don't know what questioning fandom is, I personally watch and post on BB message boards for fun, throwing broad adjectives is inappropriate and calling people caring enough to spend time of message board is factually wrong, but hey, to each his own.
Bob8
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,595
And1: 1,851
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2672 » by Bob8 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 8:10 pm

KhalilS wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
JJP wrote:Bob8, no one is asking you to be optimistic. If you really read what was posted you'd know that.


It's not about optimism, they're playing with fire here. Have you ever seen a team playing 82+ games season with 1.5 Pg? I haven't. It's not only bad for winning, but it's bad for your only real Pg too. Putting Luka in that position is totally irresponsible. And what if Luka misses more than just few games? They don't even have almost no one to bring the ball over the half court.

But if you're satisfied with this unbalanced roster, no problem with me, maybe they will find second Pg in next few years, it might really be too much for new management to do it all in first few months. ;)


1st of all, the comment made by the other poster was uncalled for, inappropriate and wrong, but you're jumping the gun, there is no way they are going to the PO without a PG, either there is a deal out there that gets Dragic and it involves Brown, or they made their peace with the fact there is not appropriate trade with TOR for Dragic, and they are waiting for TOR to find a player they like and join as 3rd team, or if they don't they buy him put, it is not OK to have Luka/Brunson as your PGs again for the PO, it is fine as a temp solution until the deadline.


I don't know what they are doing, they might even be sure that they will get Goran, but no matter what this roster looks very unbalanced. It's not about Pgs only, it's about players with any kind of creative ability or even simple ball handling ability. In more or less all serious teams you have multiple players able to create for themselves and others. In Mavs you have Luka and Brunson, who can create for himself mostly, for vast majority of others you don't even want to take simple dribble. Getting Bullock and Brown is ok I guess, but it doesn't solve any of the real problems, which were painfully obvious in playoffs. And then we will hear that narrative again, how Luka has the ball too much, taking difficult 3s...What else can be done with those stiffs?
KhalilS
Veteran
Posts: 2,679
And1: 1,572
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2673 » by KhalilS » Sat Sep 4, 2021 8:15 pm

Bob8 wrote:I don't know what they are doing, they might even be sure that they will get Goran, but no matter what this roster looks very unbalanced. It's not about Pgs only, it's about players with any kind of creative ability or even simple ball handling ability. In more or less all serious teams you have multiple players able to create for themselves and others. In Mavs you have Luka and Brunson, who can create for himself mostly. For vast majority of others you don't even want to take simple dribble. Getting Bullock and Brown is ok I guess, but it doesn't solve any of the real problems, which were painfully obvious in playoffs.


It's Nico's 1st off season, and he came very late, if the Mavs get Dragic, I'd call it a very successful off season.
This Mavs team was totally depleted of assets, no picks, no option of trading future picks, no young guys worth mentioning, and to add insult to injury, KP's value was all time low.
They addressed wing depth, and they need another PG, next year they will see what they have in KP, they'll have more picks to trade, and hopefully, KP's value will be higher.
I don't think they are done though.
JJP
Senior
Posts: 740
And1: 167
Joined: Jul 04, 2020
   

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2674 » by JJP » Sat Sep 4, 2021 8:17 pm

I don't think any real fan wants to see posters constantly beat down the team. I don't anyway. There will always be some of that, and on a message board you roll with the punches mostly. But I feel no compunction at calling out posters who complain incessantly and merely re-hash earlier posts. That too, is part of the fan "opinion" and so I'm fine about saying so.

In the end, it will likely be up to me as I stated earlier. Guys like Bob8 will probably out-last me here. I have no patience for empty complaints repeated over and over.
DallasMFFL
Freshman
Posts: 57
And1: 25
Joined: Jan 16, 2015
   

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2675 » by DallasMFFL » Sat Sep 4, 2021 8:38 pm

KhalilS wrote:
DallasMFFL wrote:It’s not wrong or inappropriate to question your fandom when all you do is complain about a team that hasn’t even played yet. Just standing up for my favorite team.


I don't know what questioning fandom is, I personally watch and post on BB message boards for fun, throwing broad adjectives is inappropriate and calling people caring enough to spend time of message board is factually wrong, but hey, to each his own.

Lol. Are you that upset about me calling y’all haters? It’s not inappropriate because it’s not that serious. You say it’s just for fun, but then why are you so upset? Also, you should really research the word factually before you go throwing it around. This board used to be interesting until y’all started complaining about everything. You seriously just make the same negative comments over and over again. Enjoy your pity party. Can’t wait to root for my favorite team this year!
Bob8
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,595
And1: 1,851
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2676 » by Bob8 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 9:05 pm

JJP wrote:I don't think any real fan wants to see posters constantly beat down the team. I don't anyway. There will always be some of that, and on a message board you roll with the punches mostly. But I feel no compunction at calling out posters who complain incessantly and merely re-hash earlier posts. That too, is part of the fan "opinion" and so I'm fine about saying so.

In the end, it will likely be up to me as I stated earlier. Guys like Bob8 will probably out-last me here. I have no patience for empty complaints repeated over and over.


How is not doing anything with roster in last 3 years empty complaints? How is bringing 2 average wings and not doing anything about real problems of this team empty complains? Look at Hawks and Suns, who had worse roster and have supposedly picked wrong player in 2018 draft, but were able to somehow build much better roster around their top players.

Everyone hear can write whatever he wants. The funny thing is that you're irritated about complaining about management decisions, in the same time you're complaining about what some people are writing. Wtf? We all here are nobodies, writing for fun, on the other hand you have well paid professionals, who should be accountable for their work to fans.

Btw who is real fan? I believe someone, who watches more or less all games, mostly early in the morning, should qualify. Or maybe some wisemen from this board, like you, will decide who qualifies?
Bob8
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,595
And1: 1,851
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2677 » by Bob8 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 9:09 pm

DallasMFFL wrote:
KhalilS wrote:
DallasMFFL wrote:It’s not wrong or inappropriate to question your fandom when all you do is complain about a team that hasn’t even played yet. Just standing up for my favorite team.


I don't know what questioning fandom is, I personally watch and post on BB message boards for fun, throwing broad adjectives is inappropriate and calling people caring enough to spend time of message board is factually wrong, but hey, to each his own.

Lol. Are you that upset about me calling y’all haters? It’s not inappropriate because it’s not that serious. You say it’s just for fun, but then why are you so upset? Also, you should really research the word factually before you go throwing it around. This board used to be interesting until y’all started complaining about everything. You seriously just make the same negative comments over and over again. Enjoy your pity party. Can’t wait to root for my favorite team this year!


Isn't sad to waist a good % of your posts here for labelling people and complaining what they write about? Maybe you should rather make this board interesting again with good contribution from your side?
JJP
Senior
Posts: 740
And1: 167
Joined: Jul 04, 2020
   

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2678 » by JJP » Sat Sep 4, 2021 9:44 pm

Interesting read here from HoopsRumors

"Moses Brown is working closely with longtime NBA center Tyson Chandler to improve his game, Dwain Price of Mavs.com writes. Brown was traded twice this offseason and was forwarded by Boston to the Mavericks in the Josh Richardson deal. “He’s been helping Moses a little bit in the gym just to kind of help him get a feel for things,” Al Whitley, GM of the G League Texas Legends, said of Chandler. “So to have a guy like Tyson Chandler as a mentor – someone who is a championship player, who brings what Tyson brought to the court, his intensity, toughness, all those types of things – that’s now being shared with Moses.”
Pinkyring
General Manager
Posts: 9,993
And1: 6,150
Joined: May 28, 2016

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2679 » by Pinkyring » Sat Sep 4, 2021 11:52 pm

SOUNDCHASER wrote:We are now ranked 4th best team in the power ratings in the west so we are in position to gain home court and get past the first round.

We kept from overspending on a free agent class that was said to be crap.

We are at least 2 deep at every position and 3 at some.

Luka KP and THJ are scoring punch enough to get us wins against anyone if we play hard enough on defense.

The Brownies and Bullock represent an upgrade at defense and 3 point shooting

If we add someone else when the time comes this season that we can do so then we will be perhaps moving up past a team or 2 depending how things shake out.

Competition at the top is PHO, LA and UTA so tough anyway you look at it. Lots of folks say LA Is favored to win it all in the west.

Do we wait till injuries take them out as it did their sister LA team? Will Paul in PHO show signs of father time getting the better of him? Utah has a chance as do we. In adding a 7'2" center to pair with a 7'3" PF we have the tallest front court in the league.

Does this position us to go further?

Depth has improved and if we are able to find one more piece we are a legit contender with multiple rings in the coming years.

We aren't 2 deep at every position we don't even have a starting pf this team has a lot of holes
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 8,534
And1: 2,095
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2680 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 5, 2021 5:04 am

JJP wrote:Interesting read here from HoopsRumors

"Moses Brown is working closely with longtime NBA center Tyson Chandler to improve his game, Dwain Price of Mavs.com writes. Brown was traded twice this offseason and was forwarded by Boston to the Mavericks in the Josh Richardson deal. “He’s been helping Moses a little bit in the gym just to kind of help him get a feel for things,” Al Whitley, GM of the G League Texas Legends, said of Chandler. “So to have a guy like Tyson Chandler as a mentor – someone who is a championship player, who brings what Tyson brought to the court, his intensity, toughness, all those types of things – that’s now being shared with Moses.”

I know some here really don’t expect much from Moses Brown but considering he was traded for for Josh Richardson, all Brown has to be is he semi productive and he will have contributed more than JRich.

Return to Dallas Mavericks