ImageImageImage

Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here?

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

LAL1947
Pro Prospect
Posts: 825
And1: 373
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2681 » by LAL1947 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 8:27 am

DallasMFFL wrote:
KhalilS wrote:
DallasMFFL wrote:It’s not wrong or inappropriate to question your fandom when all you do is complain about a team that hasn’t even played yet. Just standing up for my favorite team.


I don't know what questioning fandom is, I personally watch and post on BB message boards for fun, throwing broad adjectives is inappropriate and calling people caring enough to spend time of message board is factually wrong, but hey, to each his own.

Lol. Are you that upset about me calling y’all haters? It’s not inappropriate because it’s not that serious. You say it’s just for fun, but then why are you so upset? Also, you should really research the word factually before you go throwing it around. This board used to be interesting until y’all started complaining about everything. You seriously just make the same negative comments over and over again. Enjoy your pity party. Can’t wait to root for my favorite team this year!

FWIW, I agree with you. If people repeat the same negative complaints over and over again... those type of posts are tiresome to read. I don't think you said anything offensive either or that you "labeled" anyone, lol. Cheers.
JJP
Senior
Posts: 740
And1: 167
Joined: Jul 04, 2020
   

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2682 » by JJP » Sun Sep 5, 2021 8:26 pm

LAL1947
Pro Prospect
Posts: 825
And1: 373
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2683 » by LAL1947 » Mon Sep 6, 2021 10:40 pm

Does anyone know where Malik Beasley is? Is he still in the league after the off-court issues? Is he in Minnesota's plans or is he on the trade block? If Dragic isn't possible, he might worth a look from the FO... if he can be gotten for a reasonable trade, something like Powell + Burke... since Spotrac says he's on $14.39m.

He can play as a combo guard next to Luka and THJ. In case Dragic does get bought out, the Mavs could still get and use him too.

Beasley, THJ, Luka, DFS, Porzingis
Dragic, Sterling, Bullock, Kleber, WCS
Brunson, Terry, Green, Moses, Boban

I remember watching this game Minny played against the Mavs last season and liked that he showed some competitiveness in it.

Pinkyring
General Manager
Posts: 9,993
And1: 6,150
Joined: May 28, 2016

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2684 » by Pinkyring » Mon Sep 6, 2021 10:59 pm

LAL1947 wrote:Does anyone know where Malik Beasley is? Is he still in the league after the off-court issues? Is he in Minnesota's plans or is he on the trade block? If Dragic isn't possible, he might worth a look from the FO... if he can be gotten for a reasonable trade, something like Powell + Burke... since Spotrac says he's on $14.39m.

He can play as a combo guard next to Luka and THJ. In case Dragic does get bought out, the Mavs could still get and use him too.

Beasley, THJ, Luka, DFS, Porzingis
Dragic, Sterling, Bullock, Kleber, WCS
Brunson, Terry, Green, Moses, Boban

I remember watching this game Minny played against the Mavs last season and liked that he showed some competitiveness in it.


Google is so simple to use
LAL1947
Pro Prospect
Posts: 825
And1: 373
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2685 » by LAL1947 » Mon Sep 6, 2021 11:11 pm

Pinkyring wrote:Google is so simple to use

That's a pretty good 41Dirk41 impression. :P
Maverick41
Junior
Posts: 409
And1: 123
Joined: Dec 26, 2009
 

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2686 » by Maverick41 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 12:40 am

LAL1947 wrote:Does anyone know where Malik Beasley is? Is he still in the league after the off-court issues? Is he in Minnesota's plans or is he on the trade block? If Dragic isn't possible, he might worth a look from the FO... if he can be gotten for a reasonable trade, something like Powell + Burke... since Spotrac says he's on $14.39m.

My understanding is that Minnesota is trying to put him in the B. Simmons package, both for salary matching purposes and because he's talented. I highly doubt Minnesota would give him up for the package you proposed unless they're desperate to get rid of the distraction.

Imo a package of Powell + Burke +2nd for E. Gordon might be more attainable. Not the sexiest trade but is a talent upgrade and would add a creator we desperately need.
LAL1947
Pro Prospect
Posts: 825
And1: 373
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2687 » by LAL1947 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 4:39 am

Maverick41 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:Does anyone know where Malik Beasley is? Is he still in the league after the off-court issues? Is he in Minnesota's plans or is he on the trade block? If Dragic isn't possible, he might worth a look from the FO... if he can be gotten for a reasonable trade, something like Powell + Burke... since Spotrac says he's on $14.39m.

My understanding is that Minnesota is trying to put him in the B. Simmons package, both for salary matching purposes and because he's talented. I highly doubt Minnesota would give him up for the package you proposed unless they're desperate to get rid of the distraction.

Imo a package of Powell + Burke +2nd for E. Gordon might be more attainable. Not the sexiest trade but is a talent upgrade and would add a creator we desperately need.

Well, since he just spent time in prison for his off-court stuff and has only been released recently... I'm hoping there's a "discount" to be had there. I think the Mavs could add whatever is needed to make it fair though, like Terry, Moses Brown, Green or 2nds?

Eric Gordon could be a decent alternative too. His age is a bit of an issue for me tho. At 32, he's not old but it's not ideal.
fuller4379
Analyst
Posts: 3,427
And1: 984
Joined: May 05, 2014

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2688 » by fuller4379 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 5:02 am

Read on Twitter


Bring back Yogi Ferrell? We need a guard.
SOUNDCHASER
Rookie
Posts: 1,222
And1: 176
Joined: Feb 11, 2013

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2689 » by SOUNDCHASER » Wed Sep 8, 2021 12:45 am

Lets dont and say we did.
LAL1947
Pro Prospect
Posts: 825
And1: 373
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2690 » by LAL1947 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 8:33 am

Nikola Mirotic's club, FC Barcelona, are having financial difficulties and have been reducing their payroll by asking players to take a pay cut. It's happening a lot in the soccer world. The difficulties are what caused them not to re-sign Lionel Messi and let him leave to join Paris St Germain for free.

https://www.marca.com/baloncesto/acb/2021/09/08/61386f29268e3e05658b45ec.html

Anyway, Mirotic is on a $4.5m salary and they're asking him to reduce it, which might open the door for an NBA team to try signing him for a similar amount. I think he will still be useful as a stretch 4-5 and he's still only 30. What about y'all, could he have a place on the Mavs roster today?

JJP
Senior
Posts: 740
And1: 167
Joined: Jul 04, 2020
   

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2691 » by JJP » Wed Sep 8, 2021 7:08 pm

Mirotic was a solid role player with a good long-distance shot for a PF.

I'm not sure how he looks now... but if he's around for that cheap, I'd probably do it just because PF is his natural spot, and getting 3-point shots is his game.
Bob8
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,595
And1: 1,851
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2692 » by Bob8 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 9:12 pm

LAL1947 wrote:Nikola Mirotic's club, FC Barcelona, are having financial difficulties and have been reducing their payroll by asking players to take a pay cut. It's happening a lot in the soccer world. The difficulties are what caused them not to re-sign Lionel Messi and let him leave to join Paris St Germain for free.

https://www.marca.com/baloncesto/acb/2021/09/08/61386f29268e3e05658b45ec.html

Anyway, Mirotic is on a $4.5m salary and they're asking him to reduce it, which might open the door for an NBA team to try signing him for a similar amount. I think he will still be useful as a stretch 4-5 and he's still only 30. What about y'all, could he have a place on the Mavs roster today?



Do you know that salaries in Europe are net?
LAL1947
Pro Prospect
Posts: 825
And1: 373
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2693 » by LAL1947 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 10:14 pm

Bob8 wrote:Do you know that salaries in Europe are net?

No, I didn't, thanks! So what is the gross, $6.4m?
Bob8
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,595
And1: 1,851
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2694 » by Bob8 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 10:38 pm

LAL1947 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:Do you know that salaries in Europe are net?

No, I didn't, thanks! So what is the gross, $6.4m?


His salary is in € and then you have to multiple by 2. And don't forget, he's a star there. Mirotic is not coming back, believe me.
Maverick41
Junior
Posts: 409
And1: 123
Joined: Dec 26, 2009
 

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2695 » by Maverick41 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 10:44 pm

If Mirotic were willing to sign for the vet-minimum, absolutely. I doubt he would but would be ecstatic if he did.
LAL1947
Pro Prospect
Posts: 825
And1: 373
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2696 » by LAL1947 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 10:45 pm

Bob8 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:Do you know that salaries in Europe are net?

No, I didn't, thanks! So what is the gross, $6.4m?


His salary is in € and then you have to multiple by 2. And don't forget, he's a star there. Mirotic is not coming back, believe me.

Okay. Just found an article on Eurohoops that says he's on €3.8m net and "taxation in the second year of Mirotic’s contract is 44%".

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/trademarks/1092125/the-top10-euroleague-salaries-of-2020-21/
Bob8
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,595
And1: 1,851
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2697 » by Bob8 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 10:49 pm

LAL1947 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:No, I didn't, thanks! So what is the gross, $6.4m?


His salary is in € and then you have to multiple by 2. And don't forget, he's a star there. Mirotic is not coming back, believe me.

Okay. Just found an article on Eurohoops that says he's on €3.8m net and "taxation in the second year of Mirotic’s contract is 44%".

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/trademarks/1092125/the-top10-euroleague-salaries-of-2020-21/


Eurohoops more or less admit that they don't have a clue and even they say you have to multiply by 2. That's around 10 mio and he likes to be in Europe much more.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/trademarks/1240837/the-top-10-euroleague-salaries-of-2021-22/
SOUNDCHASER
Rookie
Posts: 1,222
And1: 176
Joined: Feb 11, 2013

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2698 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:07 pm

No need we have KP Kleber and Powell plus a project in Onu to develop. Brown Boban and Willie are the centers.
JJP
Senior
Posts: 740
And1: 167
Joined: Jul 04, 2020
   

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2699 » by JJP » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:27 am

SOUNDCHASER wrote:No need we have KP Kleber and Powell plus a project in Onu to develop. Brown Boban and Willie are the centers.


Powell isn't a PF. He may play in certain situations with Porzingas, but he will be the center in that case. When Powell is not starting, Porzingas will likely be the center. WCS will come off the bench. Boban will only play short minutes in certain situations.

I'm certain Brown won't see any action early in the season... unless players get hurt.

So the center position will be Porzingas, Powell, and Stein. Mirotic is a straight up power forward. He would be the only natural PF on the roster... unless you want to include DFS as a natural PF.
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 8,534
And1: 2,095
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2700 » by Mr B » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:33 am

Image

2021 court design

Return to Dallas Mavericks