ImageImageImage

What Do You Think Of Reggie Bullock?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Re: What Do You Think Of Reggie Bullock? 

Post#21 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:11 pm

If we go further than last season the move is genius if not it was a lateral move. Personally I’m glad he’s here and I’d like to see both him and sterling knocking down 3’s like crazy.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#22 » by Nazrmohamed » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:04 am

LAL1947 wrote:Bullock says playing against Mavericks made him want to play for them.

“Being with the Knicks last year — we made it to the playoffs — but I see [Dallas] as a team that has taken that next step to be in the postseason,” Bullock said. “I felt like the skill set that I have was easy for me to be able to make this move to be able to come back down here and be around a great organization and a great city around great fans and just bring my game here.”

Bullock makes the Mavericks better. And he is where he wants to be. :thumbsup:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/bullock-says-playing-against-mavericks-made-him-want-to-play-for-them/ar-AAOaymk

As a Knick fan I suppose I should be offended but I can't cuz he was such a good dude and I know he's saying what he's supposed to say going to his new team.

Bullock does have his flaws like shot creation which is nonexistent but he will defend the other teams best perimeter player and hit his shots. What I like about those shots is its not just some guy standing in the corner, he's good at timing his routes and just plays well off of other dominant ball handlers and scorers.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,812

Post#23 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:30 pm

Thanks!

Basically a DFS 2.0,maybe Better defender and worse rebounder... nothing new.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,006

Post#24 » by HMFFL » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:42 pm

Bullock is simply a role player so I don't expect him to put us on his back and shouldn't be expected too.

He will provide energy and do what's asked. I look forward to him having a good season with us.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:54 pm

Yes of course, the problem exists when he is your big sign in the FA...
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#26 » by malik959 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:24 am

Very underrated defender in this league who can guard anyone from 1-3. Great catch and shoot and can easily get to his spot on the floor and needs very little time to get his shot up. The problem with him is putting the ball on the floor and scoring consistency. He can have a great night where the three ball comes easy and others where it’s like he’s not even on the court. I believe Evan Fournier will be the better offensive option for the Knicks, but we will surely miss his defense. Now today I see you also picked up Frank. To me Frank is just Bullocks little brother, but Frank’s main problem is being drafted to an impatient franchise and playing with too much pressure in a big city. If he would have started out in a place like Charlotte, Memphis, or Sac town I believe we would be looking at a completely different player with more confidence. Good luck to the both of them. Wow are you guys becoming the Dallas Knicks? JK, but good luck to them.
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:36 pm

KP THJ Bullock Frank Burke that is 5 knicks so far you guys have to take something back so how about we send Powell your way and maybe you give us something we could develop and use at SF.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 847

Post#28 » by Teffer10 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:49 pm

malik959 wrote:Very underrated defender in this league who can guard anyone from 1-3. Great catch and shoot and can easily get to his spot on the floor and needs very little time to get his shot up. The problem with him is putting the ball on the floor and scoring consistency. He can have a great night where the three ball comes easy and others where it’s like he’s not even on the court. I believe Evan Fournier will be the better offensive option for the Knicks, but we will surely miss his defense. Now today I see you also picked up Frank. To me Frank is just Bullocks little brother, but Frank’s main problem is being drafted to an impatient franchise and playing with too much pressure in a big city. If he would have started out in a place like Charlotte, Memphis, or Sac town I believe we would be looking at a completely different player with more confidence. Good luck to the both of them. Wow are you guys becoming the Dallas Knicks? JK, but good luck to them.

I think Frank can become a nice piece for us. We could use another perimeter defender and hopefully playing with a playmaker the caliber of Luka will improve his game.
I'm excited about having both going into camp and hopefully KP can get back to his old Knick form this season.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#29 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:35 pm

KhalilS wrote:The 1st 2 moves by Nico (Bullock and Brown) were something you want from your FO, find a player under the radar, who's affordable, especially in limited resources team like the Mavs, and a good fit.
I like the signing a lot.

Mavs have been good at that recently tbh. Bobi, WCS, Burke, Curry, Delon, Ntilikina, Moses Brown, Sterling Brown, and now Bullock. Solid gets for sure.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:40 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Yes of course, the problem exists when he is your big sign in the FA...

for sure, but he makes the team better, and that's important. The Mavs may make a trade during the season though.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#31 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:52 pm

Nice hair fasho. I like his 3D play better though. :wink:
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man

Post#32 » by SOUNDCHASER » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:35 am

Corner threeeeeeees 45%
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:05 am

HairyGOATee wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:Yes of course, the problem exists when he is your big sign in the FA...

for sure, but he makes the team better, and that's important. The Mavs may make a trade during the season though.

Slighty better, he and DFS are basically the same player. He is a bench improve and a replace if he get injured.
I don't think they can stay together on the court in the PO because are too limited offensively...they can't pass, they can't dribble, they can't attack the rim and they can't create thier own shoot.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#34 » by XTraderXL » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:03 am

Funny read. Everyone except Darren were wrong :)
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#35 » by ejs78 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:23 am

XTraderXL wrote:Funny read. Everyone except Darren were wrong :)
Said he was a solid add after seeing him here in Detroit for a few years. Mind boggling to why he can't knock down a shot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#36 » by arkuo » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:32 am

Is Reggie better or worst than Josh Richardson?
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#37 » by XTraderXL » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:33 am

ejs78 wrote:
Said he was a solid add after seeing him here in Detroit for a few years. Mind boggling to why he can't knock down a shot.

The only way for him is up. He cant be worse than he is right now.

I could never understand how so many people here thought of him as some difference maker. My opinion was that this team is at best on the same level as last years team, probably a little worse. Mainly due to coaching.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#38 » by ejs78 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:59 am

XTraderXL wrote:
ejs78 wrote:

The only way for him is up. He cant be worse than he is right now.

I could never understand how so many people here thought of him as some difference maker. My opinion was that this team is at best on the same level as last years team, probably a little worse. Mainly due to coaching.
Difference maker no way, but he should be able to slide into the Mavs offense and do what he did last year in NY where we all know how many offensive struggles they can have. Bullock has had so many games over the past few years with 3+ triples.... I'll take 1 at this point.

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:43 am

A mediocre journeyman paied 10M per year... Good move Mark.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#40 » by LAL1947 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:07 am

arkuo wrote:Is Reggie better or worst than Josh Richardson?

Haha, I saw a post on Reddit which might help answer this question.

Return to Dallas Mavericks