ImageImageImage

What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most?

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 8,534
And1: 2,095
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#21 » by Mr B » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:23 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 8,534
And1: 2,095
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#22 » by Mr B » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:25 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
41Dirk41
Junior
Posts: 475
And1: 117
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#23 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:36 pm

Good attitude... Moses is for real.
DJ_3_Ball wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:DDR to Bulls... Ball-LaVine-DDR-X-Vucevic...not bad.

There's nothing on Twitter about this. Nothing on ESPN. Apparently, 41Dirk41 just knows more than the rest of us.
41Dirk41 has an opinion = the word of God :roll:

DDR Finalizing S&T With Bulls
SOUNDCHASER
Rookie
Posts: 1,222
And1: 176
Joined: Feb 11, 2013

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#24 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:31 am

If he develops into a starter like we need him to then we will have conducted the best trade since Luka was acquired. I cannot think of another trade conducted since then that can be considered as decent as this one was.
deb
Junior
Posts: 440
And1: 388
Joined: May 27, 2014
Location: Slovenia

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#25 » by deb » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:30 pm

SOUNDCHASER wrote:If he develops into a starter like we need him to then we will have conducted the best trade since Luka was acquired. I cannot think of another trade conducted since then that can be considered as decent as this one was.


I mean, wait at least until he plays a game for the mavs until blowing his horn this hard, please?

The mavs had to take on salary for the Celtics to accept the trade. It wasn't the mavs' goal to get him. Even if he becomes a really good player it will be more luck than anything else on the mavs part.
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 8,534
And1: 2,095
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#26 » by Mr B » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:52 pm

deb wrote:
SOUNDCHASER wrote:If he develops into a starter like we need him to then we will have conducted the best trade since Luka was acquired. I cannot think of another trade conducted since then that can be considered as decent as this one was.


I mean, wait at least until he plays a game for the mavs until blowing his horn this hard, please?

The mavs had to take on salary for the Celtics to accept the trade. It wasn't the mavs' goal to get him. Even if he becomes a really good player it will be more luck than anything else on the mavs part.

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SOUNDCHASER
Rookie
Posts: 1,222
And1: 176
Joined: Feb 11, 2013

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#27 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:11 am

Mr B wrote:
deb wrote:
SOUNDCHASER wrote:If he develops into a starter like we need him to then we will have conducted the best trade since Luka was acquired. I cannot think of another trade conducted since then that can be considered as decent as this one was.


I mean, wait at least until he plays a game for the mavs until blowing his horn this hard, please?

The mavs had to take on salary for the Celtics to accept the trade. It wasn't the mavs' goal to get him. Even if he becomes a really good player it will be more luck than anything else on the mavs part.

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luck trumps unlucky everytime

if you got a guy that can do near double doubles on rebounding and scoring at center with any team in the league good or bad it does not matter because when your talking 5's nobody runs the game through their center unless they have a star like an Embid or Ayton or Towns or someone like that. So when someone accidentally starts to produce he is doing that without the reputation and without them running plays for him then yeah you consider that a special player starting to break out who just decides to perform to the level of nearly getting a double double and he is not a recognized player that they consider their star. That is a find and we got him essentially for nada. I am glad we got lucky enough that he landed here it is going to be so fun when he develops into what he eventually becomes.
Bob8
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,595
And1: 1,851
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#28 » by Bob8 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:58 am

SOUNDCHASER wrote:
Mr B wrote:
deb wrote:
I mean, wait at least until he plays a game for the mavs until blowing his horn this hard, please?

The mavs had to take on salary for the Celtics to accept the trade. It wasn't the mavs' goal to get him. Even if he becomes a really good player it will be more luck than anything else on the mavs part.

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luck trumps unlucky everytime

if you got a guy that can do near double doubles on rebounding and scoring at center with any team in the league good or bad it does not matter because when your talking 5's nobody runs the game through their center unless they have a star like an Embid or Ayton or Towns or someone like that. So when someone accidentally starts to produce he is doing that without the reputation and without them running plays for him then yeah you consider that a special player starting to break out who just decides to perform to the level of nearly getting a double double and he is not a recognized player that they consider their star. That is a find and we got him essentially for nada. I am glad we got lucky enough that he landed here it is going to be so fun when he develops into what he eventually becomes.


Interesting enough no one before Mavs was interesting in getting lucky with Brown. Not in draft and not in his first 3 clubs in Nba. I guess Mavs are really extremely lucky. ;)

Listening how a player, who has never even attempted 3 points shot in his college or professional career, wants to play similarly to Dirk and KP is hilarious. 98.8% of his shots was from 10 ft or less.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,504
And1: 396
Joined: Jun 07, 2019
         

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#29 » by HairyGOATee » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:17 am

I hope they develop him into a legit starter.
Teffer10
Head Coach
Posts: 6,126
And1: 498
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
     

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#30 » by Teffer10 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:33 pm

Bob8 wrote:
SOUNDCHASER wrote:
Mr B wrote:Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luck trumps unlucky everytime

if you got a guy that can do near double doubles on rebounding and scoring at center with any team in the league good or bad it does not matter because when your talking 5's nobody runs the game through their center unless they have a star like an Embid or Ayton or Towns or someone like that. So when someone accidentally starts to produce he is doing that without the reputation and without them running plays for him then yeah you consider that a special player starting to break out who just decides to perform to the level of nearly getting a double double and he is not a recognized player that they consider their star. That is a find and we got him essentially for nada. I am glad we got lucky enough that he landed here it is going to be so fun when he develops into what he eventually becomes.


Interesting enough no one before Mavs was interesting in getting lucky with Brown. Not in draft and not in his first 3 clubs in Nba. I guess Mavs are really extremely lucky. ;)

Listening how a player, who has never even attempted 3 points shot in his college or professional career, wants to play similarly to Dirk and KP is hilarious. 98.8% of his shots was from 10 ft or less.

Brown should emulate Tyson before trying to become the next Dirk.
Brown will be a non-factor this season and his only value will be as salary filler throw-in in some type of trade.
I'll be absolutely shocked if he is on the roster at the end of the season.

People don't seem to realize he is the backup to WCS and Boban who will both have limited roles.
Unless there are several injuries or other centers going out in trades, Brown will barely see the court.

Simply don't understand all of the enthusiasm surrounding this guy by fans.
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 8,534
And1: 2,095
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#31 » by Mr B » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:46 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
SOUNDCHASER wrote:Luck trumps unlucky everytime

if you got a guy that can do near double doubles on rebounding and scoring at center with any team in the league good or bad it does not matter because when your talking 5's nobody runs the game through their center unless they have a star like an Embid or Ayton or Towns or someone like that. So when someone accidentally starts to produce he is doing that without the reputation and without them running plays for him then yeah you consider that a special player starting to break out who just decides to perform to the level of nearly getting a double double and he is not a recognized player that they consider their star. That is a find and we got him essentially for nada. I am glad we got lucky enough that he landed here it is going to be so fun when he develops into what he eventually becomes.


Interesting enough no one before Mavs was interesting in getting lucky with Brown. Not in draft and not in his first 3 clubs in Nba. I guess Mavs are really extremely lucky. ;)

Listening how a player, who has never even attempted 3 points shot in his college or professional career, wants to play similarly to Dirk and KP is hilarious. 98.8% of his shots was from 10 ft or less.

Brown should emulate Tyson before trying to become the next Dirk.
Brown will be a non-factor this season and his only value will be as salary filler throw-in in some type of trade.
I'll be absolutely shocked if he is on the roster at the end of the season.

People don't seem to realize he is the backup to WCS and Boban who will both have limited roles.
Unless there are several injuries or other centers going out in trades, Brown will barely see the court.

Simply don't understand all of the enthusiasm surrounding this guy by fans.

Honestly I think it’s his ability as a rebounder and just the fact that he’s a young big with some potential.

I honestly have no idea though what he’s capable of as far as his game. Under Carlisle they always had decent success developing bench bigs. Not sure if that will continue under the new coaching staff. If they turn this kid into a poor man’s Dirk/KP they definitely deserve some kind of award for that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Teffer10
Head Coach
Posts: 6,126
And1: 498
Joined: Oct 06, 2006
     

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#32 » by Teffer10 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:40 pm

Mr B wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Interesting enough no one before Mavs was interesting in getting lucky with Brown. Not in draft and not in his first 3 clubs in Nba. I guess Mavs are really extremely lucky. ;)

Listening how a player, who has never even attempted 3 points shot in his college or professional career, wants to play similarly to Dirk and KP is hilarious. 98.8% of his shots was from 10 ft or less.

Brown should emulate Tyson before trying to become the next Dirk.
Brown will be a non-factor this season and his only value will be as salary filler throw-in in some type of trade.
I'll be absolutely shocked if he is on the roster at the end of the season.

People don't seem to realize he is the backup to WCS and Boban who will both have limited roles.
Unless there are several injuries or other centers going out in trades, Brown will barely see the court.

Simply don't understand all of the enthusiasm surrounding this guy by fans.

Honestly I think it’s his ability as a rebounder and just the fact that he’s a young big with some potential.

I honestly have no idea though what he’s capable of as far as his game. Under Carlisle they always had decent success developing bench bigs. Not sure if that will continue under the new coaching staff. If they turn this kid into a poor man’s Dirk/KP they definitely deserve some kind of award for that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He probably has the potential to be a decent backup center someday, and perhaps the ceiling of a Mihinmi, but that isn't going to move the needle much for us anytime soon.
If we trade WCS during the season to address another area of need, I could see Brown getting an opportunity.
But I honestly see Brown as a throw-in to a deal before WCS.

If we are going to develop someone it might as well be Onu because he at least has some offensive skills. He looked horrible in SL but he has freakish length and is a decent 3pt shooter so at least coaches have something to work with.
Bob8
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,595
And1: 1,851
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#33 » by Bob8 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:15 pm

Mr B wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Interesting enough no one before Mavs was interesting in getting lucky with Brown. Not in draft and not in his first 3 clubs in Nba. I guess Mavs are really extremely lucky. ;)

Listening how a player, who has never even attempted 3 points shot in his college or professional career, wants to play similarly to Dirk and KP is hilarious. 98.8% of his shots was from 10 ft or less.

Brown should emulate Tyson before trying to become the next Dirk.
Brown will be a non-factor this season and his only value will be as salary filler throw-in in some type of trade.
I'll be absolutely shocked if he is on the roster at the end of the season.

People don't seem to realize he is the backup to WCS and Boban who will both have limited roles.
Unless there are several injuries or other centers going out in trades, Brown will barely see the court.

Simply don't understand all of the enthusiasm surrounding this guy by fans.

Honestly I think it’s his ability as a rebounder and just the fact that he’s a young big with some potential.

I honestly have no idea though what he’s capable of as far as his game. Under Carlisle they always had decent success developing bench bigs. Not sure if that will continue under the new coaching staff. If they turn this kid into a poor man’s Dirk/KP they definitely deserve some kind of award for that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


This guy is total non shooter, I don't know if this Dirk comparison was a joke from him, he for sure cannot be serious about that. It's like saying that Terry wants to be LeBron.
leolozon
Head Coach
Posts: 6,232
And1: 5,806
Joined: Nov 08, 2009

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#34 » by leolozon » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:33 pm

He did get better at FT shooting, so MAYBE he can be an okay shooter.

He had a .352 FT% in college, 375 FT% in his first year... and .619 FT% in his 2nd year. That's a huge step, even if the sample size is small.
JJP
Senior
Posts: 740
And1: 167
Joined: Jul 04, 2020
   

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#35 » by JJP » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:20 am

He's not going into a Mavericks game this season to shoot the basketball.

He's going in to rebound, grab put-backs, and protect the rim. If he actually gets pretty good with those things, he will see more playing time. If he gets real rotation minutes that should be seen as a success.

We don't need to make him KP light. We just need a presence underneath the basket.
SOUNDCHASER
Rookie
Posts: 1,222
And1: 176
Joined: Feb 11, 2013

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#36 » by SOUNDCHASER » Thu Sep 2, 2021 12:39 am

With both him and KP In the game who does the other team guard at the rim? Hell just for fun lets play all three giants and go triple towers put in Boban at center KP at PF and Brown at SF
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 44,755
And1: 5,012
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#37 » by HMFFL » Thu Sep 2, 2021 4:41 am

SOUNDCHASER wrote:With both him and KP In the game who does the other team guard at the rim? Hell just for fun lets play all three giants and go triple towers put in Boban at center KP at PF and Brown at SF
Tacko Falls could have been signed and played at the 2.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
LAL1947
Pro Prospect
Posts: 825
And1: 373
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#38 » by LAL1947 » Fri Sep 3, 2021 1:59 am

HMFFL wrote:
SOUNDCHASER wrote:With both him and KP In the game who does the other team guard at the rim? Hell just for fun lets play all three giants and go triple towers put in Boban at center KP at PF and Brown at SF
Tacko Falls could have been signed and played at the 2.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

And when Luka is resting... EJ Onu can act as a pseudo-PG, bringing the ball up.
He's supposedly fast in a straight line, so watch out for them fast breaks. Show-time!

1: Onu
2: Tacko
3: Moses
4: KP
5: Boban

^ Cuban's pseudo-NBA dream team and Nico is bringing it to fruition.
Tall guys who make him reminisce about Dirk and the good times he had riding piggy back on 7 footers.

I make this post in jest... but scarily enough, it could be true. :lol:
SOUNDCHASER
Rookie
Posts: 1,222
And1: 176
Joined: Feb 11, 2013

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#39 » by SOUNDCHASER » Fri Sep 3, 2021 8:14 pm

Kleber and Powell can do better at SG and Kleber is deadly from 3. Onu is too raw to be trusted with PG duties but as a SG yeah I would want to give that a try. Luka is tall enough to match up with other PG's who are all too short anyway so no issue there unless we play Philly. Multiple rings are bound to be the result.
CwDogg
Freshman
Posts: 83
And1: 0
Joined: May 15, 2002
Location: Tyler,Texas

Re: What Does Moses Brown Need To Work On The Most? 

Post#40 » by CwDogg » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:50 pm

Never seen this guy play so I have no idea.

Return to Dallas Mavericks


cron