Sixth Man
And1: 424

Re: How Much Would Goran Dragic Help? 

Post#41 » by HairyGOATee » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:40 pm

KhalilS wrote:
JJP wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Possible, because Powell + WCS aren't enough, if it's true I think a 2nd rd pick or 2 will go to TOR.

I can live with that, but I'd like to see if they can develop Moses Brown.

If a trade happens, then I think it'll be Powell + Burke + Moses Brown.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 824

Post#42 » by Darren » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:24 pm

I think the Mavs is better off not parting with Brown. Dragic wants to be here anyway. Even if Raptors trade Dragic to other teams, Dragic would be brought out. And Dragic is being paid 19M per. Do the Mavs wants to extend Dragic at the same rate? Surely not. Then, the Mavs should not make the trade at all. I think the Mavs is better off seeing what Brown could bring on the floor and wait until Dragic's brought out or available in FA. Kemba Walker is paid only for 8M per. Reggie Jackson and Dennis Schroder fail to get a big payday. Do you get the point? Getting Dragic at 19M per would create chemistry and cap problem in long term. And similar players are actually available at Maxi's price tag. I'd rather sign Ntilikina at veteran min and keep waiting.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,809

Post#43 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:28 pm

At this point a trade for Dragic is pretty useless, we are basically the same team than last year.
Only add Bullock and Dragic can't make us a contender.

Brown appears nothing special to me but now i prefer try him and the others young fellas.
dkb9696
Bench Warmer
And1: 968

Post#44 » by dkb9696 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:05 am

HairyGOATee wrote:
KhalilS wrote:
JJP wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Possible, because Powell + WCS aren't enough, if it's true I think a 2nd rd pick or 2 will go to TOR.

The thing is that the Raptors have no use for Powell/Burke and they make 14M the season after this upcoming season, while Dragic will be off the books at the end of the season. That in itself makes getting a deal done difficult. That is why I imagine Toronto is asking for picks and prospect because they are doing the Mavericks a favour getting that money of their books in exchange for an an expiring contract in Dragic who I imagine would be a rotation player for them in the playoffs.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#45 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:03 am

dkb9696 wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:
KhalilS wrote:

The thing is that the Raptors have no use for Powell/Burke and they make 14M the season after this upcoming season, while Dragic will be off the books at the end of the season. That in itself makes getting a deal done difficult. That is why I imagine Toronto is asking for picks and prospect because they are doing the Mavericks a favour getting that money of their books in exchange for an an expiring contract in Dragic who I imagine would be a rotation player for them in the playoffs.

Yeah, no doubt. I mean, the Raptors can prolly trade Burke relatively easily, but trading Powell would be more difficult.
But Powell's Canadian, so maybe they'd keep him around.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#46 » by Apz » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:55 pm

But mavs also makes raptors a favour to give them some wiggle room for trades this season

Return to Dallas Mavericks