ImageImageImage

Would you trade Maxi for Markkanen?

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

Would you trade Maxi for Markkanen?

Yes
28
64%
No
16
36%
 
Total votes: 44

Bob8
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,595
And1: 1,851
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: Would you trade Maxi for Markkanen? 

Post#81 » by Bob8 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:55 pm

Mr B wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Mr B wrote:For Kleber straight up I agree, he’s not going to fetch a whole lot. But Kleber, a 1st, and a couple seconds can fetch you someone better than Markkanen at the trade deadline. Markkanen (at $17M) by himself won’t fetch you much more than Kleber at the deadline.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


We don't know what would Bulls wanted in addition to Kleber.

Who is better than Markkanen, who wants to come in Dallas, is around 24 years old, meaning he has still a lot of room to improve, and could realistically be traded for Kleber?

Well we do know that they turned down Powell/1st/two 2nds from Dallas for Markkanen. According to that report I posted yesterday anyways. Then on top of that Cleveland paid him almost $17M per. That’s too steep a price for Markkanen.

As for who wants to come to Dallas at the trade deadline? That’s the beauty of a trade. The player doesn’t have to want to come here. He can still be traded to Dallas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sure he can, but to get better player than Markkanen for Kleber, would mean he's forcing out and probably have some ideas, where he wants to go. Very unlikely that you're getting better player than Markkanen, who is still not in his prime, for Kleber.
We have given Seth and Barnes away for nothing, be extremely lucky to get THJ and we still believe that Kleber can bring something more than Markkanen. Really?
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 8,534
And1: 2,095
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Would you trade Maxi for Markkanen? 

Post#82 » by Mr B » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:48 am

Bob8 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
We don't know what would Bulls wanted in addition to Kleber.

Who is better than Markkanen, who wants to come in Dallas, is around 24 years old, meaning he has still a lot of room to improve, and could realistically be traded for Kleber?

Well we do know that they turned down Powell/1st/two 2nds from Dallas for Markkanen. According to that report I posted yesterday anyways. Then on top of that Cleveland paid him almost $17M per. That’s too steep a price for Markkanen.

As for who wants to come to Dallas at the trade deadline? That’s the beauty of a trade. The player doesn’t have to want to come here. He can still be traded to Dallas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sure he can, but to get better player than Markkanen for Kleber, would mean he's forcing out and probably have some ideas, where he wants to go. Very unlikely that you're getting better player than Markkanen, who is still not in his prime, for Kleber.
We have given Seth and Barnes away for nothing, be extremely lucky to get THJ and we still believe that Kleber can bring something more than Markkanen. Really?

Again, not just Kleber. It would at least Kleber a 1st and two 2nds. You have to factor those in because you would not have those picks if you acquire Markkanen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,504
And1: 396
Joined: Jun 07, 2019
         

Re: Would you trade Maxi for Markkanen? 

Post#83 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:50 am

Bob8 wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:Lauri's solid and all, but doesn't move the needle enough, even if the Mavs just got him for nothing.


Mavs won't get a player, who will singlehanded move the needle, they will need to somehow upgrade their team with multiple changes, just waiting for star to come in Dallas won't do.


You're probably right about that. That's why I'm hoping they put the TPE to good use so they can aggregate salaries in a trade.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,504
And1: 396
Joined: Jun 07, 2019
         

Re: Would you trade Maxi for Markkanen? 

Post#84 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:52 am

Mr B wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Mr B wrote:For Kleber straight up I agree, he’s not going to fetch a whole lot. But Kleber, a 1st, and a couple seconds can fetch you someone better than Markkanen at the trade deadline. Markkanen (at $17M) by himself won’t fetch you much more than Kleber at the deadline.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


We don't know what would Bulls wanted in addition to Kleber.

Who is better than Markkanen, who wants to come in Dallas, is around 24 years old, meaning he has still a lot of room to improve, and could realistically be traded for Kleber?

Well we do know that they turned down Powell/1st/two 2nds from Dallas for Markkanen. According to that report I posted yesterday anyways. Then on top of that Cleveland paid him almost $17M per. That’s too steep a price for Markkanen.

As for who wants to come to Dallas at the trade deadline? That’s the beauty of a trade. The player doesn’t have to want to come here. He can still be traded to Dallas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yeah, that is a steep price. No thanks on that. Just make a trade for Dragic instead, or hope he gets bought out.
41Dirk41
Junior
Posts: 475
And1: 117
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Would you trade Maxi for Markkanen? 

Post#85 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:50 am

Noone traded for Kleber+FRP could move the needle, simply it's not a package for that kind of player (unless a strange lucky situation).

Luka will cover our problems in RS one time again then we will destroy again in PO. Stuck in mediocrity.
DJ_3_Ball wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:DDR to Bulls... Ball-LaVine-DDR-X-Vucevic...not bad.

There's nothing on Twitter about this. Nothing on ESPN. Apparently, 41Dirk41 just knows more than the rest of us.
41Dirk41 has an opinion = the word of God :roll:

DDR Finalizing S&T With Bulls
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 8,534
And1: 2,095
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Would you trade Maxi for Markkanen? 

Post#86 » by Mr B » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:59 am

41Dirk41 wrote:Noone traded for Kleber+FRP could move the needle, simply it's not a package for that kind of player (unless a strange lucky situation).

Luka will cover our problems in RS one time again then we will destroy again in PO. Stuck in mediocrity.

I was saying better than Markkanen, not necessarily move the needle.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bob8
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,595
And1: 1,851
Joined: Feb 08, 2017

Re: Would you trade Maxi for Markkanen? 

Post#87 » by Bob8 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:54 am

Mr B wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Mr B wrote:Well we do know that they turned down Powell/1st/two 2nds from Dallas for Markkanen. According to that report I posted yesterday anyways. Then on top of that Cleveland paid him almost $17M per. That’s too steep a price for Markkanen.

As for who wants to come to Dallas at the trade deadline? That’s the beauty of a trade. The player doesn’t have to want to come here. He can still be traded to Dallas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sure he can, but to get better player than Markkanen for Kleber, would mean he's forcing out and probably have some ideas, where he wants to go. Very unlikely that you're getting better player than Markkanen, who is still not in his prime, for Kleber.
We have given Seth and Barnes away for nothing, be extremely lucky to get THJ and we still believe that Kleber can bring something more than Markkanen. Really?

Again, not just Kleber. It would at least Kleber a 1st and two 2nds. You have to factor those in because you would not have those picks if you acquire Markkanen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Kleber is for sure worth more than Powell, so we don't know what Bulls would have wanted in addition.
41Dirk41
Junior
Posts: 475
And1: 117
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Would you trade Maxi for Markkanen? 

Post#88 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:38 am

Mr B wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:Noone traded for Kleber+FRP could move the needle, simply it's not a package for that kind of player (unless a strange lucky situation).

Luka will cover our problems in RS one time again then we will destroy again in PO. Stuck in mediocrity.

I was saying better than Markkanen, not necessarily move the needle.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Ok we will see...last year this wait brought JJ "The YouTuber" Redick.
Maybe not the upgrade we wanted 8-)
DJ_3_Ball wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:DDR to Bulls... Ball-LaVine-DDR-X-Vucevic...not bad.

There's nothing on Twitter about this. Nothing on ESPN. Apparently, 41Dirk41 just knows more than the rest of us.
41Dirk41 has an opinion = the word of God :roll:

DDR Finalizing S&T With Bulls
41Dirk41
Junior
Posts: 475
And1: 117
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Would you trade Maxi for Markkanen? 

Post#89 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:40 am

Bob8 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Sure he can, but to get better player than Markkanen for Kleber, would mean he's forcing out and probably have some ideas, where he wants to go. Very unlikely that you're getting better player than Markkanen, who is still not in his prime, for Kleber.
We have given Seth and Barnes away for nothing, be extremely lucky to get THJ and we still believe that Kleber can bring something more than Markkanen. Really?

Again, not just Kleber. It would at least Kleber a 1st and two 2nds. You have to factor those in because you would not have those picks if you acquire Markkanen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Kleber is for sure worth more than Powell, so we don't know what Bulls would have wanted in addition.


Powell is a subtraction, nobody wants him neither for free.
DJ_3_Ball wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:DDR to Bulls... Ball-LaVine-DDR-X-Vucevic...not bad.

There's nothing on Twitter about this. Nothing on ESPN. Apparently, 41Dirk41 just knows more than the rest of us.
41Dirk41 has an opinion = the word of God :roll:

DDR Finalizing S&T With Bulls
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,504
And1: 396
Joined: Jun 07, 2019
         

Re: Would you trade Maxi for Markkanen? 

Post#90 » by HairyGOATee » Yesterday 9:58 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Mr B wrote:Again, not just Kleber. It would at least Kleber a 1st and two 2nds. You have to factor those in because you would not have those picks if you acquire Markkanen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Kleber is for sure worth more than Powell, so we don't know what Bulls would have wanted in addition.


Powell is a subtraction, nobody wants him neither for free.


You're probably right about that. Powell has more value with the Mavs than just about any other team out there.

Return to Dallas Mavericks