ImageImageImage

Who's At The Bottom Of The Depth Chart? Who's The 15th Best Player On This Team?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Re: Who's At The Bottom Of The Depth Chart? Who's The 15th Best Player On This Team? 

Post#21 » by HairyGOATee » Sun Sep 5, 2021 5:38 am

Darren wrote:I understand the fascination with Moses Brown. Brown could somewhat solve the rebounding issue without giving up too much points in paint. Besides Boban, there's clearly no good rebound upfront. Moses could help in the right role. Brown, potentially, is better shot-blocking wise compared to KP. I don't think the Mavs should part with Moses for a 35 yo Dragic. I believe Moses is way ahead to 15th status on roster.

The two-way contract status is also questionable moves. Letting go of Hinton and Bey is kinda bad moves. I have a lot of concerns with the new management. Sounds incompetent to me after all those offseason moves. Adding Dragic doesn't solve any key issues forward besides pleasing Luka. Still, defense wins championship. The big lineup is the real issue. This present unfavorable matchup to the Mavs more than the opponents last season.

I'd consider trading Moses Brown to the Wizards for an exception, and then using the $10.9 TPE on a guy like Montrezl Harrell.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,809

Re: Who's At The Bottom Of The Depth Chart? Who's The 15th Best Player On This Team? 

Post#22 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 7:14 am

OMG Harrell again. Please stop. He can't play in the PO, he is trash.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,753

Post#23 » by leolozon » Sun Sep 5, 2021 5:12 pm

SOUNDCHASER wrote:Boban in certain situations against certain matchups is as dominant player that can do some great things so he is worth keeping at 2nd or third string for emergency use. We almost beat LAC with him as the starting center. Plus he is Jokic's buddy too and a great recuiter.

If Brown does get his game to Boban level on offense and rebounding then I will be happy because his blocking ability is fairly well proven to be top tier aready and that kind of defense will help KP out and get us another big to pair with him so that we can use size advantages to cause other teams trouble with our twin tower attack.

Luka THJ and DFS and others need to work on perimeter defense to take that to the next level.

I wonder how tall is the tallest pair of bigs currently in the league. Boban and KP may have been number 1 but is Brown at 7'2" and KP at 7'3" still the tallest? We are ranked as having the tallest team in the NBA this season

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/5-tallest-teams-nba-right-now/2

https://sportytell.com/nba/tallest-nba-players-all-time/

Boban, KP and Brown are all listed in the top 30 all time tallest players in NBA history

What do you mean "almost beat L.A with him."? When they put Boban in, it was the beginning of the end. They were 2-2 without him and 1-2 with him... How is that better? He was also less fed in the game they won.

The offense and defense was bad with him. To be fair, the defense was also atrocious without him. It's just that if you are giving up perimeter defense for twin towers, it better be guys who can defend the rim.

Also, how many times did Luka telegraph the entry pass and a defender came in to steal it from Boban?
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#24 » by Apz » Sun Sep 5, 2021 7:28 pm

I say boban. He is just so extremely situational that in my opinion he should ve the easiest to do without
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#25 » by Pinkyring » Mon Sep 6, 2021 5:29 pm

Boban shouldn't even be in the league the fact we're paying him 7m over 2 years is absurd
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#26 » by SOUNDCHASER » Mon Sep 6, 2021 7:22 pm

Now that we have Moses he’s a luxury not a need but still in the playoffs he led the team in rebounding and was fourth in scoring so he serves an area of need and he’s a situational matchup we could use
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 847

Post#27 » by Teffer10 » Mon Sep 6, 2021 9:30 pm

Pinkyring wrote:Boban shouldn't even be in the league the fact we're paying him 7m over 2 years is absurd

Luka must love him is the only logic I can think of.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#28 » by LAL1947 » Mon Sep 6, 2021 10:27 pm

Here's my stab at a "strength" chart.
Ex: I'm expecting rows 6 & 7 to be less impactful than row 5 in the playoffs.

There is some hope built into it too.
Ex: I'm hoping Porzingis will perform like the 2nd best player on the team instead of how he did last year. :P

1. Luka
2. Porzingis
3. DFS, THJ
4. Kleber, Bullock
5. Powell, WCS, Sterling
6. Brunson, Green
7. Burke, Boban, Moses, Terry
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man

Post#29 » by SOUNDCHASER » Mon Sep 6, 2021 11:15 pm

Boban and Brown are both ahead of WCS and Powell on the depth chart and have earned the right by out performing them. Fact Boban was fourth in scoring and led the team in Rpg during the playoffs and Browns production in OKC probably justifies him starting. Dragic May mean Powell is gone to TOR
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by SOUNDCHASER » Mon Sep 6, 2021 11:17 pm

LAL1947 wrote:Here's my stab at a "strength" chart.
Ex: I'm expecting rows 6 & 7 to be less impactful than row 5 in the playoffs.

There is some hope built into it too.
Ex: I'm hoping Porzingis will perform like the 2nd best player on the team instead of how he did last year. :P

1. Luka
2. Porzingis
3. DFS, THJ
4. Kleber, Bullock
5. Powell, WCS, Sterling
6. Brunson, Green
7. Burke, Boban, Moses, Terry

Brunson is also a 4 on your rating system
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man

Post#31 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:24 pm

Eugene and Jaquori seem to be better defenders than Hinton and Bey. I’d consider trading or cutting Tyler as well.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#32 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:53 pm

KhalilS wrote:Mavs are short on guards, and have 4 centers ahead of Brown, it's Brown.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Sterling or Moses? :wink: :lol: :P
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#33 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:54 pm

Trade Powell, Burke, and Tyrell Terry for Goran Dragic.
Then use the TPE on someone like Montrezl Harrell or Jeremy Lamb.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,809

Post#34 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:55 am

I prefer Cuban spend 10M in Las Vegas than sign Harrell or Lamb for that TPE. They are crap.

Return to Dallas Mavericks