ImageImageImage

Open 2 way spot

Moderators: Texas Chuck, Dirk, HMFFL

ejs78
Starter
Posts: 2,045
And1: 413
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Open 2 way spot 

Post#1 » by ejs78 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:48 pm

Likely won't mean much but who gets it?

Read on Twitter
?t=VZ9srti-CMBAd4MjNcBaGw&s=19

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
41Dirk41
Rookie
Posts: 1,070
And1: 226
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Open 2 way spot 

Post#2 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:25 pm

Marqueese Chriss...24yo... He earns a try for sure.
Mark Cuban On The Mavs' Free Agency Moves: 'I Think We've Improved Our Team Considerably.'
ejs78
Starter
Posts: 2,045
And1: 413
Joined: Jul 03, 2015
 

Re: Open 2 way spot 

Post#3 » by ejs78 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:30 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Marqueese Chriss...24yo... He earns a try for sure.
Reading Pinson can get it, but not Chriss due to his time spent in the league. Id rather have Chriss too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
41Dirk41
Rookie
Posts: 1,070
And1: 226
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Open 2 way spot 

Post#4 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:41 pm

ejs78 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:Marqueese Chriss...24yo... He earns a try for sure.
Reading Pinson can get it, but not Chriss due to his time spent in the league. Id rather have Chriss too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app


Ah ok :banghead:

But can we offer him a minimun? Maybe cutting the useless WCS.
Mark Cuban On The Mavs' Free Agency Moves: 'I Think We've Improved Our Team Considerably.'
Maverick41
Pro Prospect
Posts: 794
And1: 328
Joined: Dec 26, 2009
 

Re: Open 2 way spot 

Post#5 » by Maverick41 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:39 pm

Bummed that Omaruyi had a season ending injury. Looked like someone that could contribute.

To me, we should definitely cut McLaughlin too. He does not look like an NBA player and looks overwhelmed out on the court.

As for the open 2 way spot, I think Pinson definitely gets it. He's been playing well and his hustle has really stood out.

My hope is that we can make a consolidation trade soon to open up a spot for Chriss. While we could just cut WCS, he has a decent sized expiring contract that can be useful in trades for salary matching purposes.
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 9,178
And1: 2,272
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Open 2 way spot 

Post#6 » by Mr B » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:26 am

41Dirk41 wrote:Marqueese Chriss...24yo... He earns a try for sure.

I’m not certain Chriss doesn’t take WCS’s spot.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,683
And1: 413
Joined: Jun 07, 2019
         

Re: Open 2 way spot 

Post#7 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:54 pm

Maverick41 wrote:Bummed that Omaruyi had a season ending injury. Looked like someone that could contribute.

To me, we should definitely cut McLaughlin too. He does not look like an NBA player and looks overwhelmed out on the court.

As for the open 2 way spot, I think Pinson definitely gets it. He's been playing well and his hustle has really stood out.

My hope is that we can make a consolidation trade soon to open up a spot for Chriss. While we could just cut WCS, he has a decent sized expiring contract that can be useful in trades for salary matching purposes.


Agreed on all accounts. Maybe we can trade WCS and Burke for a guy like Jeremy Lamb. Not sure if the Pacers would go for that though, but you'd have to think Carlisle would be interested in reuniting with some of his former players.

Well, maybe not if he dissed them in front of Luka...
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 45,628
And1: 5,417
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: Open 2 way spot 

Post#8 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:58 am

Well, I will mention his name once again, because he's waiting. Mfiondu Kabengele! Sign him already before someone else does.

Mfiondu Kabengele is the best available option

Even better is Mfiondu Kabengele, who has two-years of NBA experience and could play a similar role to that of Eric Paschall, a former member of the Warriors.

Kabengele is a tanky forward who can dribble the ball, attack the basket and step outside of the paint for jumpers. He scored 26 points in a recent G-League game, showing his prowess as a scorer and offensive rebounder.
I think fans would be surprised by Kabengele’s energy and skill-level in the frontcourt. He appears to be a hidden gem that simply needs a home in the NBA.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bluemanhoop.com/2022/01/03/golden-state-warriors-options-final-two-way-spot/amp/

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
KhalilS
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,784
And1: 2,261
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: Open 2 way spot 

Post#9 » by KhalilS » Fri Jan 7, 2022 12:07 pm

HMFFL wrote:Well, I will mention his name once again, because he's waiting. Mfiondu Kabengele! Sign him already before someone else does.

Mfiondu Kabengele is the best available option

Even better is Mfiondu Kabengele, who has two-years of NBA experience and could play a similar role to that of Eric Paschall, a former member of the Warriors.

Kabengele is a tanky forward who can dribble the ball, attack the basket and step outside of the paint for jumpers. He scored 26 points in a recent G-League game, showing his prowess as a scorer and offensive rebounder.
I think fans would be surprised by Kabengele’s energy and skill-level in the frontcourt. He appears to be a hidden gem that simply needs a home in the NBA.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bluemanhoop.com/2022/01/03/golden-state-warriors-options-final-two-way-spot/amp/

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app


Mavs are really lacking in athleticism and high energy players, I'd give him the spot over Penson and McLoghlin, he's the only guy with remote shot of seeing court after COVID dust settles.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,683
And1: 413
Joined: Jun 07, 2019
         

Re: Open 2 way spot 

Post#10 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:10 pm

Give it to Chriss if they can
Mr B
General Manager
Posts: 9,178
And1: 2,272
Joined: Nov 20, 2014
         

Re: Open 2 way spot 

Post#11 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:06 pm

HairyGOATee wrote:Give it to Chriss if they can

They just signed Chriss to a third 10-day contract and I think they have plans to resign him for the remainder of the season. They need to open up a roster spot and I’d WCS and Burke are prime candidates to be released.
Darren
RealGM
Posts: 12,039
And1: 588
Joined: Nov 06, 2003

Re: Open 2 way spot 

Post#12 » by Darren » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:15 pm

Fifth year veterans are off limit. I guess it is for Moses Brown, Eugene Omoryui or similar prospect. Chriss will definitely take either Powell or WCS's spot. In case, a Dragic for Powell trade goes down, that's the best case scenario to the Mavs. But I won't part with Green right now. Browns and Bullock are available. If Toronto is interested in Powell + Bullock + Burke + 2023 Miami 2nd, I think we're in.

Powell + Bullock + Burke + 2nd for Dragic + Boucher + Bonga

The Mavs could use frontcourt players. In case, things doesn't work out. TPE for a frontcourt player like TT or Harkless could be done. I think Ntilikina deserves playing time. I don't hessitate to trade Bullock to open a spot. But if Toronto is more interested in Sterling Brown, I think it's even better to both side.
41Dirk41
Rookie
Posts: 1,070
And1: 226
Joined: Mar 26, 2021
     

Re: Open 2 way spot 

Post#13 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:16 pm

Darren wrote:Fifth year veterans are off limit. I guess it is for Moses Brown, Eugene Omoryui or similar prospect. Chriss will definitely take either Powell or WCS's spot. In case, a Dragic for Powell trade goes down, that's the best case scenario to the Mavs. But I won't part with Green right now. Browns and Bullock are available. If Toronto is interested in Powell + Bullock + Burke + 2023 Miami 2nd, I think we're in.

Powell + Bullock + Burke + 2nd for Dragic + Boucher + Bonga

The Mavs could use frontcourt players. In case, things doesn't work out. TPE for a frontcourt player like TT or Harkless could be done. I think Ntilikina deserves playing time. I don't hessitate to trade Bullock to open a spot. But if Toronto is more interested in Sterling Brown, I think it's even better to both side.


I think Toronto shipping Boucher or Achiuwa, they will not change our destiny but they can play.

For cheap i should pull the trigger.
Mark Cuban On The Mavs' Free Agency Moves: 'I Think We've Improved Our Team Considerably.'
tribulations
Analyst
Posts: 3,125
And1: 1,100
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
 

Re: Open 2 way spot 

Post#14 » by tribulations » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:06 pm

HMFFL wrote:Well, I will mention his name once again, because he's waiting. Mfiondu Kabengele! Sign him already before someone else does.

Mfiondu Kabengele is the best available option

Even better is Mfiondu Kabengele, who has two-years of NBA experience and could play a similar role to that of Eric Paschall, a former member of the Warriors.

Kabengele is a tanky forward who can dribble the ball, attack the basket and step outside of the paint for jumpers. He scored 26 points in a recent G-League game, showing his prowess as a scorer and offensive rebounder.
I think fans would be surprised by Kabengele’s energy and skill-level in the frontcourt. He appears to be a hidden gem that simply needs a home in the NBA.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bluemanhoop.com/2022/01/03/golden-state-warriors-options-final-two-way-spot/amp/

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app


Always liked him!
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,683
And1: 413
Joined: Jun 07, 2019
         

Re: Open 2 way spot 

Post#15 » by HairyGOATee » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:40 pm

Mr B wrote:
HairyGOATee wrote:Give it to Chriss if they can

They just signed Chriss to a third 10-day contract and I think they have plans to resign him for the remainder of the season. They need to open up a roster spot and I’d WCS and Burke are prime candidates to be released.


Yeah, I wanted to keep Chriss too, so I'm glad he's on the team, but I would have liked it if the Mavs had traded away WCS instead of waiving him.

Oh well.

Return to Dallas Mavericks